Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules stolen from the other site:

1. Votes will only be accepted from users registered on or before x and have more then y posts.

2. You may only vote ONCE and you may not change your vote. This goes for any gimmicks you have or anything else. (New software makes it super easy for me to find if you are a gimmick)

3. You are welcome to "stump" for the person you wish to win or slander who you wish to lose but please obey all rules of toontastic in the process.

4. Votes will ONLY be accepted between now and z.

That's why I can't just knock up a poll. If you can't see how your language could be construed by ambivalent by anyone but a halfwit, good for you. The fun of this comes from us, and others, slinging shite. Otherwise I would just ignore your posts.

Do we have to vote for one of you to be evicted or can we vote for both? :angry:

:good: Aye, I suppose we've asked for that.

Craig et al. let us know if we're allowed start the first Toontastic Survivor in General Chat. Not sure when suits, but if we're to be active in the thread, Sunday is my quiet day.

1. Votes will only be accepted from users registered on or before Sep 1 2009 and have more then 100 posts.

2. You may only vote ONCE and you may not change your vote. This goes for any gimmicks you have or anything else. (New software makes it super easy for me to find if you are a gimmick) - voting should be done by public poll so legitimate voters can be verified.

3. You are welcome to "stump" for the person you wish to win or slander who you wish to lose but please obey all rules of toontastic in the process.

4. Votes will ONLY be accepted between start of thread and 24/48hrs later?

Oh and loser/losers shall be banned from the site, never to return! :rolleyes:

Edited by to dumb

Is this going to be like the Who is a bigger cunt poll?

Oh great, that was such fun!

Well, the rules above have evolved from similar situations presumably. So 'who's the bigger cunt' done right.

Who knows, if it works out, maybe Stevie and J69 would like to be in Toontastic Survivor II? :good:

Edited by to dumb

Oh and loser/losers shall be banned from the site, never to return! :good:

:rolleyes: Like that has ever worked before.

I can guarantee if I lose, I will accept my punishment. For some reason I suspect Ant will honour it too.

On the other forum, the mods are involved, so it's enforced properly. Given that both parties agree, I see no reason the mods wouldn't be happy to enforce.

Is this going to be like the Who is a bigger cunt poll?

Oh great, that was such fun!

Well, the rules above have evolved from similar situations presumably. So 'who's the bigger cunt' done right.

Who knows, if it works out, maybe Stevie and J69 would like to be in Toontastic Survivor II? :good:

I'd prefer not to as to give the three of yous a chance :rolleyes: You know what's a feature of Newcastle's support? In fighting it has been since I was a kid, it probably goes on at lots of clubs, but it's like an epidemic at Newcastle. I've seen more fights between toon fans, than between toon fans and opposition fans, cross the Irish sea, and the geographic position makes no difference.

Ignoring this shite, Dunphy made a point about managers having the option to call for a replay on a certain passage of play, like the 3(?) challenges in tennis.

A major problem there would be on the likes of a corner, there's so much pushing and shoving in the box, you could probably pick out several infringements.

The calls for replays are getting a bit embarrassing now like. Especially the politicians jumping on the bandwagon. They should stay out it imo. Also the bloke from the FAI on the radio yesterday didn't do his chances much good. He quoted two things in particular - the Bahrain game which he claimed was a precedent, even though the circumstances were pretty different because in that match it was an incorrect enforcement of the laws of the game (i.e. giving the indirect free-kick instead of the penalty re-take). The other example he spoke of being the Hand of God. That's much more similar but the trouble is the precedent there is that the result stood :good:

Ignoring this shite, Dunphy made a point about managers having the option to call for a replay on a certain passage of play, like the 3(?) challenges in tennis.

A major problem there would be on the likes of a corner, there's so much pushing and shoving in the box, you could probably pick out several infringements.

aye they do that sort of thing in American football as well don't they? so many calls per game or something.

@Slowing up flow of the game, there's so much arsing about at freekicks and corners that argument is null and void, players standing over the ball, chasing down a ref, nothing is taken quickly now.

Goal line technology for major decisions in the box is needed imo, adding more inept officials behind the net or wherever else will never help.

American Football has a 'coaches challenge' system. I think they allowed to make up to three challenges but if they fail, they lose a time-out. If they have no time-outs left they can't challenge. The equivalent in football would have to be if your challenge failed you'd lose a substitution. No subs left, no challenge. It works well over there. I also think the coaches can't challenge in the final 2 minutes of the game (might be either half, not sure), but the umpire can choose to look at a video replay in that time if he feels the need. The NFL are much more open to making changes to the rules for the good of the game than FIFA.

The two aren't really that comparable though. Firstly American Football is stop-start by it's nature with a series of plays and multiple subs, etc. A 60 minute game lasting 3 hours + ffs. Also, how many teams does the NFL have control over compared to Fifa? It's easy to bring in technology for small number of teams in the richest country in the world but it#s not so easy to roll out the technology for football even if it was just for the top flight in each country. Another reason for the lack of tinkering is that a massive part of football's beauty is it's simplicity whereas American Football is overcomplicated bollocks with about 30 refs.

I'd love the Georgian government to wade in with a sly call for a replay because of this particular travesty. :good:

Keane used that argument. But theres a difference. Ireland werent asking for a penalty, they werent cheating, the ref just made a total fuck up

aye they do that sort of thing in American football as well don't they? so many calls per game or something.

@Slowing up flow of the game, there's so much arsing about at freekicks and corners that argument is null and void, players standing over the ball, chasing down a ref, nothing is taken quickly now.

Goal line technology for major decisions in the box is needed imo, adding more inept officials behind the net or wherever else will never help.

American Football has a 'coaches challenge' system. I think they allowed to make up to three challenges but if they fail, they lose a time-out. If they have no time-outs left they can't challenge. The equivalent in football would have to be if your challenge failed you'd lose a substitution. No subs left, no challenge. It works well over there. I also think the coaches can't challenge in the final 2 minutes of the game (might be either half, not sure), but the umpire can choose to look at a video replay in that time if he feels the need. The NFL are much more open to making changes to the rules for the good of the game than FIFA.

only been in use for a couple of years now and it isn't an exact science either as not all calls are challengeable....quite often you see the ref giving the challenge flag back too a sheepish coach b/c the call could not be questioned.

I'd love the Georgian government to wade in with a sly call for a replay because of this particular travesty. :good:

Keane used that argument. But theres a difference. Ireland werent asking for a penalty, they werent cheating, the ref just made a total fuck up

If he knew there was nothing wrong, he should still have owned up.