iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

The TomTom app is about £60 and if you and the mrs both use the same iTunes login you can both install it so it's buy one get one free !

Oh yes ;) Yeah, she'll sync with my applestore account so that's perfect.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also had to update iTunes to 8.2, Ive downloaded the update and am now applying it. Ive also found an edit to the iTunes registry that means you can sync without it prompting you to wipe clean first if its a different device / library. so, Ill be trying that next.

Sorry to drap up a post from 10 pages back but - can you explain more about the above ;) That will be ace for syncing my iphone with my work and home PC's

Why not just set "manage music and movies manually" ? thats what I do, it then sync's apps and contacts etc but leaves you to move music and movies by just dragging and dropping within iTunes, much easier in my opinion.

Yeah, but itunes recognises that the ipod is synced with another pc though doesn't it? I'm sure I've tried that before.

My 8gb ipod is set ot sync in that exact way and if I plug it into my work PC is askes to wipe it

EDIT: Just had a thought - I have it set to sync certain playlists - I'll be that's why. I do manage manually, but certain playlists sync on connection. Will try that when I get home.

Pick up the new iphone (hopefully) tonight - assuming the stock comes in. I had a nosey round the itunes store yesterday and there are loads of canny apps. Some nice stuff for guitars (tuners , chords etc) which will be nice.

The TomTom software gets a mixed review... Might have to 'aquire' a copy and try before I buy

Right, my bottom lip has officially gone. My toys are nearing the edge of my pram and the chances of me throwing a paddy are increasing exponentially by the minute.

After being told I'd get my new iPhone yesterday but it was delayed; today was the day. Well, today came and they only received Black 16gb 3GS and not the White ones. I originally wanted a black one but was convinced by the girl in the O2 shop that white was the better option as it doesn't scratch anywahere near as much.

Looks like Tuesday or Wednesday now. Bastards got me all excited, I've read this thread, browsed the apps store and even got the missus excited about hers too.

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!

:)

Right, my bottom lip has officially gone. My toys are nearing the edge of my pram and the chances of me throwing a paddy are increasing exponentially by the minute.

After being told I'd get my new iPhone yesterday but it was delayed; today was the day. Well, today came and they only received Black 16gb 3GS and not the White ones. I originally wanted a black one but was convinced by the girl in the O2 shop that white was the better option as it doesn't scratch anywahere near as much.

Looks like Tuesday or Wednesday now. Bastards got me all excited, I've read this thread, browsed the apps store and even got the missus excited about hers too.

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!

:)

Horse shite tbh.

My mate who works for O2 and someone off here (Jimbo, IIRC) have both told me that the white ones crack much easier.

White one sounds gay to me tbh.

You'll want a case for it anyway, cos if you drop it on the pavement, the screen WILL smash. So scratching is an irrelevance. My mate had this little gay leather pouch that his used to slide in and out of. Dropped it when pissed and bust it. Mines in a clear plastic mouldy case thing, I've dropped it loads and it's fine. My mate now has a plastic mouldy case like mine.

Right, I'm convinced (not that it took much).

Rung O2, and reserved the Black one and I'm picking it up tonight after work. I think I might get one of those moulded skins. Does that make them much bigger in your pocket?

I know the missus wants a white one, but hers will live in her handbag. Mind you, if it has a skin on, the colour wont matter I guess.

You'll want a case for it anyway, cos if you drop it on the pavement, the screen WILL smash. So scratching is an irrelevance. My mate had this little gay leather pouch that his used to slide in and out of. Dropped it when pissed and bust it. Mines in a clear plastic mouldy case thing, I've dropped it loads and it's fine. My mate now has a plastic mouldy case like mine.

Yeah I don't think the phones colour is going to make a difference when it comes to noticeable scrapes. I'd definitely get a cover for it if I were you.

I've got a thick reinforced leather backing case thingy for mine. Much better than Gemmil's rotting plastic thing. Also bought one of those adhesive plastic screen covers to stop the scren getting scratched or prohibitively smeared or smudged.

Yeah I don't think the phones colour is going to make a difference when it comes to noticeable scrapes. I'd definitely get a cover for it if I were you.

I've got a thick reinforced leather backing case thingy for mine. Much better than Gemmil's rotting plastic thing. Also bought one of those adhesive plastic screen covers to stop the scren getting scratched or prohibitively smeared or smudged.

Adhesive screen covers are unnecessary and also for arseholes.

Are they bollocks, they're there to keep my iPhone looknig nice and clean, not like you and your tacky plastic moulded crap.

So Fermé le Bouche Mother fucker!

I seem to have inadvertantly started a plastic/silicone/rubber or leather argument......

........ which in itself sounds a little gay, or certainly a bit twisted :)

Ant - that casemate looks canny. Are they strong enough to withstand me accidentally dropping the phone as it slips out of my pocket?

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!

:baby:

Horse shite tbh.

My mate who works for O2 and someone off here (Jimbo, IIRC) have both told me that the white ones crack much easier.

certainly the White backed iPhones show up the cracks more, I presume the black ones crack too but don't show up as much, these are tiny tiny cracks though, nothing which would cause it to fall apart or anything serious.

Apple expected to announce a new release at some point today - strongly rumoured to be the new line of iPods possibly with a digital camera attached.

They're supposed to be releasing their tablet computer, the iPad at some point soon too although this is expected to be next year.

Apple expected to announce a new release at some point today - strongly rumoured to be the new line of iPods possibly with a digital camera attached.

They're supposed to be releasing their tablet computer, the iPad at some point soon too although this is expected to be next year.

The Oirish are going to get very confused.

:munch:

:munch:

Be Aware!

Couple of weeks ago my daughters I phone stopped charging up. She took it to 02, who sent it to Apple, who claim its been dropped and want £139 to fix it.

Today mine has stopped charging.

(I am sure this will send some into raptures of joy that I will no longer be able to post while out and about)

Anyhows, this does seem to be a common problem and as yet I cant see any remedy for it. Beware!

Don't drop it? :)

Be Aware!

Couple of weeks ago my daughters I phone stopped charging up. She took it to 02, who sent it to Apple, who claim its been dropped and want £139 to fix it.

Today mine has stopped charging.

(I am sure this will send some into raptures of joy that I will no longer be able to post while out and about)

Anyhows, this does seem to be a common problem and as yet I cant see any remedy for it. Beware!

How can Apple get away with claiming it's been dropped and charge to fix it? Was there a massive dent in it? Was it still under warranty?