Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

;) More than Wigan get at home, and this is an under 12 game. I just can't get me head round this at all, surely the pub is a better option.

;) More than Wigan get at home, and this is an under 12 game. I just can't get me head round this at all, surely the pub is a better option.

Tell you what like if you're a kid playing, that must be fucking mint.

Aye totally. Even if you're a 33 year old fat cunt like me and you it must be, never mind being a kid in front of it.

Aye totally. Even if you're a 33 year old fat cunt like me and you it must be, never mind being a kid in front of it.

Well aye, I was thinking that too like. Just didn't want to be the first to say. :icon_lol:

Well aye, I was thinking that too like. Just didn't want to be the first to say. :icon_lol:

:D

Biggest crowd I've played in front of is about 700 in the County Cup Final, and the school we played literally had every kid there. We were outnumbered 10 to 1, and I don't mind admitting I felt like I was walking out at Wembley in front of 100,000, not Heaton Stannington. The atmosphere felt tremendous.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

New York Cosmos are back!

new-york-cosmos-2011-umbro-shirt.jpg

new-york-cosmos-umbro.jpg

The New York Cosmos has already launched two elite youth academies, Cosmos Academy East (in New York) and Cosmos Academy West (in Los Angeles) with former Major League Soccer stars Giovanni Savarese and Teddy Chronopoulos appointed as Academy Directors, respectively. Both academies participate in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy.

Furthermore, The New York Cosmos has acquired the Copa NYC tournament, and beyond running it every year in New York, they will be looking to expand it both domestically and internationally in order to engage more local communities to participate in the ‘global game’ at a grassroots level.

Paul Kemsley, Chairman of The New York Cosmos commented, “We are excited about our kit deal with Umbro – namely because we both strongly embrace the heritage of the beautiful game, and are excited about its future here in New York City and throughout the United States. The New York Cosmos will be much more than just a soccer club. The best way to describe it is a movement, for the advancement of soccer across the world.”

Manchester United legend Eric Cantona is making a shock return to the game as director of soccer at New York Cosmos.

link

Aye it's nice stuff like, the NY Red Bulls just got a new Stadium built in Harrisburg I watched them play Chivas USA in it decent ground but one of them flat packs tbh. Any news on where the Cosmos will play? be interesting to see who people follow like because most the 'soccer' followers have switched to the Red Bulls but obviously started off Cosmos fans before they went last time.

Aye it's nice stuff like, the NY Red Bulls just got a new Stadium built in Harrisburg I watched them play Chivas USA in it decent ground but one of them flat packs tbh. Any news on where the Cosmos will play? be interesting to see who people follow like because most the 'soccer' followers have switched to the Red Bulls but obviously started off Cosmos fans before they went last time.

Harrison, actually. Harrisburg is in Pennsylvania. Of course, Harrison, the home of the "New York" Red Bulls, is in New Jersey.

The Cosmos don't have a stadium and aren't registered for any competitions. I think they fancy they're going to be the Harlem Globetrotters of "soccer", going around the country and playing exhibition matches. It sounds like a huge publicity stunt and one that will end in failure, tbh.

Harrison, actually. Harrisburg is in Pennsylvania. Of course, Harrison, the home of the "New York" Red Bulls, is in New Jersey.

The Cosmos don't have a stadium and aren't registered for any competitions. I think they fancy they're going to be the Harlem Globetrotters of "soccer", going around the country and playing exhibition matches. It sounds like a huge publicity stunt and one that will end in failure, tbh.

I take it that's Ashley's pal Paul Kemsley involved as well.

Edited by alex

I know it's in NJ, same as the Giants and Jets play in NJ.

Hmm doesn't sound good like, when they scheduled to start up I read somewhere it wasn't till 2013 they think till they'll be playing.