Baffled yet again by Kinnearism

stevietoon

Sounds just like the last 5 or so managers that we've had. Always start off talking about how we'll need to bring in 4 or 5 players. Then a few weeks later when noone has signed that number drops to 3 or 4. Then they start talking about how they're in negotiations for a few players and the number drops to 2 or 3. Then they start talking about how difficult it is to finalise the transfers that they are working on. Suddenyl it's the final week of the transfer window, a few panic buys ensue.

from todays chronicle; Kinnear -"the transfer window is not the ideal time to recruit"

well thats a new one on me; any ideas when is a good time to recruit ?

If he specifically meant January, then I agree with him.

from todays chronicle; Kinnear -"the transfer window is not the ideal time to recruit"

If he specifically meant January, then I agree with him.

He did. But nonetheless it is critical that we recruit if we want to preserve our top flight status. Therefore this transfer window IS the ideal time to recruit.

Sounds just like the last 5 or so managers that we've had. Always start off talking about how we'll need to bring in 4 or 5 players. Then a few weeks later when noone has signed that number drops to 3 or 4. Then they start talking about how they're in negotiations for a few players and the number drops to 2 or 3. Then they start talking about how difficult it is to finalise the transfers that they are working on. Suddenyl it's the final week of the transfer window, a few panic buys ensue.

Spot on. It's like Groundhog day every time a transfer window comes up. Other clubs manage just fine, why can't we?

"We're not going to get anyone in" (at least not from anything above Championship level), perhaps?

It might'nt be ideal but its a damn sight better than when the window is closed!

If you're willing to spend money then you'll be able to get at least a couple of decent players in, obviously its hard to get exactly what you want but in our case, it would be very easy to improve on our team and also the size of the squad means just getting more players in is vital, even if they weren't much of an improvement!