Is it really out of the question?

Deano

I'd love it if that were to happen but everytime we are positive and build ourselves up for something better we are let down once again, its becoming increasingly obvious that all kinds of ambition, optimism and belief in the hierarchy at Newcastle is just pointless :lol:

And im usually the optimistic one in my group of mates too...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinnear has to go and we need a good manager who is given full control and not messed around.

If we get that then we don't need too much money, just the right ideas and a reasonable amount of investment.

Just talking to 2bias there and something dawned on me, should we stay up, then this window just gone could well of been a good but albeit brave and bold move.

We have raked in about 12 mil on two players who didnt want to play for the club, one who was world class but replaceable, the other a whinging inconsistent little prick.

In doing so probably relieved the club of 50k and 30k a week which over the year is £4,160,000.

And again in the summer the likes of Owen 110k, Viduka 50k, Geremi 40k and cacapa 20k will all be leaving, collectively picking up 220k a week and £11,440,000 a year thats a further sizeable chunk the wage bill will be reduced by.

So going into the summer with £15,600,000 less to be spent on wages, 8mil profit from january window, plus a reported 5 mil left from the milner sale we should already have a budget of over £20mil before we take into consideration TV money from sky and Setanta (Reported at £50mil) of which less will need to be spent on wages meaning more to reinvest in new players, and money from the PL for retaining PL status, which i believe to be around the £5-10mil mark.

So is it really out of the question that we could go and spend £40mil+ in the summer? And thats not even MA putting any of his own clought into the bargain.

My business accumen is not great but i dont think my figures or interpretation can be FAR wrong.

As for people saying players would be reluctant to move to us, i think thats rubbish, we can write off this season, like we have many of times and still be an attractive option to many many players. Ok we are not going to attract the creme da le creme but we will still attract a good standard of player.

I can see us going in for M.Johnson and Veloso again and standing a better chance than we did in a mid-season window where clubs are reluctant to sell.

But we really need to be pushing the boat out in the summer, MA can stay so long as he does, £40mil + outlay, shift the dead wood, dont offer Wise another contract or terminate his current deal and go get the players we need in positions which are important.

LB, CB, CM, LW, RW, ST x2

Is it really out of the question?

Yes alex, gemmil and other members of the "doom and gloom, my pints half empty" brigade, i have woke up in positive spirits...you should try it sometime! :lol:

:D

You do realise that when we get shot of all of these players you mention we will have roughly 18 first team players left. Thats's only just enough to field a team with subs and includes Butt, Duff, Xisco, Ameobi & Gutherie, non of whom should be good enough to get a place on the bench. And a lot of the rest are hardly of a quality to get excited about.

So even if this mythical £40m (we had tv money this year and still made a loss without spending anything) ever appeared it wouldn't be enough to build us a squad to get excited about. Add to this that likelyhood that our better players (Martins, Jonas and ...????) will probably be looking to get away in the summer and we seem to want to get rid of Enrique too I fail to see what there is to get excited about.

If we stay up this year (and as others have said with this team it's a big if) we will be shite next year with the cunts we have controlling the club.

NUFC is possibly the only thing Ashley owns now that is making him money. I can see him milking us dry. :lol:

true enough. wonder if anyone's done a quick check on the finacials of his other holding companies?

our deal with adidas will probaly be the next to go, as i understood ( perhaps mistakenly) it was a rolling one with adidas since 93 for 10 years ....

Geordie Lad, do us all a favour and NEVER get into a conversation with 2bias again. The intelligence vacuum that it creates could cause a black hole into which the world could disappear. Seriously this can never happen again.