Someone needs to smack Shola with a golf club...

Flair

I'm in danger of being a serial Shola-defender, but even in jest to call for a toon player to be smacked with a golf club is out of line and if you feel inspired to post that kind of brainless drivel do it with the rest of the chavs on NO.

Whilst it is indeed indicative of how far the club has fallen, I think that there are some very good reasons for giving him a new contract.

1) Next season Michael Owen will be no longer be at the club

2) Next season Obafemi Martins will no longer be at the club

3) Next season Mark Viduka will no longer be at the club

4) Xisco will no doubt still be at the club, despite the clubs best efforts to flog him

5) Alan Smith has scored one goal in the last 3 seasons

6) Andy Carroll has scored two goals ever

7) Nile Ranger has not played a solitary second of top flight football

8) Shola has played more games and scored more goals for NUFC than anyone else at the club.

Giving Shola a new contract because there might not be anyone else from the current setup left is fatalism but not reason.

It might be fatalism, but it's the reality of the situation we face.

I'd be astonished if we don't lose three senior strikers in the summer, to replace them is unlikely enough, to replace four is near impossible.

Giving Shola a new contract because there might not be anyone else from the current setup left is fatalism but not reason.

It might be fatalism, but it's the reality of the situation we face.

I'd be astonished if we don't lose three senior strikers in the summer, to replace them is unlikely enough, to replace four is near impossible.

See, I think that replacing Shola is quite easy. There are loads of strikers in the british Divisions of the same quality (and likely to be on smaller wages), nevermind in the European leagues. If Shola had proved himself in any way in the last couple of years the decision would make sense, but he proved to be an unreliable, injury prone donkey with only few glimpses of talent.

He deserves being sacked for not understanding the offside rule anyway.

There are loads of strikers in the british Divisions of the same quality (and likely to be on smaller wages)

A mate of mine heard his new contract was on less than his current (35k >> 20k) - I took this as another sign of championship contingency planning and Shola thinking he'll be the main man next year.

As for replacing him, there must be some fucker playing for a local pub team who is better.

Think it was just to stop him going on a free. I could see him leaving come the summer still for around £2.5m.

Has Geordielad hacked your account? :outahere:

:lol:

Change 'think' to 'hope' :suicide: You're right about him being replaceable as well. The others might be more problematic though. Thinking about it Shola might struggle to pass a medical.