Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Green; Glen Johnson, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Ashley Cole; David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, Ashley Young; Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Guest Stevie

I know no one should draw importance from friendlies but I wouldn't like us to lose like we did in Spain for tonights game. No Gerrard again neither so

Jocks losing 2-0 could end up 2-2 or 6-0 such is the space they're leaving at the back with 10 men and risks they're taking, brave by Burley though. Lose and their WC dream is almost over, shame that.

Just want to chuck into the mix that we (as in the Socceroos) knocked in three past Ireland. Including two by Tim Cahill past Shay.

Woo-hoo! :mellow:

Shay didn't even move for the first one, thought he would have chucked in a pointless dive!

Great crack by Carney at the end there as well. Pim Verbeek's system is really working well.

The US lost to Mexico 2-1 at the Azteca. I fucking hate the Mexicans... :mellow:

They really do seem to run hot and cold with their results.

I don't get a chance to see them play very often, but what do you think is the cause?

Do they gel as a team?

The US lost to Mexico 2-1 at the Azteca. I fucking hate the Mexicans... :o

They really do seem to run hot and cold with their results.

I don't get a chance to see them play very often, but what do you think is the cause?

Do they gel as a team?

It is difficult to say. It should be known that Mexico's record at the Azteca is something like 22-0-1 or something along those lines so it is a difficult place to play.

I haven't seen a us field the same starting XI for a while now. There is always some different player in the roster. i.e. Baines was a player I hadn't seen too much before (fast as hell and scored our goal) but I couldn't say with any certainty that he will be on the field in the next match. The only ones I can say will definitely be in the next match will be Donovan, Onyewu, Dempsey, Bocanegra, and Howard.

I think strategy also plays a big part of our results. The manager (Brady) has the team go completely defensive after we had scored... but we had scored within the first twenty minutes... :mellow: Did something similar when we were up against Brazil.