World Cup bids for 2018 and 2022

dbsweeney

LaLigaLoca

By 2022 football could have openly gay players. Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar. So therefore FIFA would support any ban imposed on them?

Interesting but we also have to consider women - whom aren't allowed to do most things in Qatar and of course - synonymous with a lot of football supporters and their raison d'etre, drinking!

LaLigaLoca

By 2022 football could have openly gay players. Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar. So therefore FIFA would support any ban imposed on them?

Interesting but we also have to consider women - whom aren't allowed to do most things in Qatar and of course - synonymous with a lot of football supporters and their raison d'etre, drinking!

Well this is it, like I said a bit higher up what will the Israel national team do? Jews don't exactly have many fans in Qatar and like you've said drinkings a complete no-no and there wont be a world cup fanny thread sadly ;) .

Heard a rumour....

Anyone know if its true that fifa dont pay any tax, at all, in the country that wins the world cup bid?

I think the profit in South Africa for fifa was about 300 million quid, as you say, tax free ;)

all hail Sepp's happy "football family" :)

LaLigaLoca

Well this is it, like I said a bit higher up what will the Israel national team do? Jews don't exactly have many fans in Qatar and like you've said drinkings a complete no-no and there wont be a world cup fanny thread sadly ;) .

Might be wrong, but I don't think you're allowed into Qatar with an Israeli passport...

Russia have won it.

Fuck the BBC.

Say what you want like, Lord Triesman and the BBC cost us what was a nailed on World Cup.

;)

Whey aye, course they did. All these third world FA's tuned into Panorama after a hard day taking calls, bringing favours in and recieving nice gifts with every intent of giving the tournament to England and nearly spat out their drink at what they saw. 'Right, England! That's you off the short list! I was 100% going to give you my vote, an ahll!'

They're spreading the game and don't give a fuck if it put's our noses out of joint, and if they get a bit wedged up in the process? Job's a good'un.

We had no chance.

P.S. I really hope someone pulls Linekar and asks if he's going to stick to his principles and walk away from the BBC.

Anyone know the dates for Ramadan 2018 btw?

D'oh. 2022!

If you were serious, it moves back 2 weeks every year and it ran from 2nd week of August-2nd week of September this year. So in 12 years it'll have moved back 6 months and it'll be in February/March. Nee bother.

LaLigaLoca

Might be wrong, but I don't think you're allowed into Qatar with an Israeli passport...

I know this is true with UAE and that Qatar is part of the same anti-Jewish group (something about not receiving any imports from Israel) so that could well be true mate.

Heard a rumour....

Anyone know if its true that fifa dont pay any tax, at all, in the country that wins the world cup bid?

Pretty much, it's sponsors get their nose in the trough as well..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10091277

fuck me - how is any of that even legal? ;)

Edited by Lazarus

Anyone know the dates for Ramadan 2018 btw?

D'oh. 2022!

If you were serious, it moves back 2 weeks every year and it ran from 2nd week of August-2nd week of September this year. So in 12 years it'll have moved back 6 months and it'll be in February/March. Nee bother.

Cheers mate

It was a serious question ( even though I initially fucked up the date ;) )

I know Qatar has seen a slight liberalisation of it's laws under the current Emir, was just curious.

How they deal with the alcohol issue will be interesting, to say the least.

The one saving grace is not having to listen to Cameron basking in it if we had won.

I love that Putin didn't even bother showing though. He knew it was in the bag by then. He was probably stripped to the waist, chopping down trees whilst Cameron was tonguing Sepp's ringpiece.