Falconio Case starts in Darwin

Rob W

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something doesn't hang together here IMHO

Its a bit like that terrible case with the baby in Newcastle a month ago - when you put all the statements together the pieces don't all fit..........

The opinion in Australia (at least with the people I know) has long been that Joanna Lees did it and seems to be close to getting away with it. Either way, I hope the whole case can be closed quickly, it has dragged on far too long and Falconio's family at least deserve some conclusion. This whole thing reeks of shitty police work. If he'd been murdered in Victoria I guarantee Victoria Police would have had it solved pretty damn quickly, or at least shot the person they thought may have been somewhat responsible. :yes

I get the feeling that the girlfriend certainly had some hand in his murder, I suspect that Bradley Murdoch was her accomplice.

The opinion in Australia (at least with the people I know) has long been that Joanna Lees did it and seems to be close to getting away with it. Either way, I hope the whole case can be closed quickly, it has dragged on far too long and Falconio's family at least deserve some conclusion. This whole thing reeks of shitty police work. If he'd been murdered in Victoria I guarantee Victoria Police would have had it solved pretty damn quickly, or at least shot the person they thought may have been somewhat responsible. :yes

46873[/snapback]

and it would have bbeen a Native Australian I'll bet as well.............

whereas in NSW it would have been a S Pacific illegal immigrant.............

Have to disagree with people here.

The guy being tried for this is a piece of work who has been known to travel from South Australia to Western Australia leaving a trail of distruction on his path.

I remember reading an article by one of the better investigative journos before he was arrested about how years before the police were just about to pounce on him until he skipped out of South Australia and there wasn't enough evidence to extradite him back. An ampetamines abuser, with a tendency for violence - never a winning combination.

I love it when people have such strong opinions about something they know very little about. FACT!

:yes

46930[/snapback]

Doesn't stop Souness trying to manage our football team, tbh.

46937[/snapback]

There was a bit in the Sunday Times magazine this weekend going on about when he was duped into signing the 'friend' of George Weah - Ali Dia, when he was Southampton manager. Still find that funny like.

I love it when people have such strong opinions about something they know very little about. FACT!

46930[/snapback]

An opinion maybe - a STRONG opinion - not yet

Have to disagree with people here.

The guy being tried for this is a piece of work who has been known to travel from South Australia to Western Australia leaving a trail of distruction on his path.

I remember reading an article by one of the better investigative journos before he was arrested about how years before the police were just about to pounce on him until he skipped out of South Australia and there wasn't enough evidence to extradite him back. An ampetamines abuser, with a tendency for violence - never a winning combination.

46927[/snapback]

In other words someone the Police have been after for years (unsuccesfully) has suddenly been charged with murder...................................

In the UK you'd be thinking about the Guildford 4 etc etc at this point

How ... convenient........

46930[/snapback]

An opinion maybe - a STRONG opinion - not yet

46969[/snapback]

I didn't necessarily mean you Rob, it's more the people who seem certain she did it.