Kevin Nolan signs

Scottish Mag

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Princess Diana speaks out about her death

Diana is said to be peeved that she's dead, and blames... oh let's say Moe from the Simpsons.

Moe is not surprised as they never got on, neither attended birthday parties if the other was to make an appearance.

Princess Diana speaks out about her death

Diana is said to be peeved that she's dead, and blames... oh let's say Moe from the Simpsons.

Moe is not surprised as they never got on, neither attended birthday parties if the other was to make an appearance.

WE GET YOUR POINT.

well... no need to be rude :D

(I was more directing this to those who are spazzing out, numbnuts)

I appreciate that, but do you need to make the same point three times, and continue to do so after I pointed out the lack of quotes had been mentioned several times already?

What exactly are you spazzing out about fish? Because people said they hope we dont sign nolan? I think that is quite an understandable opinion, and as i pointed out, the story is far from far fetched as Big Sam was championing him for england not so long ago.

Please let this rumour be true !

The rumours that surround the transfer window are seriously irritating. They usually involve your favourite players being linked with other clubs. Just occasionally they give you hope and this is the case with Kevin Nolan. It`s been reported over the weekend that Sam Allardyce is set to make a bid for the midfield chubster.

Opinions on Nolan are divided. Some fans have been laying wreaths at the door of the De Vere Whites Hotel, to commemorate his hostile treatment from large sections of the crowd in last week`s game against Derby. Others have offered to drive him to Tyneside, which presumably explains this morning`s traffic jam at the Reebok.

We`re firmly in the driver camp. Nolan can`t pass or tackle and spends most of the time loitering on the six yard line, tripping over the ball when given chances that a five-year old would put away. His absence from the midfield position that he`s supposed to occupy has been a major weakness in Bolton`s play for at least a year. He sounds like just the man for Newcastle.

It's the "OMG I CANT BELIEVE WE'RE SIGNING NOLAN, ALLARDYCE IS RETARDED" nonsense, that's annoying me. It's just a way for the "fans" to have another moan and frankly it's worthy of ridicule.

it's a lazy article, there are no quotes, they're just finding unsettled player (A) and matching it with ex-manager (:D they've done it with Ben Haim, Anelka, Diouff, Jaaskelainen off the top of my head.

but let's not let that get in the way of yet another moan, shall we?

It's the "OMG I CANT BELIEVE WE'RE SIGNING NOLAN, ALLARDYCE IS RETARDED" nonsense, that's annoying me. It's just a way for the "fans" to have another moan and frankly it's worthy of ridicule.

it's a lazy article, there are no quotes, they're just finding unsettled player (A) and matching it with ex-manager (:D they've done it with Ben Haim, Anelka, Diouff, Jaaskelainen off the top of my head.

Problem is Dave, deep down you know there is more than just a passing possibility that it is true. <_<

Problem is Dave, deep down you know there is more than just a passing possibility that it is true. <_<

Nobody knows that. That's another assumption based on the fact that Allardyce once worked with him.

I'd be very surprised if we got Nolan, I certainly don't think he's the type of player Sam would be tracking at this point in time.

Nobody knows that. That's another assumption based on the fact that Allardyce once worked with him.

I'd be very surprised if we got Nolan, I certainly don't think he's the type of player Sam would be tracking at this point in time.

you'd hope! I just think its lazy journalism imo

you'd hope! I just think its lazy journalism imo

To me it looks like a complete non-story to fill a few column inches. I can only imagine us buying an attacking midfielder since that's widely identified as what we need. Even BSA and his ProZone should be able to see that.

To me it looks like a complete non-story to fill a few column inches. I can only imagine us buying an attacking midfielder since that's widely identified as what we need. Even BSA and his ProZone should be able to see that.

You would hope.

sammy, seriously I know you're not happy with Sam, that's fine and dandy.

But please objectively look at this whole thing, it's absurd. You know full well that there not one scrap of evidence pointing to his signing. No matter how much you dislike Sam Allardyce you must see that with a central midfield of Barton, Butt, Smith (apparently) and even Faye or Rozenhal able to play in that defensive position, you must see that Allardyce knows he has enough disruptors in midfield.

you're reacting like this because you're frustrated with the managers performance so far. I don't believe for one second that, once you step back from that argument, you think this transfer is likely.

sammy, seriously I know you're not happy with Sam, that's fine and dandy.

But please objectively look at this whole thing, it's absurd. You know full well that there not one scrap of evidence pointing to his signing. No matter how much you dislike Sam Allardyce you must see that with a central midfield of Barton, Butt, Smith (apparently) and even Faye or Rozenhal able to play in that defensive position, you must see that Allardyce knows he has enough disruptors in midfield.

you're reacting like this because you're frustrated with the managers performance so far. I don't believe for one second that, once you step back from that argument, you think this transfer is likely.

You are correct to some degree Dave but at the same time I'm also a believer in there is no smoke without fire.

We all know he has tried, successfully with Faye, unsuccessfully with Anelka, Ben Haim (twice now) and yet to decide Doiuf to recruit them from Bolton.

Nolan was his captain and played as the left side of his front three so it's not outside the possibility that he would go after him.

He also fits Allardyce's main requirement for a player, he's tall and solid and no doubt is cheap, so it's not unreasonable to accept it is more than a rumour.