Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to criticise other clubs but I'd rather Wigan went down more than any other club. They just make up the numbers tbh, it's a rugby town.

Is there actually anything in this N'Zogbia to us rumour? On the slight chance there is, Wigan staying up wouldn't help us.

Hope they go down.

chatting with a Hammer fan and after the initial piss taking, we were saying that if we had our way, teams like Wigan, 'Boro, Blackburn, etc. wouldn't take the place of "proper football" clubs like Forest, Leeds etc. whatever you think about them, at least they've got fans who show up and support their side.

With regards to the Arsenal fans, did I hear the "official attendance" was basically indicating a full house? like 60k or something? There's no fucking way that was close to that.

Bit harsh on Blackburn that, with the population they have I think they get shockingly good crowds despite having to watch dross year in year out since Hughes left. I hope Wigan go down though, mainly because I cant stand Dave Whelan.

Hate to criticise other clubs but I'd rather Wigan went down more than any other club. They just make up the numbers tbh, it's a rugby town.

Is there actually anything in this N'Zogbia to us rumour? On the slight chance there is, Wigan staying up wouldn't help us.

Hope they go down.

chatting with a Hammer fan and after the initial piss taking, we were saying that if we had our way, teams like Wigan, 'Boro, Blackburn, etc. wouldn't take the place of "proper football" clubs like Forest, Leeds etc. whatever you think about them, at least they've got fans who show up and support their side.

With regards to the Arsenal fans, did I hear the "official attendance" was basically indicating a full house? like 60k or something? There's no fucking way that was close to that.

Bit harsh on Blackburn that, with the population they have I think they get shockingly good crowds despite having to watch dross year in year out since Hughes left. I hope Wigan go down though, mainly because I cant stand Dave Whelan.

They never fill their ground and they're not vocal, they don't travel well and they've never struck me as informed fans. If you think they've impressive crowds, have a look at Leeds, sunderland, us etc.

B'burn are shit..

Fish, you're being a fucking mong. Of course Blackburn will have smaller crowds compared to Leeds, within a radius of about 10-15 miles there is Preston North End, Burnley Accrington Stanley and Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd, Man City and Bolton are not that far away. Leeds has a whole city to itself, and has the support of North Yorkshire, who for some reason favour them over say, Barnsley or the Sheffield teams. Without Brian Clough Nottingham Forest would be as famous as Plymouth Argyle,and probably as successful. And I don't know the capacity of Sportsdirect@St. James' at the time, but Newcastle were getting average attendances of 20,000 before Hall and Keegan turned the club around, and that is less than Blackburn. So

And Blackburn Rovers were one of the founding teams of the football league, something which Leeds, Nottingham Forest or Newcastle cannot claim. If you look at the records, Blackburn did have good teams in the distant past, but the rise in form happened just in time for a world war to get in the way, twice.

The attitude of you and your friend is suitable for some glory seeking manufactured competition like the MLS, or the IPL. To intimate that you would rather relegate a team because they're not cool enough, and close off promotion to less fashionable teams makes you look like one of those American cunts who support AC Milan and Real Madrid because they're successful and they're the only teams they've heard of. And I don't know the capacity of Sportsdirect@St. James' at the time, but Newcastle were getting average attendances of 20,000 before Hall and Keegan turned the club around, and that is less than Blackburn. So should Newcastle have been turned away, or had the scorn of Tottenham, Sheffield Utd and Coventry for daring to get promoted?

What an absolutely fantastic match that was. Pratley sealed it with a goal from just inside his own half after Camp had come up for a Forest corner. Forest hit the woodwork 3 times.

Really am full of admiration for the pair of them, but more so for Swansea for their performance with 10 men in the first leg.

Think Braga are over priced at 6/1. Dont get me wrong Porto are the better team on form. But this is a cup final and their is no home or away advantage.

Cheers.

Aye, I think there's a general boycott of the game because the only way NI fans could get a ticket was if they took the official coaches down which weren't cheap.

I tried to get out of going to it by trying to cancel my tickets because of my 'security' concerns but Ticketmaster were having none of it so looks like I've no option but to go now.

Aye, I'll be leaving my colours at home. Might even be worth me parking at Malahide and getting the Dart to the ground rather than risking any attention with the northern reg plate.

interestingly i'll be at Lissywoolen for Athlone Town v Salthill Devon on Monday 30th

:rolleyes:

My mate played for Athlone last year, do you know one of the players?

Edited by Barney

Bournemouth and Huddersfiled drawing 3 each at the Galpharm, 4 each on aggregate...2 goals for Bournemouth from Steve Lovell, who's bird I read today is Amy Macdonald, who apparently has sold 3 million albums and I'd never heard of her...is she any good? :rolleyes: