Other games

Park Life

Is Stephen Warnock really England's next choice for left fullback after Ashley Cole?

He just gave away a horrible penalty against City. Villa were up 1-0 at the time and City were looking pretty toothless despite bossing posession (anything else expected with Villa being away?). Tevez slammed the penalty home, then a minute or two later Adam Johnson burst into the box in the area where Warnock should have been defnding, had enough time to stop, think about it, and play a calm pass into the path of Adebayor who knocked it in from all of 4 yards.

Oh dear.

Absolutely cracking goal from Huddlestone for Tottenham. Hammeded into the top corner from distance. Keeper had no chance.

Edited by OzToonFan

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leighton Baines then?

Does SWP even have a look in, or hasn't played enough football? Just went on a great run down the left and setup Bellamy for Cities third goal.

Leighton Baines then?

Does SWP even have a look in, or hasn't played enough football? Just went on a great run down the left and setup Bellamy for Cities third goal.

no idea, capello could pick anyone, there have been some good english performances lately

Dawson given the spurs fans player of the year award, should be in the WC squad IMO, certainly ahead of King

Leighton Baines then?

no idea, capello could pick anyone, there have been some good english performances lately

Dawson given the spurs fans player of the year award, should be in the WC squad IMO, certainly ahead of King

Too error prone and keen on the rash challenge, plus no real experience at this level.

Carroll should be in the squad, like.

Two things from last night, Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud is finished, he's a pale shadow of the old Ruud, touch was hopeless, maybe he looks worse as he's with inferior players, but I'm not sure.

The second is Simao, I think he's an amazing player I don't understand how he's not at one of the best 8 sides in Europe, everything he does seems effortless.

Simao was shite when he was at Barca.

Leighton Baines then?

Too error prone and keen on the rash challenge, plus no real experience at this level.

so who should be picked instead of him?

Leighton Baines then?

Terry, Ferdinand, King, off the top of my head.

Leighton Baines then?

Kings played less games than dawson in the PL this season and cant manage 2 games in a week

Leighton Baines then?

Kings played less games than dawson in the PL this season and cant manage 2 games in a week

I know.

He's still twice the player Dawson is. I'd have him on the plane because he delivers in big games and we don't need him to play for 90 minutes every game.

who else then? taking king you need probably 4 CBs in your squad

Jagielka is better than Dawson imo don't know how fit he is though.

There's also Lescott but seems to have been inconsistent/injured this season.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Jagielkas only managed 9 PL games this season

Lescott 17 for whatever reason, didnt think hed been injured much, hasnt exactly shined in his past england games either

FC Twente won the dutch league today. They finished 2nd and got to the cup final in his first season there now theyve won the league for the first time in the clubs history in his second season, maybe VanClaren isn't a complete mug after all...

Don't know why people think he's a bad manager - he should have never been appointed as England coach, but he's a decent enough club manager if you ask me. Did about as much as anyone could with the Smoggies.

The Eredivisie isn't all that, which no doubt helped. Deserves his success regardless.

FC Twente won the dutch league today. They finished 2nd and got to the cup final in his first season there now theyve won the league for the first time in the clubs history in his second season, maybe VanClaren isn't a complete mug after all...

I wonder if he's still talking in that strange Dutch accent. "Yes, well, we are pleased for sure, we were wanting a big performance this season y'know...."

I wonder if he's still talking in that strange Dutch accent. "Yes, well, we are pleased for sure, we were wanting a big performance this season y'know...."

According to the clip I saw on Sky he is. :unsure::o

According to the clip I saw on Sky he is. :huh::o

The interviewer's voice is quality as well! :unsure:

According to the clip I saw on Sky he is. :huh::o

The interviewer's voice is quality as well! :unsure:

"like a fajer to the team yesh?"