Ben Haim joins Sunderland

JonTheMag

Ok, now I know Ben Haim is no John Terry, Carlos Puyol, or even Bassong, but still, how the fuck do we not go for this?! We should have been looking to who we could get on loan/for cheap since January 1st. But no, we sign fucking Kevin Nolan and Peter 'Released by Shalke' Lovenkrands going into the last day of the window, with the likelihood of 2 or less players coming in tomorrow. WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO WAKE THIS FUCKING BOARD UP!? It doesn't matter if we sign Alan Shearer or Pele incarnate tomorrow, we're still fucked. I'm praying that we get relegated this season, forces Ashley to sell to an owner with actual ambition who recognizes how far this club can go with the right amount of money based on the diehard support of the fans, and then we start getting real money invested in REAL players and moving up in the league.

This was meant to be a thread about Sunderland signing Ben Haim, but I got a little carried away. Sorry.

I can only think that we didn't go for Ben Haim because Taylor is on his way.

It being a loan move would probably have suited us though, but I'd prefer Taylor signed permanently.

Ok suppose tomorrow Coloccini and Bassong suffer a freak car accident that rules them out for the rest of the season. You then have a backline of:

Edgar Taylor (Geremi?) Enrique.

Wouldn't you rather have Ben Haim in there somewhere? But its really not even about Ben Haim itself, its the fact that we have no ambition.

I'm praying that we get relegated this season, forces Ashley to sell to an owner with actual ambition who recognizes how far this club can go with the right amount of money based on the diehard support of the fans, and then we start getting real money invested in REAL players and moving up in the league. :razz:

I would rather go down the route that we survive the drop, then some one buys out ashley as soon as they know the club is safe and in the premiurship next season...? What sort of attitude is that? Fuck that I want us to stay up!

Anyone else agree with the above post?

I'm praying that we get relegated this season, forces Ashley to sell to an owner with actual ambition who recognizes how far this club can go with the right amount of money based on the diehard support of the fans, and then we start getting real money invested in REAL players and moving up in the league. :razz:

I would rather go down the route that we survive the drop, then some one buys out ashley as soon as they know the club is safe and in the premiurship next season...? What sort of attitude is that? Fuck that I want us to stay up!

Fuck off, fuck off and the fuck off again.

nope, you're on your own with that load of complete stupidity

I think your a fool.

Fuck off, fuck off and the fuck off again.

So you would pray we get relagated too huh? I dont!

Haha ok, maybe praying for relegation was a bit overboard. I was blinded in the moment! Of course I'd rather see us stay up and get sold anyway, or be proven wrong about Ashley and have some massive turn around in the summer, but if relegation is what it takes for us to get back to where we were a decade ago, so be it. I'd rather get relegated this season and be challenging for a spot in Europe in a two-three years than suffer this mediocrity for the next decade

Haha ok, maybe praying for relegation was a bit overboard. I was blinded in the moment! Of course I'd rather see us stay up and get sold anyway, or be proven wrong about Ashley and have some massive turn around in the summer, but if relegation is what it takes for us to get back to where we were a decade ago, so be it. I'd rather get relegated this season and be challenging for a spot in Europe in a two-three years than suffer this mediocrity for the next decade

tbh I'd rather we just won the league this season, which is about as likely as what you're saying

But what if we didnt manage to get back up the next season we could do a leeds. I hope Ashley gets out his check book tonight though.

tbh I'd rather we just won the league this season, which is about as likely as what you're saying

Do you honestly think that we're going to go anywhere under Mike Ashley? If we get relegated and force him to sell, theres a chance, a small chance at that, but a chance that we'll end up with an owner who has our best interests in mind and is willing to invest. Maybe 2-3 years is a bit to short to expect a return, but I'd take that over keeping Ashley for the next 5.

Do you honestly think that we're going to go anywhere under Mike Ashley? If we get relegated and force him to sell, theres a chance, a small chance at that, but a chance that we'll end up with an owner who has our best interests in mind and is willing to invest. Maybe 2-3 years is a bit to short to expect a return, but I'd take that over keeping Ashley for the next 5.

I think your mad! I rather have Ashley and stay in the league any day!

do you honestly think getting relegated will get us bought by some super rich bloke who will rocket us to the top of world football? Frankly us going down would put us in the worst situation we'll have been in in my lifetime, we wouldn't be bought because we'd be a fucking CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE get a fucking grip man

nope, you're on your own with that load of complete stupidity

Why am I on my own?????? I never wrote it mate, I copied it from above, I'm against it if you read it

I think your mad! I rather have Ashley and stay in the league any day!

Would you rather have Ashley and be going through the crap we're going through this season every year for the next 5 years, CONSTANTLY worrying about getting relegated, and CONSTANTLY being underwhelmed by each and every transfer window, or get it over with, get Ashley out, and hopefully get a decent owner?

I'm not saying that relegation=Ashley leaving, and us getting bought out by someone good. But if getting relegated is what it takes to get us bought by someone good, I'd take that.

Relagation would be fucking disaterous mate, really think about. The club would crumble like a pack of cards I rekon! The loss of revinue, with the sky high wages plus all the players would want to jump ship

I dont even want to think about it to be honest

Only a complete moron would think that relegation is an answer to any difficulties at the Toon. Then again, there are people on forums that actually watched the match and thought ameobi rated a 6 or a 7.

So there are complete morons around.

Only a complete moron would think that relegation is an answer to any difficulties at the Toon. Then again, there are people on forums that actually watched the match and thought ameobi rated a 6 or a 7.

So there are complete morons around.

A subtle dig at Shear Class perhaps?