iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Id be interested to know how many people actually use the iphone to its full potential though? Or do they just prefer the thought that it could do all these things . . . if they wanted? Currency convertors, Sat Nav, irectory enquiries etc (stuff they put in the adverts) isnt new? Ive got a sat nav if i want to go somewhere. Ive got a calculator too. Ive got a phone book in the house if i need a number

It just seems like a lot of novelty items all bundled together into what is essentialy a very expensive stabdard mobile. Minus video.

When I'm out of the house its worth its wait in gold, MSN, Twitter, Web browser, E-mail, Games, Music, Podcasts, Movies, Camera, Maps, radio, Skype, books, the list goes on.

My point being that my much cheaper and easier to use Nokia can do all of that

Easier to use ? you must be joking, I've had Nokias in the past and they've been as clunky as hell.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id be interested to know how many people actually use the iphone to its full potential though? Or do they just prefer the thought that it could do all these things . . . if they wanted? Currency convertors, Sat Nav, irectory enquiries etc (stuff they put in the adverts) isnt new? Ive got a sat nav if i want to go somewhere. Ive got a calculator too. Ive got a phone book in the house if i need a number

It just seems like a lot of novelty items all bundled together into what is essentialy a very expensive stabdard mobile. Minus video.

When I'm out of the house its worth its wait in gold, MSN, Twitter, Web browser, E-mail, Games, Music, Podcasts, Movies, Camera, Maps, radio, Skype, books, the list goes on.

My point being that my much cheaper and easier to use Nokia can do all of that

Easier to use ? you must be joking, I've had Nokias in the past and they've been as clunky as hell.

I've got the 5800 and it's a piece of piss to use. I'd get an iphone. But putting it simply it's a rip off, because of 02's monopoly on them.

He wont play by anyone else rules, he plays by his own rules...

To be honest I got the iPhone because I'm a twat. It is however an impressive piece of kit. I know people can say they've got a sat nav for when they're driving, an iPod if they want to listen to music, a phone book in their house for contacts, but this does all of that, at the same time, in one place, for the price of an average phone contract.

Emailing is a piece of piss and makes my life immeasurably easier, watching tv episodes on the tube is making my journey so much better, handy apps like Aroundme, Tubedeluxe, Sky News, urbanspoon, among others have made actual differences. They're not just Novelties, they're functional, useful applications.

They fun stuff is quality too, Worms? Awesome

Check out the O2 store or Carphone wharehouse, have a look at them in the flesh, I've bought some from the Internet and they've been shite.

iPhone solo loss stares O2 in the face

The 3G goose scrambles O2's golden egg

O2 is to lose the UK exclusive to the iPhone in October, according to documentation seen by a British mobile trade publication.

Mobile Entertainment says the mobile operator solo status ends officially on 9 October.

The magazine also quotes unnamed sources, who say that O2 may retain sole UK rights to the 3GS after this date. This what our sources are telling Reg colleague Bill Ray. (See his analysis, written last month iPhone makes eyes at T-Mobile and Orange to find out more on why the end of the exclusive is good for Apple and, possibly, not so bad for O2 either.)

Orange and T-Mobile are the hot favourites to join in the UK iPhone beanfeast, according to Bill. No surprise here as both operators sell the iPhone in other countries.

This week, we were the first to reveal that T-Mobile is already shipping the iPhone 3G to high-rolling British subscribers, who spent over £75 per month, and were threatening to leave the network

My gripe is that it seems to drop signal quite easily and take a while to get it back, but then so few phones have a proper aerial in them anyway it's not surprising.

The apps are great- I don't use many of them but for web browsing and checking train times (using the National Rail app) is very useful.

I was on O2 anyway and was a doddle to upgrade- tbh their customer services are top notch, even offering me refunds on stuff when I hadn't even asked for them.

My gripe is that it seems to drop signal quite easily and take a while to get it back, but then so few phones have a proper aerial in them anyway it's not surprising.

The apps are great- I don't use many of them but for web browsing and checking train times (using the National Rail app) is very useful.

I was on O2 anyway and was a doddle to upgrade- tbh their customer services are top notch, even offering me refunds on stuff when I hadn't even asked for them.

agreed they are second to none imo

just downloaded the SKY Sports Football Score Centre app, fucking essential !!!!

Just got it today as well. Miles ahead of any other football app. Cracking stuff.