Gazza Beyond Help

wykikitoon

Gotta be a sad thing if your son says this about you :lol:

Taken from Yahoo News

Gazza 'beyond help' says son, 12

Paul Gascoigne's 12-year-old son fears the troubled former England footballer is "probably going to die soon".

Regan, who has watched his father battle alcoholism and mental health problems, thinks there is no longer anything the family can do to help.

In a television interview for a documentary to be shown in the new year, he says: "He's probably going to die soon. I don't think there's any point helping him. We're wasting our time.

"If I could wish, I would wish that he would go away from us.

"Everyone thinks he's Gazza but because he's the top player doesn't mean he's a good dad or a good person to be with, does it, really?"

Surviving Gazza, to be shown on Channel 4 on Monday January 5, sees Regan, Gascoigne`s former wife Sheryl, 43, and two of her children from a previous marriage, Bianca, 22, and Mason, 19, track the fallen hero down to a hotel in Portugal.

Gascoigne tells the programme: "I've got food disorder, got bipolar, mood swings, anxiety. I drank when I was sad. And yes, I must admit I thought of dying."

The 41-year-old has been treated numerous times for drink and mental health problems.

He had an illustrious football career and is still perhaps best known for his exploits in the 1990 World Cup finals in Italy. He appeared 57 times in an England shirt and scored 10 goals for his country.

But the talented midfielder has a troubled history of emotional instability and erratic behaviour. Once regarded as one of the world's best footballers, Gascoigne's playing career was plagued by personal problems, many linked to his heavy drinking.

Regans fuckin cow of a mother has used Gazza as a cash cow since the the moment she clapped eyes on him and this is just the latest installment. I'm not condoning Gazza beating her up in any way shape of form. The tabloid press and the section of society obsessed with celebrity have created the situation where she can just keep milking him/his situation until he is in his grave and no doubt for decades afterwards. Hope she's happy with her part in his downfall because she's played a leading role. Allowing their son to say this shite in public is beyond beleif....and all for money.

Gazza 'beyond help' says son, 12

Paul Gascoigne's 12-year-old son fears the troubled former England footballer is "probably going to die soon".

Regan, who has watched his father battle alcoholism and mental health problems, thinks there is no longer anything the family can do to help.

In a television interview for a documentary to be shown in the new year, he says: "He's probably going to die soon. I don't think there's any point helping him. We're wasting our time.

:lol: nobody should be a waste of time helping, never mind your own flesh and blood.

I often wonder if things would have been better for him had he signed for ManUre rather than Spurds.

He's got mental health problems so I still feel he'd be just as bad. Plus back then Taggart wasn't as mellow and as shown with the likes of Strachan, Whiteside and McGrath he couldn't really handle those sorts barring Bryan Robson.

Im no fan of Gazza, as I think he's had help from pretty much every quarter but just hasnt taken any of it on board. He's got to want to get better and to stick at it (Adams/Merson etc) but he just seems to get worse much like Best. Saying that, it is sad seeing the guy literally implode on a very public stage. This kind of publicity only further compounds the problem and cant see it as anything other than a cheap money making opportunity for the producer and for his Ex.

Not much of a legend. Precursor for the Dyers of the game tbh

It's not just Gascoigne he's had a go at. I'm pretty sure he's mocked the SBR day and he's constantly sniping at Keegan, a man who has done more for this club than anyone else in most of our lifetimes.

:icon_lol:

'This is my last chance' says troubled footballer Gascoigne

LONDON (AFP) — England football legend Paul Gascoigne said drink and drug addictions nearly killed him in 2008 and knows he is now on his last chance to save himself, in an interview published Friday.

Gascoigne, 41, who is in a rehabilitation clinic on the southern English coast trying to get his life back in order, said going back on the booze would be the death of him.

"This is my last chance," the fallen idol told The Sun newspaper.

"My mate Jimmy 'Five Bellies' says I've got more lives than a cat and he's right. But this is my last one."

Gascoigne has battled alcoholism and depression since his playing days. Last year he was sectioned under British mental health laws.

"2008 was a terrible time for me, my worst year ever," the former Newcastle, Tottenham, Lazio and Rangers star said.

"The drink and drugs nearly killed me, not once but a few times.

"And getting sectioned was the worst thing ever. A little bit of me died when I went in there and I am never going back.

"The difference this time is I know what I have got to do. I know I can never drink again otherwise it will kill me."

His 12-year-old son Regan, in a documentary called "Saving Gazza" to be aired Monday on Channel Four television, said he thought his father would "die soon" and wished he would "go away" from the family.

"I don't think there's any point in helping him... I feel bad and sorry for him because he's in this kind of state but it's not our fault," the youngster said.

In the television programme, Gascoigne admits: "I've got food disorder, bipolar, mood swings, anxiety. I drank when I was happy, I drank when I was sad. And yes, I must admit I thought of dying."

Gascoigne has been sober for a month and undergoes a punishing fitness regime at the rehabilitation clinic, The Sun said.

Gascoigne, who spent time in rehab in Portugal last year, accused his ex-wife Sheryl of having turned their son against him and laid the blame for his comments on her.

"If she hates me that much, why is she still called Gascoigne? Because the name Gascoigne is a bonus for her, that's why.

"I'm not going to watch the programme. It's a disgrace to use a child like that.

"If Sheryl was so interested in saving me then why did she come all the way out to Portugal as part of making a TV show?

"Would it not have been better to have 'saved Gazza' without a camera crew in tow?

"Walking into that wine bar and meeting her all those years ago was the most expensive drink I've ever had.

"It has cost me about 17 million pounds (25 million dollars, 18 million euros) over the years.

"I paid maintenance for two kids who weren't mine and the family lives in a 1.6-million-pound house. Yet they throw all this at me."

Considered one of the most talented players English football has ever produced, the former midfielder is best known for his exploits in the 1990 World Cup finals in Italy where he helped his country to reach the semi-finals.

"If she hates me that much, why is she still called Gascoigne? Because the name Gascoigne is a bonus for her, that's why.

"I'm not going to watch the programme. It's a disgrace to use a child like that.

"If Sheryl was so interested in saving me then why did she come all the way out to Portugal as part of making a TV show?

"Would it not have been better to have 'saved Gazza' without a camera crew in tow?

"Walking into that wine bar and meeting her all those years ago was the most expensive drink I've ever had.

"It has cost me about 17 million pounds (25 million dollars, 18 million euros) over the years.

"I paid maintenance for two kids who weren't mine and the family lives in a 1.6-million-pound house. Yet they throw all this at me."

:icon_lol:

She sounds like a wonderful woman...