Other games

Park Life

Well done Derby! Finished 1-0 and well deserved imo.

Done us a massive favour...win our two games in hand over Forest and we will be 9 points clear of them and 8 points clear of WBA presuming they win their two. (Hopefully Sheff Utd can get something at the Hawthawns).

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that Derby beat Forest today.

Vive la Hustle!

Winning our two games in hand isn't really that easy though :)

Well no but we have to think positively.

Leicester thday is stage one...and im confident.

Who is our other game in hand?

Cardiff City.

The postponed Reading away game I assume.

The postponed Reading away game I assume.

Aye thats it...tough away game...still very winnable though!

WBA would of been inspired by the Forest defeat...pushing hard now.

I've got a few players in world football I've got pet hates for some of them aren't even logical. For instance, I must've been the only toon fan who didn't like Scott Sellars style of play. Other players I just don't like or think are vastly overrated include Totti, Agbonlahor, and the main one is probably Guti. I've always thought they're doing him some sort of favour by playing him as he's so mediocre in his play so often. Tonight I have to say though, you don't see moments of class like what he's done there tonight very often. In fact the vision he displayed tonight for Real Madrid's second goal was one of the best things I've ever seen on a football pitch, I mean like ever in my life. Some of you might see it and think it wasn't that good. He's one on one with the keeper loads of pressure on him though and for no reason backheels it 8 yards hard as fuck to Benzema who then had an empty net, like the ball went backwards, the bravery skill and imagination, there's not many times you see something that makes you realise they're not just athletic robots, that tonight was just fuckin astonishing. Real playing the best I've seen them in years tonight too.

Arsenal v manutd on Sky.

No giggs or valencia starting surprisingly. Park and nani flanking Rooney.

Stuck 15quid at 16/1 on Rooney to win a penalty. I reckoned if Sol played(he isn't) that he'd run him ragged.

Arse vs Man U has just kicked off. IT IS IN 3D (just thought I'd remind you incase you somehow missed the 34628743 mentions of this fact already. Sky really are the masters of hype).

yeah that 2D is shit like... :)

Arsenal v manutd on Sky.

No giggs or valencia starting surprisingly. Park and nani flanking Rooney.

Stuck 15quid at 16/1 on Rooney to win a penalty. I reckoned if Sol played(he isn't) that he'd run him ragged.

Well yeah, that's why he isn't playing!

Egypt beat Ghana 1-0 to win their third straight ANC and their seventh total, both records. Gedo scores his sixth for Egypt in only 8 appearances, all as a sub. Despite being derided as "not good enough for the WC" they are easily the best side in Africa and continue to prove it.

I've got a few players in world football I've got pet hates for some of them aren't even logical. For instance, I must've been the only toon fan who didn't like Scott Sellars style of play. Other players I just don't like or think are vastly overrated include Totti, Agbonlahor, and the main one is probably Guti. I've always thought they're doing him some sort of favour by playing him as he's so mediocre in his play so often. Tonight I have to say though, you don't see moments of class like what he's done there tonight very often. In fact the vision he displayed tonight for Real Madrid's second goal was one of the best things I've ever seen on a football pitch, I mean like ever in my life. Some of you might see it and think it wasn't that good. He's one on one with the keeper loads of pressure on him though and for no reason backheels it 8 yards hard as fuck to Benzema who then had an empty net, like the ball went backwards, the bravery skill and imagination, there's not many times you see something that makes you realise they're not just athletic robots, that tonight was just fuckin astonishing. Real playing the best I've seen them in years tonight too.

Edited by Stevie

It's not as if he's in a bad position to have a crack himself, either.

I had a bet on Real at 5/6, and their dominance wasn't reflected in the 0-1 score, and I could sense Deportivo would get a lucky goal, as often happens, so it was a high pressure moment I was like... "goo on GOO ON, GOOOOOOO ON, shoo, what ye DEEIN YE DAFF.... OOOOOOOOOH WHAT A FUCKIN GOAL!!"

The Football Association is to investigate the mass melee at the end of Nottingham Forest's defeat to local rivals Derby on Saturday.

Players and coaching staff from both sides scuffled after an initial clash between Jay McEveley and Chris Gunter.

And Forest manager Billy Davies has accused Derby manager Nigel Clough of kneeing him in the back of the leg during the brawl.

Officials are now studying the referee's report and video evidence.

Derby won the game 1-0 after a late header from Rob Hulse.

Forest chief Davies refused to shake hands with Clough at full-time and insists the Rams boss intentionally sought to hit him.

Davies told Sky Sports: "I'll tell you what happened and you can ask Nigel Clough this, because I said to him that he was out of order when I was in the middle of the skirmish.

"He came in and kneed me in the back of the leg. I said to him that I wouldn't have minded him doing it to my face but to do it to my back was a bit cowardly and that's why I never shook his hand at the end.

"He tried to claim it was an accident but he knows as well as I know that it wasn't an accident.

"I have no doubt in my mind over what happened, hence why I never shook his hand."

Clough has declined to comment so far but is expected to give his reaction at a club press conference on Tuesday.