Haynes Dead

Rob W

The first £ 100 a week footballer - i saw him play a few times - he was worth the entrance money on his own

A real commanding figure - an earlier Bobby Moore - he "read" the game like a book...........

The first £ 100 a week footballer - i saw him play a few times - he was worth the entrance money on his own

A real commanding figure - an earlier Bobby Moore - he "read" the game like a book...........

47199[/snapback]

Firstly, fuck your old Rob.

Second, it is sad when such an important figure in the game dies.

Here last year probably the most important player Australia has ever seen, Johnny Warren, died from cancer. The guy gave more back to the game than he ever took and it sort of hits deep when it happens.

"Firstly, fuck your old Rob."

I beg your pardon?

is that some stange Antipodean phrase I am not aware of?????????

Baffled

EDIT

Ahhh - I forgot - punctuation never made it there

"Fuck, you're old, Rob"

This is very very true my friend - I also saw Stanley Mathhews in his last years as well.........

Edited by Rob W

I beg your pardon?

Baffled

EDIT

"Fuck, you're old, Rob" 

This is very very true my friend - I also saw Stanley Mathhews in his last years as well.........

47238[/snapback]

Me Dad saw Matthews play when he was 49. He said he just stood wide-right and knocked the ball in, like a right-footed Robert if you like :crylaughin:

He still knocked in a good cross by all accounts.

When he was over 50 i saw him at SJP - got into the left hand gallowgate corner (and man he looked OLD) with two players watching him. He paused, looked down, hunched over the ball and sort of shimmered - they both went one way and he was off with an inch perfect cross

God alone knows what he was like in his prime - and you got noprotection from the ref then either

I beg your pardon?

Baffled

EDIT

"Fuck, you're old, Rob"  

47238[/snapback]

Sorry Rob, you're correct.

For your information I do understand the difference between how old you are and that you, yourself just feels so old.

It was just one of those slip of the finger typos, you know the one you're occasionally prone to as well.

I can even mix there up for you if you like.

When I was in England last, speaking English, I was told that sometimes over there, there are people that don't speak English because it's not their language and they're often misunderstood and then there are those that speak American!

Edited by sammynb

Is it the start of a special offer? Trade in your old Rob and we'll send you this new Rob MKII for half price.

My dad's got a book where Malcolm MacDonald said he was a bit of a a**ehole. When he was an apprentice at Fulham, Haynes used to have a swagger that he was better than everybody else and the Fulham YTS' couldn't stand him. Also, he's one of the reasons Milburn never won as many England caps. There used to be a click involving him, BIlly Wright, Stan Matthews and a few others, and basically if you weren't in that group (and Milburn wasn't), you didn't play for England.

My dad's got a book where Malcolm MacDonald said he was a bit of a a**ehole. When he was an apprentice at Fulham, Haynes used to have a swagger that he was better than everybody else and the Fulham YTS' couldn't stand him. Also, he's one of the reasons Milburn never won as many England caps. There used to be a click involving him, BIlly Wright, Stan Matthews and a few others, and basically if you weren't in that group (and Milburn wasn't), you didn't play for England.

47585[/snapback]

I think that's in Super Mac's autobiography. Haynes was MacDonalds idol when he was a kid but when he got to meet (and eventually play alongside him) he found him aloof.

Is it the start of a special offer? Trade in your old Rob and we'll send you this new Rob MKII for half price.

47558[/snapback]

hey!!

You bastard - you've outsourced me to China...............