Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle

Happy Face

Anyone watching?

His stand up is excellent and the show is based a lot on that, but takes it further with short sketches.

The 20 minute tirade against Delboy falling through the bar is brilliant, but the sketch that follows with a 20ft Del boy falling through a straw bar is inspired...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00jh...cle_Television/

Quite like Stewart Lee when I've seen him. Funny bloke. Used to like that 'This Morning with Richard not Judy' or whatever it was called.

Quite like Stewart Lee when I've seen him. Funny bloke. Used to like that 'This Morning with Richard not Judy' or whatever it was called.

That was a great programme, getting away with as much as humanly possible on a sunday morning, i'm surprised they didn't get in more trouble! For some reason though, both that and Lee and Herring's other show 'Fist of fun' never seem to be repeated or available to buy, though i managed to trawl the internet and download both a little while back.

Loved Fist of Fun and This Morning with. I think the beeb lost the master tapes for both series so can't have them put out on DVD. I saw the first episode and thought it was pretty good. He was spot on with the Radio 4 comedy voice.

Loved Fist of Fun and This Morning with. I think the beeb lost the master tapes for both series so can't have them put out on DVD. I saw the first episode and thought it was pretty good. He was spot on with the Radio 4 comedy voice.

Funnilly enough i was having a look on wikipaedia and they reckon they havent lost the master tapes to TMWRNJ despite the rumours, but because of the topical nature of some of the material they likely won't ever repeat or release it.

Was also reading that it did get plenty of complaints on points of view, particularly at them taking the piss out of Jesus and the bible most sunday mornings, so fair play to whoever commisioned the series and kept letting them do it despite complaints, could do with more of that attitude now!

I cannot stand the bloke, he must be the smuggest individual to have walked the face of the Earth.

Richard Herring>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stewart Lee

I cannot stand the bloke, he must be the smuggest individual to have walked the face of the Earth.

Richard Herring>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stewart Lee

The way he smugly looks straight into the camera at times on his new show makes him look like a total cock.

That was a great programme, getting away with as much as humanly possible on a sunday morning, i'm surprised they didn't get in more trouble! For some reason though, both that and Lee and Herring's other show 'Fist of fun' never seem to be repeated or available to buy, though i managed to trawl the internet and download both a little while back.

All TMWRNJ episodes are on Google Video. Some great stuff looking back at them like the Curious Orange and the fake Rod Hull :lol:

I think Stewart Lee is a fantastic comedian. Some of his stand up stuff is out of this world.

I think Stewart Lee is a fantastic comedian. Some of his stand up stuff is out of this world.

He was very disappointing when I saw him at the opera house about ten years ago. Gave the impression he couldn't really be arsed.

I haven't seen any of his really old stuff but his more recent shows, especially the ones he did after Jerry Springer: The Opera are fantastic.

EDIT: I feel the need to post the Princess Di bit from one of his shows...

Edited by Ketsbaia

That Braveheart stand up of his is brilliant. <_<

"A Scotch paedophile......the worst kind of paedophile there is"

:icon_lol:

Just been watching it on youtube, top class stuff! Love the thick guy who didn't get Lee's irony in using "scotch" so corrected him and also the fat bearded guy who's clearly hating it as Lee rips into Braveheart and the scots but trying not to look absolutely gutted!

Fair play to Lee doing it in Glasgow as well :icon_lol:

I thought I'd give this another go tonight, I wish I hadn't.

Do you not remember The Zavvi?

* Never-ending nostalgia gags.

* Topical gags (even though he knows the show won't be aired for 3/4 months).

* Taking the piss out of debt 'help' adverts.

* Estate agents are cunts.

* People are desperate for property.

Cutting edge comedy it ain't.

Edited by ewerk

* Estate agents are cunts.

Cutting edge comedy it ain't.

I thought comparing them to rats, suggesting they should be exterminated and then piling their rotting corpses Jew style in the back of a lorry was pretty close to the knuckle.