Reserves Match

Afternoon all,

As my name indicates, I live on the Westgate Road and fancy taking in the reserve game against Manchester City tomorrow at SJP.

Does anyone know how much it is and what stand to go to?

I appreciated that you have more important things to discuss!

Regards,

Rich

Its normally about £3 to get in, Id imagine its the East (Main Barrack Road) Stand thats used.

We only play the odd game at SJP.

The rest are at Kingston Park I think. :lol:

That would make more sense, its going to be emptier that when we played you in the Carling Cup :lol:

Well occasionally we get two or three thousand people going and it gets the players used to the ground I suppose.

Funny that boycotted Carling cup match was the Highest attendance of the round IIRC or thereabouts.

Well occasionally we get two or three thousand people going and it gets the players used to the ground I suppose.

Funny that boycotted Carling cup match was the Highest attendance of the round IIRC or thereabouts.

:lol: Don't bite man.

You know I can't help myself sometimes :lol:

At that match the turnstiles were letting people in cheap on the sly, I got in for £10 and a few lads say they got into Leazes for £5 :lol:

Latest:

Newcastle Res 1 Manchester City Res 1

Newcastle took the lead in the 16th minute through a shot from Andy Carroll but Benjani levelled for City with a header on 32 minutes.

Danny Guthrie was forced to leave the pitch five minutes before the break after taking a kick on the ankle, to be replaced by Haris Vuckic.

Team: Krul, Tavernier, Lough, Smith, Morris, Edgar, Doninger, Guthrie (Vuckic 40), Ranger, Carroll, Xisco

Subs: Godsmark, Danquah, Ferguson, James Taylor.

City were the last side to beat Newcastle's reserve side, winning 3-0 at Hyde back in January. Since then the lads have won five and drawn the other two of their seven league and cup fixtures.

The visitors sit in fourth spot - a point and a place behind Newcastle - and are expected to include Martin Petrov as he continues his comeback from injury.

Carroll was good, Edgar and Lough were decent at the back but Vukcic was excellent as an attacking midfielder - played some lovely passes and has a great first touch

Which number was Vukcic. didnt see his details on the team sheet. First time Ive been to see the reserves play at sjp at i thoroughly enjoyed it. Parked in the Strawberry at 6.55pm, straight into the ground with no messing.

What a difference been one row off the pitch to been in level 7. Could here every grunt and groan from Smithy and an alltogether much better football experience. Shame it was the last home game of the season.

The match itself was very good and exciting stuff with a superb goal and a win thrown in.

Why is Krul not playing in the first team. His distribution was great and looked very commanding coming out into the box to catch balls.

Also impressed with Darren Lough, smiths hard tackling and simple passing, not conceding possesion in the middle. (would not be surprised if he gets the nod off Shearer). Carroll I thought was immense, some nice touches from Xisco first half.

Two other lads who looked decent in the middle were Wesley Ngo Baheng and Frank Danquah.

Overall highly reccomend a night at the reserves for anyone who has never been. Free for season ticket holders OR £3, OAPS £1.50

He was number 14 - came on for guthrie - wasn't on the team sheet - reckon shearer wanted a look at him :lol:

Anyone know the extent of Guthrie's injury?

I think we'll see Carroll in the starting 11 against Stoke. We need a big physical body up front in a match where they'll try to beat us down with force, so it's good that Carroll is in some scoring form. Someone braid his hair for the next match please.

Martins and Carroll for mine, with Owen possibly playing in a midfield role behind them, and alongside Butt.

The problem with Smith is that he doesn't create anything in terms of our attack. Lets face it, we'll be lucky not to concede a goal, so suddenly we need to score at least 2 in order to win. Can say the same for Butt as well. Nolan when he first arrived seemed to be bombing into the box at the right time, but has fallen off since.