Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inter deserved to go through but the officials spoilt a good game. The ref bought every trick all night. Out of his depth. He had nearly as bad a game as Ibrahimovic.

Inter deserved to go through but the officials spoilt a good game. The ref bought every trick all night. Out of his depth. He had nearly as bad a game as Ibrahimovic.

Still not sure why he is so highly rated. :razz:

Still not sure why he is so highly rated. :razz:

Curse of sima strikes again tbh

Guest Barrack Road

Ibrahimovic hasn't played well in a big game in his life, he's a mug. Same as Totti. Fantastic for Mourinho, he is THE tactical genius of our time and how close we were to getting him in 2002. I hope Inter win, they're much too good for the Italian league, and are a great side largely because there's no Italians (who are all shite all of them, especially Totti, and that pathetic De Rossi) in their side. We could beat Bayern over two legs. What was that shit Barca keeper doing with Mourinho, telling him to pipe down celebrating :razz: that's the arrogance of them, Inter go through when many think they're out, Mourinho's biggest achievement since he left Porto, and they expect him to pipe down. Fuck Barcelona, I'd love us to repeat a 1997 one day. Arrogant tools.

Ibrahimovic hasn't played well in a big game in his life, he's a mug. Same as Totti. Fantastic for Mourinho, he is THE tactical genius of our time and how close we were to getting him in 2002. I hope Inter win, they're much too good for the Italian league, and are a great side largely because there's no Italians (who are all shite all of them, especially Totti, and that pathetic De Rossi) in their side. We could beat Bayern over two legs. What was that shit Barca keeper doing with Mourinho, telling him to pipe down celebrating :razz: that's the arrogance of them, Inter go through when many think they're out, Mourinho's biggest achievement since he left Porto, and they expect him to pipe down. Fuck Barcelona, I'd love us to repeat a 1997 one day. Arrogant tools.

:D :D :D

Guest Barrack Road

Tell me one big game he's been amazing in. Just one, and don't give me any Serie A shite when he was rthere, no such thing as a big game there. Tell me a big game he's set the ground alight.

Tell me one big game he's been amazing in. Just one, and don't give me any Serie A shite when he was rthere, no such thing as a big game there. Tell me a big game he's set the ground alight.

erm, Arsenal vs. Barcelona? Italy vs. Sweden? Barcelona vs. Real Madrid?

when was the last time you watched an entire Serie A game?

Edited by SloopJohn

That would be the same Arsenal game where he missed a plethora of chances thus ensuring one of the most one-sided halves of football ever finished goalless? Righto.

he still scored two goals though right? Messi and Xavi missed good chances as well and didn't make up for it by scoring

Guest Barrack Road

He's never played well in a big game. Sweden v Italy :razz: got incredibly lucky with a flick, what else did he do? That game against Arsenal was the first time he'd even scored past English opposition in about 15 goes.

Guest Barrack Road
That would be the same Arsenal game where he missed a plethora of chances thus ensuring one of the most one-sided halves of football ever finished goalless? Righto.

Did he not put one over the bar with an empty not from about 4 yards? Oh dear.

he wasn't doing anything though, it happens dozens of times in a match, the hand out, just to check your opponent, where he is etc

not a sending off imo, and for how hard it hit him, busquets typically down like hed been shot

also, what a bloody save that was

I agree. I do this dozens of times per game when i'm playing 11-a-side. Its just holding off/feeling where the player is.

In the end the sending off shaped the game so basically the defeat was Busquets fault. Cheating prick.

Edited by Holden McGroin

he still scored two goals though right? Messi and Xavi missed good chances as well and didn't make up for it by scoring

Have to agree with Stevie it's VERY rare that big nose does anything in big games. Face like a hoover. :razz:

Agree about Mourinho, but imo he was aided and abetted by a bungling Pep last night. My big worry now is that Bayern will win it with a team full of cunts. Solidly behind Inter now.

I wanted Inter through. Purely for a more even cup final.

I was firmly behind them after Busquets cheated. He should get banned for that imo. He clearly wasnt hurt and peeked out through his hands to see what was going on.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to question his big game temperament though because he does go missing quite often when it really matters.

The usual superb breakdown of the game here :

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/04/28/bar...urinho-tactics/

As is customary when a good ‘footballing’ side struggle against a good defensive side, Barcelona were accused of having no ‘Plan B’ by the (British) commentary team. Aside from the obvious sheer hypocrisy that stems from simultaneously criticizing Barcelona in this respect whilst marvelling at their patience that proved victorious against Chelsea last season, this somewhat misses the point. In the final half hour, playing exclusively through small, quick, tricky players (a front four of Jeffren, Pedro, Messi and Bojan) was Barcelona’s plan B. Their plan A had been playing through Ibrahimovic – they’d created a good chance in the first half by simply lofting towards him in the box, where his knock-down found Pedro.

We then come back to the idea that, as proposed in the preview, Guardiola surely should have played it the other way around – the small, tricky players to start the game and wear Inter down, then Ibrahimovic to come on and provide a more direct threat late on. Certainly, when you’re withdrawing your 6′ forward for a 5′7 winger – and then shoving your 6′ centre-back upfront to compensate, you’ve probably got muddled somewhere, ignoring the sheer brilliance of Pique’s goal.

In Inverting The Pyramid, Jonathan Wilson explains how Arrigo Sacchi once demonstrated in a training session how five organised players could hold out against ten disorganised ones – taking his Milan back five of Galli, Tassotti, Costacurta, Baresi and Maldini and pitching them against the club’s best ten attacking players. The 15-minute game finished scoreless, despite the attacking talents of the likes of Gullit, van Basten, Rijkaard, Ancelotti and Donadoni. This game was a match version of that. Barcelona completed 555 passes compared to Inter’s 67, and produced the most dominant display of possession in European competition this year, 86%. And yet, for all that – how many times did they actually get the ball into serious goalscoring positions?

...awesome.