UFO claim over wind farm damage

Guest alex

UFO researchers are claiming damage to a Lincolnshire wind farm turbine was caused by a mystery aircraft.

The turbine at Conisholme lost one 66ft (20m) blade and had another badly damaged in the early hours of Sunday.

Local ufologists said they had received many reports of activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

Ecotricity, which owns the site, said while investigations continued they were not ruling anything out - but the extent of damage was "unique".

The turbine is one of 20 at the Conisholme site, which has been running for three years. The broken blade has been recovered and is being examined.

Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, said the company was keeping an open mind about the incident.

"We don't have an explanation at the moment as to what the cause was," he said.

"We have been crawling all over it and have sent bits off for analysis to see if we can work out what caused it

"Until we have some idea, some plausible explanation that it was not a UFO, I don't think we should rule it out".

He added: "To make one of these blades fall off, or to bend it, takes a lot."

Russ Kellett, from the Flying Saucer Bureau, said witnesses had told him of activity in the area.

"One saw what they at first thought was a low-flying aircraft on the Saturday evening and another heard a loud banging in the early hours of Sunday," he said.

"This is the second most reports of activity we have ever had - I have had over 30 phone calls and emails.

"To hit two of the blades, any object must have been about 170ft long."

The Ministry of Defence said it was not looking into the incident.

A spokesman said: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity.

"Unless there's evidence of a potential threat, there's no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported."

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/engl...ire/7817378.stm

Love this bit like: "To hit two of the blades, any object must have been about 170ft long."

What a load of shit that is, how does he work that out?

They travel distances beyond imagining, navigating their way past stars, planets and black holes....... and they crash into a wind turbine. ;)

The 170' bit is quite good though, as it's a bit like that elephant/crash car advert, the force of something with the mass of an elephant moving at the speed of of a snail. B)

They travel distances beyond imagining, navigating their way past stars, planets and black holes....... and they crash into a wind turbine. B)

The 170' bit is quite good though, as it's a bit like that elephant/crash car advert, the force of something with the mass of an elephant moving at the speed of of a snail. :icon_lol:

Probably a meteorite. It still wouldn't have to be 170 foot wide mind ;) Wtf is he talking about? The 3 blades converge at a single point.

They travel distances beyond imagining, navigating their way past stars, planets and black holes....... and they crash into a wind turbine. B)

The 170' bit is quite good though, as it's a bit like that elephant/crash car advert, the force of something with the mass of an elephant moving at the speed of of a snail. :icon_lol:

Probably a meteorite. It still wouldn't have to be 170 foot wide mind ;) Wtf is he talking about? The 3 blades converge at a single point.

Surely they'd have found the meteorite?

I'd assumed it was one of those ones out at sea, not sure if it is or not. I'm guessing there'll be a fairly dull explanation anyway.

I think it must be something to do with the speed the blades turn, but that's assuming it was one object (and not just some sort of mechanical failure etc.) and it assumes a certain speed for the object I guess...... or basically bollocks (like the elephant/car crash ad).

They travel distances beyond imagining, navigating their way past stars, planets and black holes....... and they crash into a wind turbine. ;)

Mr Alien probably let his wife drive.

I wondered if maybe one blade came loose and then somehow hit the other on the way to the ground, of course the thing that the company will not want to admit is that their blades can come randomly flying off like that.

On t'radio yesterday there was a guy from the company that insures wind turbines and that's exactly what he reckoned had happened

Few extra bits on the beeb story now:

County councillor for the area Robert Palmer said he had seen a "round, white light that seemed to be hovering".

Local ufologists said they had received many reports of activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

Mr Palmer said: "I actually saw a white light - a round, white light that seemed to be hovering.

"That is the only way I can explain it - it wasn't a flare-like light - it was just round, white light with a slight red edge to it that seemed to be over the wind turbines."

Russ Kellett, from the Flying Saucer Bureau, said witnesses had told him of activity in the area.

"One saw what they at first thought was a low-flying aircraft on the Saturday evening and another heard a loud banging in the early hours of Sunday," he said.

;)

Few extra bits on the beeb story now:
County councillor for the area Robert Palmer said he had seen a "round, white light that seemed to be hovering".

Mr Palmer said: "I actually saw a white light - a round, white light that seemed to be hovering.

"That is the only way I can explain it - it wasn't a flare-like light - it was just round, white light with a slight red edge to it that seemed to be over the wind turbines."

;)

What makes these weird UFO spotters think that a UFO would be lit up as one light? Surely any craft would be made of some sort of solid material, probably a metal - why would the whole thing be glowing? These things might have the odd light or two like any terrestrial aircraft but I can't imagine that they'd be one big light if they actually existed...

... I think I've thought about that too much.