Shoutcast internet radio

peasepud

used it in the past for DJ shows

fairly straight forward, what you need to know mate?

Just basic stuff, I havent had time to read up on it yet but a list of whats needed, things to look out for that sort of thing.

Im assuming all I need hardware wise is a PC and mic.

Do I need to use Winamp or are there better progs out there?

it's easier to use Winamp as there is a shoutcast pluggin

once you enabled the plugin, it's a peice of piss, play a song by loading it in Winamp, click the talk button to speak you'll manage. Once you've read the docs, you'll see how easy it is

You can use other devices via the line in on your sound card but you probably wont need that

it's easier to use Winamp as there is a shoutcast pluggin

once you enabled the plugin, it's a peice of piss, play a song by loading it in Winamp, click the talk button to speak you'll manage. Once you've read the docs, you'll see how easy it is

You can use other devices via the line in on your sound card but you probably wont need that

Basically I want to broadcast 2 hours of live talking from a large room, theres a PA system there and Im wondering if I can tap into that otherwise one or two mics strategically placed.

The mixing desk should have some sort of optical out, that you could put straight in to a line in or mic input on a sound card of a laptop.

You might need a few mics around the place to pick up audience questions if someome is gonig to be answering these.

You got any idea on what equipment your going to have available to you? Is this for the supporters club meeting thing?