iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

You can't call 0845 type numbers cos they have no way of charging you for them.

You can use auto top-up.

You can specify how much they're allowed to take from your account and how many times a month they can do it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ok. Can it auto top up if your float drops below say a fiver?

They have a default amount of £3...

Auto top-up means when your account drops below £3 it'll automatically top up by the amount you've selected (via credit / debit card), up to a maximum per month that you've specified.

You can set-up the auto top-up with your next top-up, or directly in "My giffgaff", in the "My payment details" section.

If you've already stored your credit card details - just tick the box and select the amount you'd like to be topped up by each time your balance drops below £3.

Reet, getting sent a SIM card now and changing asap. My data ran out today and isn't renewed until the 23rd. I'm not using it particularly heavily either.

I get 5mb speeds on a good day over 3G with giffgaff. Best thing I ever did dumping my phone contract

• 3 months later...

"APPLE’S shares rocketed last night after legendary investor Carl Icahn tweeted his support for the company, adding tens of billions to its market value.

The activist shareholder sent markets wild with a pair of tweets during afternoon trading yesterday, telling over 40,000 followers that he owns a large amount of Apple stock – which he believes is undervalued.

As shares began to rocket – rising as much as 5.6 per cent – Icahn stuck to the social media forum to divulge that he'd been speaking to the tech giant’s chief executive, and pushing Tim Cook to return some of the company’s huge cash pile to shareholders.

“We currently have a large position in Apple. We believe the company to be extremely undervalued,” Icahn tweeted, sending trading volumes up to three times their usual daily level.

“Had a nice conversation with Tim Cook today. Discussed my opinion that a larger buyback should be done now. We plan to speak again shortly.”

Stocks soared up 5.6 per cent on the statements, before ending the say up 4.75 per cent – representing a gain of $17bn to the market value of the business. The jump leaves the shares at $489.57, their highest level since January."

http://www.cityam.com/article/1376445291/billionaire-s-tweet-adds-17bn-apple

As tweets go, it beats "Going for a shit!"

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one and think it's unreal.

I've got the previous incarnation, the One X, and love it. Far better than my old iPhone 4s in every way. The One looks lush though, one if the highest specced phones out there and easily the best build. Is there a 64 gig version?

The Samsung phones are built to perform in spec tests, its been shown they are optimised to show scores beyond the normal functioning of the phone. The differences are very large but it mainly tells you about how they market the phone.

Due my upgrade think I might get myself a HTC One for a change, anyone got it on here?

Has the mini version been released in the UK yet?... It apparently keeps the dr dre speakers and the fabby camera but am not sure what the downside of it is?..

Has the mini version been released in the UK yet?... It apparently keeps the dr dre speakers and the fabby camera but am not sure what the downside of it is?..

Erm, it's small perhaps?

Got to say, any man who thinks the HTC one is too big must have little girl hands. Be very interesting to see what size the new Apples are, because once you've used an HTC, Samsung, or Sony Experia you can't go back to such a small screen.

Aye exactly.

When I'm out and about I use it to browse Tapatalk, check Twitter, Feedly, Flickr and loads of other things and I think that the screen size is perfect. No way I'd go back to a smaller size (wehey) and it doesn't hinder the pocket at all iyam.

If that's all you use a phone for Ant I wouldn't spend that much on one but if you are going to use it to its fully potential then definitely do.

Android apps are gash compared to iOS apps. Regardless of how superior the phone is. I've had both so I'm speaking from experience. I got sick of waiting 6 months later for most things to land on android and even then they are inferior versions designed to work on 20 different types of android handset

Android apps are gash compared to iOS apps. Regardless of how superior the phone is. I've had both so I'm speaking from experience. I got sick of waiting 6 months later for most things to land on android and even then they are inferior versions designed to work on 20 different types of android handset

Can't say I've noticed any difference at all in the ones I use. Got any examples?

Like what for example?

Can't say I have noticed any difference whatsoever and every app I need is available on Android.