Simon Jordan

Guest Stevie

* Toon fans are shit

* Newcastle are not much bigger than Palace

* We're not a big club

* Atmosphere is always wank (how the fuck is the atmosphere when Palace play Bury you cockney bastard)

* Wise is a good lad

* Keegan is skint

* Sheff Wed have more loyal fans

* Sheff Wed have better fans

* What a complete and utter cunt.

tbf, he said Wise is shit...

Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has sensationally branded Newcastle United a small club in an exclusive interview with Virgin Media Sport.

Jordan, who earlier this year revealed his desire to sell Championship side Palace and get out of football, also astonishingly dismissed Dennis Wise's abilities as Director of Football and labelled football fans as fickle.

Newcastle chairman Mike Ashley was forced to put the club up for sale following Toon Army protests following the resignation of Kevin Keegan three months ago.

But Jordan has labelled football fans fickle and defended the right of a chairman to make money from the game.

Jordan said: "There has to be an element of respect for the fact that he (Mike Ashley) poured £250million into the club.

"Football fans have very short memories, they don't regard John Hall very highly up in Newcastle, even though the man re-built their club.

"Mike's situation to me is ludicrous, he's gone in there and realised it's expensive and it's going to get worse."

Despite his understanding of Ashley's precarious situation, Jordan questioned his decision to appoint former Leeds united manager Dennis Wise as Director of Football claiming the former Chelsea midfielder knows nothing about buying foreign players.

Jordan added: "I don't know why he's got Dennis Wise in there, I wouldn't have him as Director of Football at my club, because I probably could write what Dennis knows about players abroad on the back of a postage stamp.

"I've been up at Newcastle many times, and this Geordie Roar they talk about, I've never heard it, the only time I've ever heard it is when they score.

"Newcastle fans have got to face the fact they're not a big club, they're a big club in Newcastle, not anywhere else and this expectation level that is put on managers up there is grossly unfair."

Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has sensationally branded Newcastle United a small club in an exclusive interview with Virgin Media Sport.

Jordan, who earlier this year revealed his desire to sell Championship side Palace and get out of football, also astonishingly dismissed Dennis Wise's abilities as Director of Football and labelled football fans as fickle.

Newcastle chairman Mike Ashley was forced to put the club up for sale following Toon Army protests following the resignation of Kevin Keegan three months ago.

But Jordan has labelled football fans fickle and defended the right of a chairman to make money from the game.

Jordan said: "There has to be an element of respect for the fact that he (Mike Ashley) poured £250million into the club.

"Football fans have very short memories, they don't regard John Hall very highly up in Newcastle, even though the man re-built their club.

"Mike's situation to me is ludicrous, he's gone in there and realised it's expensive and it's going to get worse."

Despite his understanding of Ashley's precarious situation, Jordan questioned his decision to appoint former Leeds united manager Dennis Wise as Director of Football claiming the former Chelsea midfielder knows nothing about buying foreign players.

Jordan added: "I don't know why he's got Dennis Wise in there, I wouldn't have him as Director of Football at my club, because I probably could write what Dennis knows about players abroad on the back of a postage stamp.

"I've been up at Newcastle many times, and this Geordie Roar they talk about, I've never heard it, the only time I've ever heard it is when they score.

"Newcastle fans have got to face the fact they're not a big club, they're a big club in Newcastle, not anywhere else and this expectation level that is put on managers up there is grossly unfair."

Clever lad. ;) What's the point of shit like this?

fucking tosspot, i want to get past hull in FA cup and draw them bastards

If you had to come up with stuff like that on a regular basis in order to keep my retainer with a newspaper, you probably would do too.

But Jordan is meant to be a multi-millionaire- where's it all gone?

To me he is indicative of the whole southern bias - they forget that we have spent most of the time in the premiership as a major player and choose to stick the timpson in when we are at a low ebb - I couldn't think of a worse line up for a sport based radio show than him and that utter tosser durham

He's a bit like a stereotype of a London 'barra' boy turned city trader c. 1987. You could just picture him quaffing champagne in a shit posh bar and wearing a striped shirt and a pair of braces.