Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye his possession football worked at Bolton for a while but like you say he looked clueless for us and the football was dire to watch. Just had a look at the West Ham squad and it's appalling he's not walking the league with that :lol: it's better than a fair few Premiership sides.

Aye his possession football worked at Bolton for a while but like you say he looked clueless for us and the football was dire to watch. Just had a look at the West Ham squad and it's appalling he's not walking the league with that :lol: it's better than a fair few Premiership sides.

Just checked and didn't realise he had the likes of Diop and Maynard. As you say, they should be pissing it and I imagine it's his titting about that's stopping it.

The 'Fat Sam for England' chants when we were getting battered by Liverpool were the highlight of his time at the club for me.

:lol: Remember when we took a 4-1 humping off Portsmouth at home and he was sat in the stands with his Tv's round him as it give him a better view or whatever and after the 2nd or 3rd flew in he had to run the gauntlet of abuse all the way down.

Aye we should have stuck with him eh, from what I remember everyone had given up trying to get rid of him and had just decided to get on with it then Ashley sacked him out the blue. Terrible manager, iirc didn't he make Duff go on a carbohydrate free diet and then had to go back on it when Duff was fucking paggered constantly.

I'll never forget the commitment and never say die attitude he drilled into the team, which was clearly illustrated in our last minute equaliser against the mighty Derby County.

Anyway, he'll soon be able to spend a bit more time at Casa St. James' if he doesn't get them up this season.

Am willing to take a bit of flack for this but talk of cancelling games in the wake of Muamba's collapse is a bit much iyam....football is "different" of course, but a work place fatality (thankfully this isn't the case with Muamba) doesn't usually mean complete closure of a company's "core" business. I understand times are different now but man utd had a team out on the pitch 10 days after the air crash at Munich in 58. You've got to get on with things. Am sure the players and management are very upset and they do have my sympathy, but life goes on...

Am willing to take a bit of flack for this but talk of cancelling games in the wake of Muamba's collapse is a bit much iyam....football is "different" of course, but a work place fatality (thankfully this isn't the case with Muamba) doesn't usually mean complete closure of a company's "core" business. I understand times are different now but man utd had a team out on the pitch 10 days after the air crash at Munich in 58. You've got to get on with things. Am sure the players and management are very upset and they do have my sympathy, but life goes on...

Cancelling the game tomorrow night was the right thing to do. After that the games should be played.

Well if they can cancel one for Princess Di...on the other hand, without wanting to continue to be pessimistic, I predict they'll be cancelling more games come next weekend.

Although having looked at the beeb Blackburn are already willing to cancel their game if Bolton aren't ready, and there is talk of them pulling out of the FA cup because it will be too traumatic for them to go back to WHL. As sad as Muamba's case is (and he's not even dead yet) I think this is taking it too far.

Well if they can cancel one for Princess Di...on the other hand, without wanting to continue to be pessimistic, I predict they'll be cancelling more games come next weekend.

Although having looked at the beeb Blackburn are already willing to cancel their game if Bolton aren't ready, and there is talk of them pulling out of the FA cup because it will be too traumatic for them to go back to WHL. As sad as Muamba's case is (and he's not even dead yet) I think this is taking it too far.

Aye, I thought this morning that if his brain has been starved of oxygen for two hours it really doesn't look good for the poor lad. Whats the best the family can expect do you think?

Aye, I thought this morning that if his brain has been starved of oxygen for two hours it really doesn't look good for the poor lad. Whats the best the family can expect do you think?

Honestly? That his relatives are screened for heart abnormalities amenable to treatment that will prevent future tragedies. I really hope I'm wrong.

If this had been a NUFC player, I'd be furious if the club pulled out of the competition.

If this had been a NUFC player, I'd be furious if the club pulled out of the competition.

I wouldn't like to be standing in the exact same place my mate died 2 weeks ago.