Is it really out of the question?

Deano

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley's taking a massive (and uneccessary) risk on our PL survival. If gets away with it, he'll have been lucky. That doesn't mean it'll have been a masterstroke. It'll just mean exactly that, i.e. he got lucky. It also won't mean he'll splash the cash come the summer (I'm sure there'll be plenty 'bids' though) either and even if he was prepared to - who can possibly have faith in the manager / board to get the right players here?

Doom and gloom or common sense?

If, and it's a huuuuge if, we do survive, I would love to be at the party LardAsh throws in way of celebration - it will be one hell of a bash!

The 'bids' you refer to - I'll take it that these will be 'serious' bids.

And finally, divvent upset G'Lad or us in the WBAB will have to 'sort it'. :lol:

:) WBAB? Pardon my ignorance.

God, you have just asked a question that makes me, and hundreds of other posters on here, feel very, very old.

WBAB stands for Whitley Bay Aggro Boys and '.....AB' eg LBAB (Longbenton Aggro Boys) was a common term in days of yore.

Maybe it's a good thing that the young kids aren't familiar with the term.

LMFAO no disrespect mate but if i was part of a gang called that id expect a fucking hiding for being part of something that sounded so stupid.....how about BBB (Blyth beastie boys) :razz:

It was all the rage in the 70s :D

Red Docs, yellow laces, bags with a four button waist band. :icon_lol:

Ashley's taking a massive (and uneccessary) risk on our PL survival. If gets away with it, he'll have been lucky. That doesn't mean it'll have been a masterstroke. It'll just mean exactly that, i.e. he got lucky. It also won't mean he'll splash the cash come the summer (I'm sure there'll be plenty 'bids' though) either and even if he was prepared to - who can possibly have faith in the manager / board to get the right players here?

If, and it's a huuuuge if, we do survive, I would love to be at the party LardAsh throws in way of celebration - it will be one hell of a bash!

And finally, divvent upset G'Lad or us in the WBAB will have to 'sort it'. :lol:

:) WBAB? Pardon my ignorance.

God, you have just asked a question that makes me, and hundreds of other posters on here, feel very, very old.

WBAB stands for Whitley Bay Aggro Boys and '.....AB' eg LBAB (Longbenton Aggro Boys) was a common term in days of yore.

LMFAO no disrespect mate but if i was part of a gang called that id expect a fucking hiding for being part of something that sounded so stupid.....how about BBB (Blyth beastie boys) :razz:

It was all the rage in the 70s :D

Sex Pistols

NF

ACAB

LBAB

you just don't get that graffiti any more. It's all tags these days.

Edited by alex

And finally, divvent upset G'Lad or us in the WBAB will have to 'sort it'. :D

:razz: WBAB? Pardon my ignorance.

LMFAO no disrespect mate but if i was part of a gang called that id expect a fucking hiding for being part of something that sounded so stupid.....how about BBB (Blyth beastie boys) :icon_lol:

It was all the rage in the 70s :)

Sex Pistols

NF

ACAB

LBAB

Miss out KAB and you'll get feckin Laced mind! :lol:

NUFC is possibly the only thing Ashley owns now that is making him money. I can see him milking us dry. :D

How's that?

Player sales, TV income, season tickets? :lol:

As bad as he is in running the club but where is the indication that he is personally making profit from it? So far he has only been trying to balance the books and by this reduced the value of the club (his investment), but he has not really withdrawn any money for himself.

It was acceptable in the 80s.

"Iv got love for you if you were born in the 80's....the 80's"

Thats probably why i think your a cockend then.... :lol:

No animosity here. I just think you're a bit thick.

And finally, divvent upset G'Lad or us in the WBAB will have to 'sort it'. :D

:razz: WBAB? Pardon my ignorance.

LMFAO no disrespect mate but if i was part of a gang called that id expect a fucking hiding for being part of something that sounded so stupid.....how about BBB (Blyth beastie boys) :icon_lol:

It was all the rage in the 70s :)

Sex Pistols

NF

ACAB

LBAB

Miss out KAB and you'll get feckin Laced mind! :lol:

I was from Burradon. You from Killy like?

The thick or summink will inherit the world apparently.

Thick? Because i have a positive outlook?

Or

Because i misread. Id retract that post but we all make mistakes eh, im only human.

Thick? Because i have a positive outlook?

Or

Because i misread. Id retract that post but we all make mistakes eh, im only human.

You're the one who namechecked me in OP then called me a cockend later so don't play all hurt or try to make out I'm the one making this personal.

The thick or summink will inherit the world apparently.

It's just the kingdom of heaven, isn't it. It's bad enough that I'll have to cope with them when I am dead, so they should leave me alone while I am alive tbh.

Edited by Isegrim

That subway was like Checkpoint Charlie in its symbolism.

:D

Many a raid launched thru there.

Happy days.

equally , ran like a basser back thru it to safe ground many a time, Burradon Bamps in hot pursuit :):lol:

Edited by Monkeys Fist

:razz:

Happy days.

equally , ran like a basser back thru it to safe ground many a time, Burradon Bamps in hot pursuit :icon_lol::D

BAB :)

I was never into that sort of thing much like. Apart from the running away from the big kids bit :lol:

The alliances were fucking hilarious like. Iirc KAB were hand in glove with LBAB. Burradon, Annitsford and Dudley were all on the same side.

As much as I would like to see the money we have recouped/saved in player sales and wage cuts I cannot for the life of me see Ashley allowing the club to spend £40m in the summer. It will just be little buys like that O'toole fella from Watford. If expenditure (before transfer money in) hits £20m I'd be very suprised.

:razz:

Happy days.

equally , ran like a basser back thru it to safe ground many a time, Burradon Bamps in hot pursuit :icon_lol::D

BAB :)

I was never into that sort of thing much like. Apart from the running away from the big kids bit :lol:

The alliances were fucking hilarious like. Iirc KAB were hand in glove with LBAB. Burradon, Annitsford and Dudley were all on the same side.

All allied against Shiremoor. :icon_lol:

only read the OP and would say that while it is possible that we could spend £40m on players in the summer there's a couple of problems

attracting the right kinds of players when we aren't exactly the high paying, fleet footed entertainers anymore.

our competitors already have a £40m+ head start on us.

this may sound obscene, but is £40m going to be enough?

there's other things in my head, but I'm tired and going to bed.

Just talking to 2bias there and something dawned on me, should we stay up, then this window just gone could well of been a good but albeit brave and bold move.

We have raked in about 12 mil on two players who didnt want to play for the club, one who was world class but replaceable, the other a whinging inconsistent little prick.

In doing so probably relieved the club of 50k and 30k a week which over the year is £4,160,000.

And again in the summer the likes of Owen 110k, Viduka 50k, Geremi 40k and cacapa 20k will all be leaving, collectively picking up 220k a week and £11,440,000 a year thats a further sizeable chunk the wage bill will be reduced by.

So going into the summer with £15,600,000 less to be spent on wages, 8mil profit from january window, plus a reported 5 mil left from the milner sale we should already have a budget of over £20mil before we take into consideration TV money from sky and Setanta (Reported at £50mil) of which less will need to be spent on wages meaning more to reinvest in new players, and money from the PL for retaining PL status, which i believe to be around the £5-10mil mark.

So is it really out of the question that we could go and spend £40mil+ in the summer? And thats not even MA putting any of his own clought into the bargain.

My business accumen is not great but i dont think my figures or interpretation can be FAR wrong.

As for people saying players would be reluctant to move to us, i think thats rubbish, we can write off this season, like we have many of times and still be an attractive option to many many players. Ok we are not going to attract the creme da le creme but we will still attract a good standard of player.

I can see us going in for M.Johnson and Veloso again and standing a better chance than we did in a mid-season window where clubs are reluctant to sell.

But we really need to be pushing the boat out in the summer, MA can stay so long as he does, £40mil + outlay, shift the dead wood, dont offer Wise another contract or terminate his current deal and go get the players we need in positions which are important.

LB, CB, CM, LW, RW, ST x2

Is it really out of the question?

Yes alex, gemmil and other members of the "doom and gloom, my pints half empty" brigade, i have woke up in positive spirits...you should try it sometime! :lol:

:D

haddaway and shite. Smell the coffee in the morning.