What Are You Watching?

Ketsbaia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished watching the new season of The X Files. Overall while it's been nice to see it back, it's been disapointing for the most part with only two of the episodes really delivering the goods. I don't think it's been helped by having a much smaller run than they were used to and they tried to do too much in too short a period of time. I'd still like to see it return for a longer run.

Anyone watch Vinyl?

Bit of a mixture for me - some decent drama but a few dodgy characters and horrific English accents. I thought his wife was a twat when he went off the rails and the ending was far-fetched but there was enough promise to mean I'll probably keep watching for now.

I

watched

the second

episode

of this and

thought

it much

improved

from the first, seemed a lot

more

coherent.

Been watching Man in the High Castle. I get far too into these sort of things. Loving it.

I want to see that. Mentioned it before but the book is quality. Widely regarded as the best he's written. I couldn't comment properly as I've 'only' read about 20% of his output but it is excellent.

It could have certainly been better. I did love the episode with Rhys Darby though.

Enjoyed the X-Files for what it was. Agree that they tried to do too much in the time they had and really enjoyed the Rhys Darby episode. Don't understand why some panned it. There was always the odd episode that had more comedy than conspiracy. Mulder doing "Magic Mushrooms" was also pretty good.

Enjoyed the X-Files for what it was. Agree that they tried to do too much in the time they had and really enjoyed the Rhys Darby episode. Don't understand why some panned it. There was always the odd episode that had more comedy than conspiracy. Mulder doing "Magic Mushrooms" was also pretty good.

From what I've tees it was the best received episode of the run. Six episodes wasn't enough to dip in and out of mythology episodes. They should have went all out on them or just stuck with monster of the week ones.

Been watching Man in the High Castle. I get far too into these sort of things. Loving it.

I'm only a few episodes in but really enjoying it too. Hoping to get through quite a bit of it this weekend. It looks absolutely fantastic as well on our new TV.

Edited by Jill

Still enjoying the affair. The second season, not my bit on the side who is threatening to tell my Mrs.

Started the man in the high castle and transparent but haven't kicked on with either yet. Ditto Ray Donovan.

The yank rework of Mad Dogs is decent so far. About 6 episodes in.

Our problem seems to be spreading ourselves too wide. We've still got season two of better call Saul and Fargo to crack on with before the new seasons of house of cards and game of thrones kick off.

Edited by Dr Gloom