Transfer window swings a JAR?

khay

Remember the Luque highlights clip? :icon_lol:

JAR is passed his best, Enrique is 22 and improving - he has 6 years to score a handful of goals in order to get his own highlights reel :angry:

I'm not against bringing JAR here, but only if it doesn't result in Enrique leaving. Enrique is a better defender than most of you give him credit for, and is surprisingly quick. Riise is definitely better at getting forward, but at a club like Newcastle where we can't boss the midfield most of the time it's more important that our left back can defend IMHO.

In our current state Id rip Romas hands off for Riise. Knows the league, better then Enrique and scores goals. Im not sure who people are expecting us to sign this January!

A LB who can defend?

In our current state Id rip Romas hands off for Riise. Knows the league, better then Enrique and scores goals. Im not sure who people are expecting us to sign this January!

I don't think he is a better defender than Enrique and if we are looking at someone who used to smash the ball in from 30 yards ever now and then lets re-sign Robert.

John Arne Riise’s dismal Roma spell could be over already after Newcastle United lined up a £6m offer.

The defender has been a disaster since joining from Liverpool in the summer and was recently voted one of the worst transfers of the season in Serie A.

Unpopular with supporters and derided by critics, the Norwegian has looked off the pace and in poor form.

This is why news of an interest from Newcastle is likely to be received very well within the Giallorossi camp.

The Daily Mirror reports today that the Magpies are eager to take Riise on loan with a £6m permanent deal to follow at the end of the season.

It would be a good bargain for the 28-year-old, as Roma paid £4m for him just six months ago.

I would be quite happy with a deal like this, I Just would not sign him at the end of the season. Clubs do these kinds of deals all the time and then pull out them when the option comes round much like Viana at Lison, D'Allesandro at Pompey etc. It would give us extra cover down the left and give us the extra time to find someone who we can sign at the end of the season meaning we won't be ripped off for silly money like City have been with Wayne Bridge.

Its even more money for a shit LB ie, Enrique.

Im not sure who you lot have been watching to suddenly think Enrique is turning out to be ok. Ive never seen a worse passer of the ball, the amount of times Coloccini or another player has to bail him out cos hes just played a 3 yard pass to the other team is horrendous.

Im not sure who you lot have been watching to suddenly think Enrique is turning out to be ok. Ive never seen a worse passer of the ball, the amount of times Coloccini or another player has to bail him out cos hes just played a 3 yard pass to the other team is horrendous.

He's a young lad finding his feet in the league. He's not had half the regular football and he still fucks up less than Taylor IYAM.

Another assist on Saturday too.

He's a young lad finding his feet in the league. He's not had half the regular football and he still fucks up less than Taylor IYAM.

Another assist on Saturday too.

Totally agree. He's not perfect and he's had a fair amount of time out recently but I don't think he's quite the liability some people make out.

He had good and bad spells last season (his first in the EPL remember) and he is only young. We seem to expect foreigners to fit from day one and it's a lot to expect for someone who doesn't even arrive speaking the native language. Couple this with the fact we've been shite since before he joined he's not exactly had the time to settle and adjust. We need him to be perfect all the time because of our other onfield problems but that's a bit much to ask IMO. Similar for Colo I think too.

Beye has settled much quicker, but then he is a bit older and more experienced.

I don't think he is a better defender than Enrique and if we are looking at someone who used to smash the ball in from 30 yards ever now and then lets re-sign Robert.

joni mitchell-big yellow taxi :icon_lol: