Why Newcastle will be relegated - and turn to Alan Shearer to get back up.

TheMoog

The thing is you know, we ARE right in shit, it's stating the obvious but we HAVE to get 9 points out of 9 off Boro, Portsmouth and Fulham, we are capable of doing it, no doubt about it, but it's not a given.

Well, the article's littered with truisms and cliches, isn't it? If someone had posted it on here they'd have had the piss ripped out of them.

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Eventually, Ashley will realize that JK is a poor manager and he needs a better one if NUFC are to be sold for a real profit.

Shortly thereafter, he will also realize he only finds horribly under qualified candidates for the job because of Wise, Llambias, at which point he'll finally fire those two.

Around that time, everything falls into place, NUFC returns to form within a couple of seasons and Ashley finally sells for a tidy profit.

How long it takes for all this to happen is anyone's guess though and that's the problem.

I'd like to think the scales will fall from Ashley's eyes and he will realise he has to invest in real financial terms as well........but all you've got to do is have a look in one of his shops and you realise that his entire business ethos is based on doing things on the fuckin cheap :baby:

I don't think it'll be a matter of the scales, it'll be a matter of the team sucks because the manager is shite, no good managers will turn up because the DoF is shite, and Ashley can't sell the whole mess until he sorts out the DoF.

At the end of the day, Ashley is a businessman. I'm sure he digs NUFC as much as the next guy, but he bought the team to make money- either by massive sales of tickets and merch or by doing what he's done with his brands- improving them and then selling them off.

That being said, I don't know- it seems so simple- just get rid of the front office. You get rid of them, you'll get some manager of note to turn up. Is it a tought gig? Sure, but at the same time NUFC has never been worse- if you're the manager who comes in and NUFC continues to suck, you've lost nothing really. However, if you're the guy that comes in and turns us around? Like makes us a top 5 side again? Christ, he'd never have to buy a drink in the North East again.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell ya who I do like as a pundit and that's John Hartson. Seen him a couple of times on Sentata, and heard him on the radio as well. He was once doing the punditry during an Old Firm game and the guy was as unbiased as owt, as well as making some good points. On football in general, he sounded pretty good when I heard him on the radio.

What was the name of the lad he booted during training at Wist'am ?? Fucked if I can remember.

Guest Stevie
Tell ya who I do like as a pundit and that's John Hartson. Seen him a couple of times on Sentata, and heard him on the radio as well. He was once doing the punditry during an Old Firm game and the guy was as unbiased as owt, as well as making some good points. On football in general, he sounded pretty good when I heard him on the radio.

What was the name of the lad he booted during training at Wist'am ?? Fucked if I can remember.

Berkovic. I agree by the way good pundit, what I like about him is unlike most pundits he's natural, he doesn't try to be funny just tells you how it is, which is how it should be. How many times do you hear Andy Gray laughing, and you think what ye laughing at ya daft cunt, it's not funny. Hartson is good without a doubt and speaks well of NUFC. A lot of people don't like him, but I do find Waddle natural and hilarious.

Saw him the other day. Hasn't missed many dinners.

Saw him the other day. Hasn't missed many dinners.

It happens to a lot of athletes like me and John H. It's called Relaxed Muscle Syndrome.

That is all. :baby: