Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a few on here like the idea of red numbering and naming on the backs but i fuckin detest it....RED!?!

Blue man...

Red numbers are our tradition... :D

Why do you detest it so much?

I know a few on here like the idea of red numbering and naming on the backs but i fuckin detest it....RED!?!

Blue man...

I know it is but not been used for years....just dont look right to me...plus its the colour of the filth.

Blue man...

I know it is but not been used for years....just dont look right to me...plus its the colour of the filth.

By that rationale, we shouldn't use White stripes either?

Red numbers are the canine testicles man.

It's what we had when I first started supporting us( Supermac era), would love to see them back.

Blue man...

Red numbers are our tradition... :icon_lol:

Fucking knew that'd be the reason :D

Coming up with an argument like that is as petty as some of the shit that the Mackems come up with. By the same token we should avoid black and white too as that appears on their kit also.

Red numbers are our tradition - whether it extends further back than this I don't know but they were definitely using it in the 50s as my Dad remembers it well.

One the one hand people argue they want a plain simple traditional shirt and not some modern classless thing but on the other they don't want the traditional numbers.

Aside from everything else, it's more readable against black and white stripes too. :lol:

I'm a big fan of the red numbers as it probably shows. Stylistically it looks best, it's been ages but it's our classic look and we've not had it in my time... so it seems like the logical way to go.

I guess black, white and red are the colours of the North East, we just use them differently :D

I bet your bottom dollar we'll have a patch regarless Matt. Still red numbers on a 'small' white patch was tradition anyway...

Blue man...

I love the 95/96 style away shirt though.

The one with red in it you mean? :D

More mock-ups....

Well the home one is good :D

newcastlehome_20100403_1192063375.png

The away one is plain and simple... good stuff :icon_lol:

newcastleaway_20100403_1739672311.png

Have a feeling not too many are going to be impressed with the third though.... that said the use of the old NUFC ball logo makes me think it would look good on the shirt somewhere - back of the shirt, just below the collar?

newcastle3rdretro_20100403_1690113990.png

Gateshead mockups.... nice :D Love #2 - reminds me a lot of the classic German shirt of the 70s/80s...

gatesheadhome_20100402_1017080772.png

gatesheadhomem2__20100402_1375472271.png

gatesheadaway_20100402_1076418376.png

gatesheadawaym2__20100402_1206409423.png

gateshead3rdm2__20100402_1438364165.png

Nice! Both those home mockups look good, better than the majority of the Adidas template shirts.

The sponsor is that Fit for a City thing instead of the Council logo: Gateshead_Fit_for_a_City_Horizontal.jpg

We'll also likely go back to a Claret and Blue away strip, only had the current blue one because Adidas Europe didn't do a Claret one.

Much prefer the 'retro' adidas badge.

Totally agree. Why don't they use it anymore?

The other one's shit.

They use both: the three stripes for adidas equipment stuff (more athletic gear) and the trefoil for adidas originals (more casual / retro gear).

Blue man...

I love the 95/96 style away shirt though.

The one with red in it you mean? <_<

No...Burgandy actually :aye: