Retro sweets

Guest alex

This is more old skool than my exposing Blaydon's various pseudonyms. http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

You can even buy Texan Bars!

47010[/snapback]

yeah, you can buy them in your local newsagent as well, they've just brought em back out. Havent had one yet, scared to in case it ruins the nostalgia.

47011[/snapback]

Fucking beltah!

This is more old skool than my exposing Blaydon's various pseudonyms. http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

47010[/snapback]

yeah, you can buy them in your local newsagent as well, they've just brought em back out. Havent had one yet, scared to in case it ruins the nostalgia.

47011[/snapback]

I'm more scared of losing my fillings. Again.

47010[/snapback]

47011[/snapback]

47015[/snapback]

Wham Bars were the worst for that like.

47010[/snapback]

47011[/snapback]

47015[/snapback]

47016[/snapback]

Aye, I had a look for them but to no avail.

Mind you, I did here that those frozen fruit juice drinks they used to stick in the freezer were also really bad for your teeth as they killed the gums or something. And then there was dare devil gob stoppers - probably illegal under EU law now.

47010[/snapback]

47011[/snapback]

47015[/snapback]

47016[/snapback]

Aye, that and Highland Toffee bars.

Once spent about an hour scraping all the wrapper off one of those bars (they always stuck to the actual bar itself) only for the bastard to take a filling out with my first bite.

Wham chews were canny too. And refreshers.

Aye, that and Highland Toffee bars.

Once spent about an hour scraping all the wrapper off one of those bars (they always stuck to the actual bar itself) only for the bastard to take a filling out with my first bite.

Wham chews were canny too. And refreshers.

47021[/snapback]

:yes

Ahh, McCowans' Highland Toffee. Made in Stenhousemuir and, with the benefit of hindsight, probably the reason why I had a strange obsession with their football team for a number of years as a kid. :yes

Ahh, McCowans' Highland Toffee. Made in Stenhousemuir and, with the benefit of hindsight, probably the reason why I had a strange obsession with their football team for a number of years as a kid.  :yes

47025[/snapback]

Did you like Everton as well?

Ahh, McCowans' Highland Toffee. Made in Stenhousemuir and, with the benefit of hindsight, probably the reason why I had a strange obsession with their football team for a number of years as a kid.  :yes

47025[/snapback]

Did you like Everton as well?

47027[/snapback]

Imposters....

Them fuckers were black and white!

:nufc:

47016[/snapback]

Mind you, I did here that those frozen fruit juice drinks they used to stick in the freezer were also really bad for your teeth as they killed the gums or something. And then there was dare devil gob stoppers - probably illegal under EU law now.

47018[/snapback]

You dont get out shopping much do you? :yes

Have a wander to Morrisons, Wham bars there 10p each.

47016[/snapback]

47018[/snapback]

47044[/snapback]

I meant on the site. I've seen them in the shops, and they've definitely shrunk!

47016[/snapback]

47018[/snapback]

47044[/snapback]

I meant on the site. I've seen them in the shops, and they've definitely shrunk!

47052[/snapback]

Not used to searching either are you? :nufc:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22wh...G=Google+Search

47016[/snapback]

47018[/snapback]

47044[/snapback]

47052[/snapback]

Not used to searching either are you? :nufc:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22wh...G=Google+Search

47054[/snapback]

Well I missed them while browsing. Shoot me. :blush:

Does anyone else remember Glee bars? Or Applause?

47083[/snapback]

I remember them like a slice of sponge cake, very nice. While were on the subject of all things old can anyone remember a kids programme called 'Tim Tyler, the boy who lost his laugh'. It was a very badly dubbed german programme and the plot was about a boy who had his laugh stolen by a baddie called the baron.

No one seems to remember it and i'm now starting to think i've made it all up in my tiny mind.

:crylaughin:

They brought curly wurlies back but they are smaller too. Anyone remember the original Milky Ways? They brought them back as Flyte bars didn't they? I used to love acid drops and sherbert lemons. Love all sour sweets. The only ones I've had that really get me now are ones called Toxic Waste, they've got a warning on them that says they can cause irritation to your mouth :crylaughin:

4159m.jpg
Edited by The Mighty Hog