:nufc:

I've heard this phrase it's hilarious!

I like it actually, along with:

Get used with it

and

Have a bit sit!

:o

47906[/snapback]

oh aye, knocks my socks off... almost as much as yorkshiremen merrily calling eachother "love"....

or cockneys with their desire to say "innit" all the fucking time.

you really are a superior son of a bitch aren't you?

:(

You can just feel the love and warmth! :(

Anybody want some? Ladies first, naturally (love and warmth, that is. Asking if anyone 'wants some' is not used in the modern way of offering anyone outside for a fight! I'm a lover not a fighter :nufc: )

Geordies politest people in Britain. FACT!

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13452397,00.html ://http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/...452397,00.html ://http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/...452397,00.html

IS MR RUDE A BRUMMIE?

Brummies are the rudest people in Britain, a survey has revealed.

And contrary to their aggressive image, Geordies are the politest, closely followed by Scousers.

Researchers went undercover to measure the civility of residents in eight cities around the country, subjecting them to a series of "courtesy tests".

They checked whether shop assistants said please and thank you, and whether people going into public buildings held the door for those behind them.

Drivers were observed to see if they thanked those who let them into rush-hour traffic from side roads, while passers by were assessed for their willingness to stop and help someone who had dropped their shopping.

The research for Readers Digest magazine found that Britons overall were polite 59% of the time, but that in Newcastle the figure was 77%.

Liverpool came second with 70%, while Birmingham came bottom with residents managing common courtesy on just 43% of occasions.

The other cities tested were Exeter, Cardiff, London, Southampton and Edinburgh.

The north emerged as politer than the south in the tests , each of which was carried out ten times in each city.

:nufc:

47814[/snapback]

well im sorry but any survey taking into account the people of Exeter is not going to compare favourably with anywhere else! :o:(

FIX!!!

They should have tested Torquay :o A much more politer, friendly place :o

From a neutral perspective, as a foreigner who's lived in England I found the Northerners generally, to be noticeably more polite than the Southerners.

The UK and Ireland both fall way short of mainland Europe, though, in my experience. I've also noticed that civility seems to be inversely proportional to sense of humour in most places, your North/South divide bucks that trend. :nufc:

oh aye, knocks my socks off... almost as much as yorkshiremen merrily calling eachother "love"....

or cockneys with their desire to say "innit" all the fucking time.

you really are a superior son of a bitch aren't you?

:(

48160[/snapback]

Are you still on the blob? :nufc:

I have to say whenever ive come up to Newcastle i have always found everyone to be polite, helpful and friendly.

48179[/snapback]

Is that because they take out all their misery on message boards and then walk out the front door with a happy face?

I have to say whenever ive come up to Newcastle i have always found everyone to be polite, helpful and friendly.

48179[/snapback]

Is that because they take out all their misery on message boards and then walk out the front door with a happy face?

48180[/snapback]

possibly :nufc:

Though i rekon if i came up now there would be a few more miserable faces than usual :(

48179[/snapback]

People are friendly everywhere :(

However, some places have an aversion to certain people.

French people are probably not much liked in America at the moment.

A lot of Scots don't like English people.

It just happens that a lot of people up here don't like Southerners. That's a fact.

Unfortunately like racist "jokes" the "trusty get out of jail card" is that it's only a bit of fun.

I don't mind if someone doesn't like me because they think I'm a twat, but I don't want someone to dislike me because I'm from a particular place. :o:nufc:

Most people here realise what I meant now and have proved themselves to be absolutely sound as a pound :o

If I am being completely honest here, I've found Southampton a friendlier place than Newcastle.

48170[/snapback]

But you've not exactly spent a comparable amount of time in Newcastle as you have in Southampton. :nufc:

"French people are probably not much liked in America at the moment."

Propaganda campaign may have something to do with that, they also have an aversion to foreigners and niggers.

"A lot of Scots don't like English people."

Years of oppression. You get a lot of the same thing in Ireland, I'm just lucky enough to realise that you're not Maggie Thatcher and I didn't do anything clever to be born where I was born.

"It just happens that a lot of people up here don't like Southerners. That's a fact."

See above, there's alot of similarities.

"Unfortunately like racist "jokes" the "trusty get out of jail card" is that it's only a bit of fun."

You remind me of an inquisitive child. Obviously reasonably intelligent but naive as anything. When you grow up you'll realise that life's a little more complex than you're currently seeing it. If you really want to know about something, read a book (and I don't mean bloody Dan Brown), don't search for the answers to life on a football forum.

Without this kind of stuff there'd be no Bill Hicks or anything like him, he was no racist but it was the fuel for his fire. Do you want 'Brave New World', because that's probably the only alternative. Not totally awful, but is it really any better?

"French people are probably not much liked in America at the moment."

Propaganda campaign may have something to do with that, they also have an aversion to foreigners and niggers.

"A lot of Scots don't like English people."

Years of oppression.  You get a lot of the same thing in Ireland, I'm just lucky enough to realise that you're not Maggie Thatcher and I didn't do anything clever to be born where I was born.

"It just happens that a lot of people up here don't like Southerners. That's a fact."

See above, there's alot of similarities.

"Unfortunately like racist "jokes" the "trusty get out of jail card" is that it's only a bit of fun."

You remind me of an inquisitive child.  Obviously reasonably intelligent but naive as anything.  When you grow up you'll realise that life's a little more complex than you're currently seeing it.  If you really want to know about something, read a book (and I don't mean bloody Dan Brown), don't search for the answers to life on a football forum.

Without this kind of stuff there'd be no Bill Hicks or anything like him, he was no racist but it was the fuel for his fire.  Do you want 'Brave New World', because that's probably the only alternative.  Not totally awful, but is it really any better?

48187[/snapback]

Thankyou for teaching me the things I needed to learn.

*scratches arse*