Bruce coming in the summer.

Park Life

Would be a massive improvement on what we have and only if we stay up apparently.Good organiser and succint in the transfer market. Likes one big man up front and some power in midfield. Hope it happens.

You forgot to mention that his nose goes across half his face. Thought it was worth mentioning, you know, in case anyone had missed it.

It's a measure of how far we've sunk that I think this would be a good thing. Not that I think he would touch us with a shitty stick. It would be a step down for him tbh as things stand.

It's a measure of how far we've sunk that I think this would be a good thing. Not that I think he would touch us with a shitty stick. It would be a step down for him tbh as things stand.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"....etc..

Edited by Park Life

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"....etc..

yeah I tend to agree with kitman. Not so long ago, people were almost threatening to hang Shepherd from the Tyne Bridge if he appointed Bruce.

Now he is looked on as a possible saviour. He's done a good job at Wigan, but it doesn't mean he is big enough and good enough to be a success at a pressure club like us.

I'm quite dismayed just now to be honest, not just because of today, but our prospects generally.

He's not really good enough, and never was, but if we have sunk so low then why not and I can't believe I'm saying this.

yeah I tend to agree with kitman. Not so long ago, people were almost threatening to hang Shepherd from the Tyne Bridge if he appointed Bruce.

Now he is looked on as a possible saviour. He's done a good job at Wigan, but it doesn't mean he is big enough and good enough to be a success at a pressure club like us.

I'm quite dismayed just now to be honest, not just because of today, but our prospects generally.

He's not really good enough, and never was, but if we have sunk so low then why not and I can't believe I'm saying this.

Tbf, and I'm not looking for an argument here, you thought FS had done well when he appointed Allardyce and Bruce is probably about as good as he was in terms of actual achievements. Without the bullshit 'science' as well. I agree with what you're saying in general though.

Tbf, and I'm not looking for an argument here, you thought FS had done well when he appointed Allardyce and Bruce is probably about as good as he was in terms of actual achievements. Without the bullshit 'science' as well. I agree with what you're saying in general though.

Didn't the bullshit science lessen the injuries or did I imagine it?

I hate the way he moans after games (see the ridiculous complaints after the chelsea game... esp the "foul" on melchiot for bramble's goal). I hate the fact that he was such an unloyal manager for the first halfish of his career. And I really can't stand his nose (although the disgust has lessened over the years, either due to increased tolerance or maybe he's in the middle of a 50 stage resetting procedure).

I don't care that he played for man u, or that he may/may not be a geordie. I also don't care that he snubbed us in the past. I don't think he's the best manager in the world..... and tbh I don't think he would come here.

However, I think that appointing him or a similar character would be a good way of wiping the slate clean, because he seems to be capable of doing a sensible job.

Thus I think 2-3 seasons of him steadying the ship and turning us back into a respectable football club, before bringing a more long term solution would be ideal..... mind you i probably would say the same of Allardyce if you asked me during the Roeder years

Didn't the bullshit science lessen the injuries or did I imagine it?

It did, but I'm not sure you saw it long enough to know if that was a fluke or not. I meant his much vaunted tactics and so on really though.

I hate the way he moans after games (see the ridiculous complaints after the chelsea game... esp the "foul" on melchiot for bramble's goal). I hate the fact that he was such an unloyal manager for the first halfish of his career. And I really can't stand his nose (although the disgust has lessened over the years, either due to increased tolerance or maybe he's in the middle of a 50 stage resetting procedure).

I don't care that he played for man u, or that he may/may not be a geordie. I also don't care that he snubbed us in the past. I don't think he's the best manager in the world..... and tbh I don't think he would come here.

However, I think that appointing him or a similar character would be a good way of wiping the slate clean, because he seems to be capable of doing a sensible job.

Thus I think 2-3 seasons of him steadying the ship and turning us back into a respectable football club, before bringing a more long term solution would be ideal..... mind you i probably would say the same of Allardyce if you asked me during the Roeder years

In all seriousness although now it seems SA was a complete fuckwit no one can say he was given enough time in all fairness.

Allardyce didn't get enough time here but that doesn't mean for a minute he was the right man for the job. What I meant by his bullshit science is that he has about 10 nutritionists etc. to hide behind the fact he's a long-ball man who fills his teams full of grafters.

you can have an argument if you want one :lol:

Yep I admit I was very much for Allardyce, I've admitted it a few days ago on NO too.

I still think he's a good manager, but if now we say he wasn't suited to us then its fair comment, he def had to go because he was getting it wrong. Some would say he should have had longer which is also fair comment but if you are getting it wrong someone has to make a decision whether to stick or twist.

I thought at the time that Allardyce was easily above Bruce if the pecking order, if time has changed that, then fair enough. I still don't think he's a manager for a truly top club though.

Newcastle will always be a club where things can change quickly though, we all know it only takes a run of 5 or 6 good results and half the city wants to come back, so if we got lucky and found a gem from somewhere and backed him, we would rise very quickly.

Edited by LeazesMag

Allardyce didn't get enough time here but that doesn't mean for a minute he was the right man for the job. What I meant by his bullshit science is that he has about 10 nutritionists etc. to hide behind the fact he's a long-ball man who fills his teams full of grafters.

To be honest, we knew this, and I also knew that the higher you go in football, the more you need the talented players to "play football" ie pass, run, move, use intelligence etc to make their quality count. But when you looked at Allardyces record, and the fact that he would have changed the setup of the club and take a new direction, it made him a fair punt at the time, or seemed to.

Went against things I knew but admit it was an exception, and didn't work.

I think I may have mentioned before that Bruce is a cunt who I hope never manages this club. Better manager than the clueless old man we have at the minute but still shite.

It would be like a deal with the devil really. Except with no excess of earthly pleasures to look forward to, just crushing mediocrity. However I can't see how any top manager would be willing to put up with our club, and it pains me to admit it. I also don't see how the lot in charge would have the vision or intelligence to recruit a world beater; if JFK doesn't come back I honestly think they'll be ringing round the likes of Venables and Graham on the day before the season kicks off, as the thought that they have to get off their fat arses and do something finally percolates through their flaccid underdeveloped brains to shake them from their complacency.

Edited by Kitman