Wearside Jack

Renton

Loss of freedom is, yes.

109717[/snapback]

Loss of freedom is nowt, have you never seen Porridge? He'll end up with his own half of a chess board, a snout racket and will freely abuse poor Mr. Barrowclough.

If only the warders were all made of sterner stuff, like Mr. Mackay, it might be like punishment, but as long as he's running kangaroo courts to find out who stole the tin of preserved fruit, then life will be sweet.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loss of freedom is, yes.

109717[/snapback]

Loss of freedom is nowt, have you never seen Porridge? He'll end up with his own half of a chess board, a snout racket and will freely abuse poor Mr. Barrowclough.

If only the warders were all made of sterner stuff, like Mr. Mackay, it might be like punishment, but as long as he's running kangaroo courts to find out who stole the tin of preserved fruit, then life will be sweet.

109737[/snapback]

Good point. :lol:

Humble doesn't care about games.  He'll be happy as long as he can watch The Golden Girls.

109754[/snapback]

Knocking one off over Dorothy? Now that is sick.

so we bang up an old alcoholic mackem for 5 years - 25 years after his "crime"

We finish up paying for him (and no doubt he'll switch to drugs) and he fills a cell that should be used for the violent......

Beats me, it honestly does

109544[/snapback]

Why would he switch to drugs, Rob? That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it?

He deserves to be locked up. Women were brutally murdered as a result of his actions

109574[/snapback]

Drugs - because british jails are full of them - and I wonder who brings them in - surely not any bent prison officers?

People were murdered because of the actions of Sutcliffe - the police are just as "guilty" - there were quite a few glaring errors in the way they handled the investigation

So if I commit a crime, any crime, and I'm unlikely to reoffend or need rehabilitation, I should be let off scot free then? Regardless of the consequences of my crime?

Or is that only if I'm not caught for 25 years, thus proving I'm unlikely to reoffend?

109697[/snapback]

That's what the law generally provides for - ?7? years for anything other than murder or treason I think and you are off

Some kid rapes 4 girls and gets 4 years

Wearside alky gets 8 for this hoax

Do you think that is correct???

109981[/snapback]

Not at all, the sentences for rape are a joke. That doesn't mean Wearside Jack shouldn't do time. Completely different issue.

Some kid rapes 4 girls and gets 4 years

Wearside alky gets 8 for this hoax

Do you think that is correct???

109981[/snapback]

Ffs, what type of argument is that? :lol:

The answer you're looking for is no.

so we bang up an old alcoholic mackem for 5 years - 25 years after his "crime"

We finish up paying for him (and no doubt he'll switch to drugs) and he fills a cell that should be used for the violent......

Beats me, it honestly does

109544[/snapback]

Why would he switch to drugs, Rob? That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it?

He deserves to be locked up. Women were brutally murdered as a result of his actions

109574[/snapback]

Drugs - because british jails are full of them - and I wonder who brings them in - surely not any bent prison officers?

People were murdered because of the actions of Sutcliffe - the police are just as "guilty" - there were quite a few glaring errors in the way they handled the investigation

109978[/snapback]

Nice you are comparing the Police, who may have made mistakes in the case, to a man who deliberately tried to derail it for his own ego. Also nice use of the inverted commas, once again inferring Humble is not guilty of anything.

Jesus wept Rob. Get a grip.

well i watched it and what a complete hash of everything the police made!! Still, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But why did they keep calling Jack a geordie all the way through? :)

In the eyes of TV people there are only Scots, Welsh, Geordies, Scallies, Geoffrey Boycott, Brumies and Tractor Boys outside Lahdndahn

111219[/snapback]

In the eyes of Northerners, all Londoners are cockneys though. I wouldn't expect a Southerner to tell the difference between a Geordie and a Mackem tbh - even here there is confusion on the exact definitions.