iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM me your email addresses and we'll try it, not sure if you have to be a fully paid user for it to work, I'l still using the free storage.

PM me your email addresses and we'll try it, not sure if you have to be a fully paid user for it to work, I'l still using the free storage.

Should still work. If you click the 'Get extra space free' link when logged in via your browser you can get your referral code to hoy on up here.

Should still work. If you click the 'Get extra space free' link when logged in via your browser you can get your referral code to hoy on up here.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTI2MTkzMzY3OQ

Got an extra 250mb just for being referred!

likewise, I got 250gb from you signing up from my referral ! awesome !

This installous thing gets you all the apps, etc for free so... aye! :)

Besty, old chap would you mind posting your thoughts about jailbreaking the iPhone if you get a chance?

Besty, old chap would you mind posting your thoughts about jailbreaking the iPhone if you get a chance?

Ditto, was looking at some installation clips on Youtube, I'm tempted.

Makes it seem so easy. However, my iPhone 4 is on the latest software which isn't compatible.

Makes it seem so easy. However, my iPhone 4 is on the latest software which isn't compatible.

I'm in the process of flashing my Desire. The problem with them is that the phone providers fill them full of bloatware that uses up a load of the internal memory.

So anyway, one bricked phone, coming up. :)

What sort of data does your phone log to a file…and why?

That’s the most annoying mystery of these superphones that we carry everywhere. It’s a master key to pretty much everything we’ve got going on in our lives: where we’ve been, the people with whom we associate, what we say, and all of the things we’ve seen that we considered worth snapshotting. The phone maker should be both completely open about the data the device collects and should act as though disastrous things would happen if that data were ever to fall into the wrong hands. Because they would. The worst-case scenario of a lost or stolen or otherwise compromised phone is pretty goddamned bad.

So imagine my disappointment when I visited this page (thoughtfully forwarded to me by Dave Bittner). Developers Alasdair Allan and Pete Warden, while working on some mobile data-visualization tools, poked around inside their iPhones and found an SQL database containing a detailed log of the phone’s locations over the past several months. To demonstrate the problem, they wrote a little app that will pull up this file from your desktop iPhone backup, analyze it, and “replay” your movements over time on a map.

read more

• 2 weeks later...

I realised late last night, it wasn't iTunes I used to use at all - it was Installous.

Seems thats not available now.

Itunes just complains of an unknown error. It does it with every ipa, so I know its not just a corrupt one.

:lol:

I'll have another look on the web.