Retro sweets

Guest alex

Does anyone else remember Glee bars? Or Applause?

47083[/snapback]

I remember them like a slice of sponge cake, very nice. While were on the subject of all things old can anyone remember a kids programme called 'Tim Tyler, the boy who lost his laugh'. It was a very badly dubbed german programme and the plot was about a boy who had his laugh stolen by a baddie called the baron.

No one seems to remember it and i'm now starting to think i've made it all up in my tiny mind.

:crylaughin:

47110[/snapback]

That was the ones.

Also, on kids tv I can remember watching a cartoon in the school holidays called The Laugh Olympics. All the Hannah-Barbera characters competed against each other. No one else seems to remember this and my mates think I am making it up.

anyone know if they still do frosties them wee hard sweets i think they came in cola and fruit flavour i canne find them anywere

47129[/snapback]

I remember them, bargain at only 10p. Haven't seen them for a good few years.

http://www.theoldvillageshop.co.uk/product.asp?id=89

Kola and fruit frosties here

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Does anyone else remember Glee bars? Or Applause?

47083[/snapback]

I remember them like a slice of sponge cake, very nice. While were on the subject of all things old can anyone remember a kids programme called 'Tim Tyler, the boy who lost his laugh'. It was a very badly dubbed german programme and the plot was about a boy who had his laugh stolen by a baddie called the baron.

No one seems to remember it and i'm now starting to think i've made it all up in my tiny mind.

47110[/snapback]

That was the ones.

Also, on kids tv I can remember watching a cartoon in the school holidays called The Laugh Olympics. All the Hannah-Barbera characters competed against each other. No one else seems to remember this and my mates think I am making it up.

47124[/snapback]

That does ring a bell. Don't think it was on too often though. Some shows were repeated every lot of holidays but that one wasn't.

That was the ones.

47124[/snapback]

I remember 'Laugh Olympics'. The reason people may not remember it is because (I think) it was a one-off feature length cartoon.

HAVE all these sweets got smaller or is it just that we've got bigger hands?  :crylaughin:

47188[/snapback]

Jeremy Beadle has a little knob, but on the other hand it's quite big.

HA! I knew I hadn't imagined it:

Clicky

If you like old cartoons, this one is is perfect for you. It features mostly all of the Hanna-Barbera characters in an "Olympic" style setting. There are 3 teams: The Yogi Bear's, the Scooby Dooby's, and the Really Rottons. Each episode, the individual teams try to win enough events to get the gold metal. The Really Rottons hardly ever win, because they mainly resort to cheating. If you like old Hanna-Barbera cartoons, check this one out. I think it may still be playing on Cartoon Network.

Curse those Really Rottons!

anyone remember those bigs of fish and chips? potato snack things which tasted of, well i suppose fish and chips i guess.

Also the sour white chocolate fish and chips where the chips were the same size as the fish? Hmm I could just eat one of those now :crylaughin:

and what about that stuff that use to be like rolling tobacco made out of shredded licqourice or something. forgotten its name though

I remember them like a slice of sponge cake, very nice.  While were on the subject of all things old can anyone remember a kids programme called 'Tim Tyler, the boy who lost his laugh'. It was a very badly dubbed german programme and the plot was about a boy who had his laugh stolen by a baddie called the baron.

47110[/snapback]

I remember that programme. It was all really badly dubbed, especially the laughing itself.