Xisco and Colo are Happy!!

andy_w_1986

Fabricio Coloccini and Xisco are adamant that they made the right moves by joining Newcastle United, insisting they are enjoying themselves in England despite the club's struggles.

The former Deportivo La Coruna pair were signed when Kevin Keegan was manager at St James' Park and have endured differing fortunes during their first few months on Tyneside.

While Coloccini has become a regular in the team, Xisco has suffered a number of injuries which have limited his chances of first team football.

"This experience is new for me and I am in a great club. Also, I am learning English," Coloccini told the Xornal de Galicia.

Happy to be playing

"I am in a similar situation to the one I was in last season at Depor where I am playing in nearly every game and that is important.

"Now we have to move away from the bottom half of the table as soon as possible."

Xisco's bad luck has not dampened his enthusiasm and he is confident that he will prove to Newcastle that they were right to sign him from Deportivo.

"I have lived through worse situations. With hard work anything is possible. I am confident that I can succeed in England and am learning from it all the time," he explained.

Coloccini has not ruled out re-signing for the Spanish league outfit later in his career, as he also enjoyed his time at Riazor.

"I would love to go back there one day," he added.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4939713,00.html

Kind of thing i would expect colo to be saying however it is good to see xisco still has a positive outlook. Perhaps im just naive but i really think the lad has a future here, he wont be sold in my opinion so perhaps next season we will see the best of the lad....maybe not.

Good to see he (Xisco) still has a positive outlook. LIke Andy I still see him as having a future here. Obviously we need to see more from him to know what that future will be like, but he sounds like he'll have a better crack than Luque of getting back into the first team. I sense that unlike Luque, Xisco works hard in training.

As for Colo, I think he has played in every game for us this season. He also played in every game for Depor last season. Having that sort of injury free consistency at the back is a good thing, and something we've not had much of in the past. He's made some mistakes this season, but on the whole it's been a reliatively decent transition.

Good to see he (Xisco) still has a positive outlook. LIke Andy I still see him as having a future here. Obviously we need to see more from him to know what that future will be like, but he sounds like he'll have a better crack than Luque of getting back into the first team. I sense that unlike Luque, Xisco works hard in training.

As for Colo, I think he has played in every game for us this season. He also played in every game for Depor last season. Having that sort of injury free consistency at the back is a good thing, and something we've not had much of in the past. He's made some mistakes this season, but on the whole it's been a reliatively decent transition.

Both getting the same treatment from their respective managers tbf so I'm not sure where that conclusion can be drawn from.

Speaking of Luque,

He's Malaga's main force in La Liga now. Anyone's who's been watching their games now knows what I mean.

He looked good in their first half against Valencia the other night (especially has he was playing on the right hand side of the attack) but he faded in the second half.