Kinnear hopes to have £16m war chest

Snake

Peasepud's pants=code brown

'But he was not so confident on the subject of transfer funds, admitting that the vast majority of his budget will come from players being sold during January.

Kinnear has identified three of his squad who he hopes will generate around £16m to go towards the five new additions that he feels Newcastle require to stay competitive in the Premier League.'

:icon_lol:

Tell you what mind the copywriter at the Journal needs shot to shit.

On another unsettling day at St James’s Park, Kinnear offered a bullish response to the statement released by Given’s lawyer Michael Kennedy – which revealed the goalkeeper is considering his position at the club – and said that he was “certain” the Irishman would remain at United.

Thats the worst spelling of bullshit Ive ever seen. :icon_lol:

'But he was not so confident on the subject of transfer funds, admitting that the vast majority of his budget will come from players being sold during January.

Kinnear has identified three of his squad who he hopes will generate around £16m to go towards the five new additions that he feels Newcastle require to stay competitive in the Premier League.'

I didnt actually click on the link, but that would make a lot more sense. We're fooked!

"war chest" :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

£16m for 3 of our 'lesser' players ???? Is he 'aving a larf ?

After the 'top 6' rubbish and now this I'm fairly sure that Ashley is now deliberately taking the piss

"war chest" :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

£16m for 3 of our 'lesser' players ???? Is he 'aving a larf ?

After the 'top 6' rubbish and now this I'm fairly sure that Ashley is now deliberately taking the piss

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

There are so many quotes flying around - most of which have been distorted by the journalists concerned - that I genuinely don't know what to think anymore - suppose a part of me still hopes Ashley is goin to make things right but the longer his tenure lasts the less i think it will - at least when shepherd was here you knew he was a genuine fan who wanted the best for the club (even though he was a hamfisted buffoon) with Ashley I am not so sure

what does 16 million get you? not much in terms of world class players. not that they'd ever look at coming to us. god its so depressing.

If it is £16m then that's what?

The £12m unspent from Milner and £4m from Given? :icon_lol:

So even worse then.

Milners £12m has disappeared and we're going to sell 3 current players (Given, Owen and Martins?) to replace them with 5 low wage Championship players. :icon_lol:

what does 16 million get you?

In terms of what we need absolutely fuck all.

For us it's simply not viable to rely on a sell/replace method, we need to bolster the squad with quality whilst building up the numbers.

Losing 3 top players and signing five players at an average cost of £3.2 million, to 'stay competitive' when we currently are not competitive. Hmm.

Unless they do some spectacular dealing (better than so far) then these set of cunts are either totally deluded, complete morons or royally taking the piss. Possibly a mixture of all three.

Roll on Feb 2nd.

Edited by trophyshy

Losing 3 top players and signing five players at an average cost of £3.2 million, to 'stay competitive' when we currently are not competitive. Hmm.

Unless they do some spectacular dealing (better than so far) then these set of cunts are either totally deluded, complete morons or royally taking the piss. Possibly a mixture of all three.

Roll on Feb 2nd.

Competitive for the inevitable Championship, strip the assets, quietly remove the cash (Milner) and hope you can sell the remaining bits on.

what does 16 million get you? not much in terms of world class players. not that they'd ever look at coming to us. god its so depressing.

If it is £16m then that's what?

The £12m unspent from Milner and £4m from Given? :icon_lol:

Did you read the article?

calling a 16m kitty a warchest is just depressing

It's not even that, it's going to be raised from player sales. :icon_lol:

As it stands it should be £12m (from Milner) + whatever else the club has managed to raise in the last few months (I just don't accept the club is running at a loss or even revenue neutral - we've got an overly high wage bill, but without debt [:icon_lol:] we should be doing fine) + anything generated by sales.

As far as I can see the only three players that he could be talking about are:

Xisco - 5 million back to Spain

Enrique - 5 million back to Spain

N'Zogbia - 6 million to England or France

Fuck knows.. who gives a shit :L

.. and ye charliee wont bee going back to france.. he'll have the remainder of his career in englandd i thinks :(

get rid of owen.

shit now.. liable to injury,, off form bringg in emile mpenza from plymouth :)

Fuck knows.. who gives a shit :L

.. and ye charliee wont bee going back to france.. he'll have the remainder of his career in englandd i thinks :(

get rid of owen.

shit now.. liable to injury,, off form bringg in emile mpenza from plymouth :)

Ayeee, wayyy toooo gooo, Looizzzzzzz

EDIT: btw, where is Plymouthh (Y) ???

Edited by snakehips