Milner or Jonas.

Park Life

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really ain't gonna argue Milner vs anyone cause you won't have a rational view whatsoever, but I don't get how you claim he has a shit cross. His crossing is quite good IMO.

My only gripe is his ability of beating his man. But I think he will improve there as well. He will never be bloody Ronaldo, but that's okey tbh.

The fella who said he wouldn't improve cause he had played 200 matches and age was fairly irrelevant, that just isn't true. He is a young lad with bags of potential. Decent with both feet, good physique, good pace, must be a dream to work with for Robertson I'd bet.

You got loads of players developing late under a different management.

I'd say he lacks pace and his crossing is inconsistent.

He isn't consistent enough on his crossing, that I agree with. But I think he will improve it. In fact I'd say his crossing this season has been better then Young's.

His pace really isn't bad. He looks slow compared to Ash and Gabby, but that's cause they are fuckin sprinters. He is quick enough and has outpaced more then one fullback this season. He just needs more routine on beating his man.

I really ain't gonna argue Milner vs anyone cause you won't have a rational view whatsoever, but I don't get how you claim he has a shit cross. His crossing is quite good IMO.

My only gripe is his ability of beating his man. But I think he will improve there as well. He will never be bloody Ronaldo, but that's okey tbh.

The fella who said he wouldn't improve cause he had played 200 matches and age was fairly irrelevant, that just isn't true. He is a young lad with bags of potential. Decent with both feet, good physique, good pace, must be a dream to work with for Robertson I'd bet.

He isn't consistent enough on his crossing, that I agree with. But I think he will improve it. In fact I'd say his crossing this season has been better then Young's.

His pace really isn't bad. He looks slow compared to Ash and Gabby, but that's cause they are fuckin sprinters. He is quick enough and has outpaced more then one fullback this season. He just needs more routine on beating his man.

I can see Robertson giving him an extra 5% on his ball skills.

He looked slow here. He can run all day but he's got no real pace and he doesn't even have a turn of pace - i.e. being quick off the mark, which is probably more important. He's got a few tricks and can beat his full-back if the full-back gets isolated against him.

He looked slow here though, and that was playing alongside the likes of Butt and Carr.

I don't think he's got quicker though :lol:

Helps playing in a good side. He'd still be struggling here, which is in no way a dig at him.

His crossing IMO has always been super inconsistent. In terms of consistency he seems to be better off his left foot, as he has the distance pegged just about right. Off his right he too frequently over-hits it, trying to get the whipping in cross that can be so dangerous.

I honestly don't think he will improve a great deal. If he does though, I'll be happy for him as I know he is honest and hard working, and gets every accolade that he deserves. He'll learn a thing or two and will have a better footballing brain, but I still my my earlier assertion that with his amount of games all within the same league he will not develop a great deal more, despite still being quite young.

His crossing IMO has always been super inconsistent. In terms of consistency he seems to be better off his left foot, as he has the distance pegged just about right. Off his right he too frequently over-hits it, trying to get the whipping in cross that can be so dangerous.

I honestly don't think he will improve a great deal. If he does though, I'll be happy for him as I know he is honest and hard working, and gets every accolade that he deserves. He'll learn a thing or two and will have a better footballing brain, but I still my my earlier assertion that with his amount of games all within the same league he will not develop a great deal more, despite still being quite young.

Must be tough comparing him to the supreme crosser Jonas. :lol:

Fair call there. :doh:

Jonas can cross from the edge of the box, or cut it back, from the wing though it seems that he doesn't have enough power to get the ball in with any sort of pace. That's not going to change any time soon. I'd say he's at his best when he's running at men getting in behind them, making his way into the box and then picking out our strikers in the box.

Edited by OzToonFan

Fair call there. :doh:

Jonas can cross from the edge of the box, or cut it back, from the wing though it seems that he doesn't have enough power to get the ball in with any sort of pace. That's not going to change any time soon. I'd say he's at his best when he's running at men getting in behind them, making his way into the box and then picking out our strikers in the box.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jonas lead the assists in La Liga last season (something liek that I;m sure I heard somewhere)...?

Jonas can cross if you're standing 6 feet away from him and speak Spanish.

That was a myth put about by Wise.

Jonas can cross if you're standing 6 feet away from him and speak Spanish.

That was a myth put about by Wise.

Think you're on the money there (in both comments). Not a crosser in the traditional English sense, better at short passing where there is a fair deal of communication and anticipation between players. In other words shite for us.

Put in a good cross for Martins today.

Ryan Taylor's crossing was a let down on a couple of occasions too.

Was more of a chip to the back post than a cross. Good ball though. Martins should have scored. Jonas' crossing / shooting is reminiscent of Dyer's imo. I.e. weak as piss.

Was more of a chip to the back post than a cross. Good ball though. Martins should have scored. Jonas' crossing / shooting is reminiscent of Dyer's imo. I.e. weak as piss.

Two headers Martins should have tagged. :lol:

If we were Genoa or Napoli his car would have been wrecked.

Edited by Park Life

Two headers Martins should have tagged. :lol:

The first one, he had to go backwards slightly but I still thought he should done better. The second one - i.e. the one above - was a sitter.

Which again begs the question, why are we playing both him and Lovenkrands/Duff on their wrong foot? None of them are fantastic crossers of the ball with their best foot so forcing them to either check back inside or have a swinger with their wrong foot can't help. And none of them can shoot worth shit so having them come inside is worthless too.

Which again begs the question, why are we playing both him and Lovenkrands/Duff on their wrong foot? None of them are fantastic crossers of the ball with their best foot so forcing them to either check back inside or have a swinger with their wrong foot can't help. And none of them can shoot worth shit so having them come inside is worthless too.

I have no fucking idea!! :lol:

Aye, it only has any logic if they can both shoot well, which neither appears to be able to do. Although Enrique and Jonas have a canny understanding down the left (minus end product :lol: ). It smacks a bit of trying to be clever, before getting the basics right.

Enriques delivery for long balls and crosses is pretty spot on

he hit a few with his right yesterday cross field and i thought "good ball....hang on he did that with his weak foot!"

Aye, he can knock a decent ball tbf. Actually looks to pick players out rather than just hitting it into good areas.

he hit a few with his right yesterday cross field and i thought "good ball....hang on he did that with his weak foot!"

Aye, he can knock a decent ball tbf. Actually looks to pick players out rather than just hitting it into good areas.

Towards the end of last season when Martins was playing more towards the left he played some lovely balls down the line into the space that Martins was moving into.

Towards the end of last season when Martins was playing more towards the left he played some lovely balls down the line into the space that Martins was moving into.

True dat.

so with that in mind why not play narrow midfield on the left, with enrique and his better crossing foot engaged more than currently.

i mean Jonas is actually right footed...

It's what KK would do.