Smogs v Toon

Nobby

If we pick up some points away and win our home games we'll be O.K. But next week vs Stoke is a must-win-game, as we play Pompey and Spuds the weeks afterwards.

Game was O.K., could have gone either way. We've got some stability now and have only lost one of the last 6. We're still down there though.

MOTM probably Bassong again, the lad is a big promise. Fast, strong and knows where to stand. Top-class. Charlie showing why he has to play instead of Duff.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going a bit too Allardyce for me - last week being an obvious exception I don't think a 0-0 at Boro is that great.

Positives: defence and Viduka.

Negatives: Lack of midfield creativity/ambition, another poor game for Jonas.

Totally agree, for once we are actually looking solid in defence and poor in attack. I dont understand JFK's substitutions once again! I thought if anything he would of pulled of guthrie and played 433. He played 433 with owen,shola and martins, so when you have the skill of Viduka why not?

And to pull oba off instead off owen was plain and simple to keep owen happy i think. Iv got a horrid feeling that oba mite just slap in a transfer request.

Over all a good point, another away clean sheet and like Gemmil said these last two results are only good results if we get 3 points against Stoke.

Where are we now in the league?

Was McDonald talking shit on the Legends today when he said that Keane has signed ONE HUNDRED players since he joined Sunderland. It sounds preposterous, but he certainly seemed to believe what he was saying. The idiot mackem didn't seem to put up too much protest at the suggestion.

Time for people to stop chatting shit about Wise's signings IMO.

Bassong, Guthrie, Collicini, Jonas all looked good today.

Less said about the Zog and Owen the better.

Edited by Danny B

Less said about the Zog the better.

You're so thick man. I mean it must be intentional, there's nobody as dumb as you come across could operate a computer.

By the way Wise only signed one of those four you named.

Where are we now in the league?

17th on GD, but it depends on Portsmouth V Blackburn tomorrow (Blackburn win and we're back in the relegation zone).

What's more worrying is finally the table is beginning to separate in the mid to lower end, and we're looking like we're going to be firmly stuck in the relegation group unless we start picking up more points than we have been doing (just not losing isn't enough).

You're so thick man. I mean it must be intentional, there's nobody as dumb as you come across could operate a computer.

Enrique and Zog were very average, Enrique kept giving the ball away and Zog kept drifting inside so you had no width.

Wise signed all of those players. Thats his job.

Those 4 were signed by wise and his team iirc, and all good signings, but danny b, N'Zogbia was pretty good thday, owen WAS wank though.

Those 4 were signed by wise and his team iirc, and all good signings, but danny b, N'Zogbia was pretty good thday, owen WAS wank though.

guthrie wasn't not sure about the others though

I thought he was dissapointing but you know him better than I. Maybe that was a good performance for him.

Both Enrique and Owen were pretty wanky.

Enrique and Zog were very average, Enrique kept giving the ball away and Zog kept drifting inside so you had no width.

Wise signed all of those players. Thats his job.

Alot will agree with you about enrique, and rightly so because he is awful. As for the Zog being average, thats bollocks mate, total complete bollocks, yes he did drift inside at times but so what...wasnt it him he created most of our openings? Especially last 5 mins...

Blimey! Time fer people ter Debby Laboostop chattin' bacon bit abaaaht signing IMO. Awright geeezzaa! Bassong, Gufrie, Collicini, Jonas all looked bee's knees today. Less said abaaaht da Zog da be'er. Sorted mate.

Lor' luv a duck! Enrique an' Zog were very average, Enrique kept givin' da ball away an' Zog kept driftin' inside so yew 'ad "Nin" width.

Wise signed all ov those players. Thats 'is job. Know what I mean?

Shouldn't Wise have got rid of Enrique and Zog then?

Blimey! Time fer people ter Debby Laboostop chattin' bacon bit abaaaht signing IMO. Awright geeezzaa! Bassong, Gufrie, Collicini, Jonas all looked bee's knees today. Less said abaaaht da Zog da be'er. Sorted mate.

Lor' luv a duck! Enrique an' Zog were very average, Enrique kept givin' da ball away an' Zog kept driftin' inside so yew 'ad "Nin" width.

?Rome wasnt built in a day Fop.

Lawd above! Rome wasn't built in a day Fop, innit.

Just another 6 seasons and we might have a squad, better extend Kinnear's contract. :o

And it's still very fortunate that Keegan wasn't listened too about that LB isn't it? :lol:

Edited by Fop

Canny result and good to see another clean sheet.

Yeah, i think JK does deserve soem credit here as if you'd told me we'd go to Chelsea and Smogs and get 2 clean sheets i'd have laughed! I don't think Keegan would have managed it...however i do think keegan would have went and comfortably beat the smogs like he usually did!

Also i hope the management will realise that Colo and Bassong is the partnership and not Taylor at CB, i think the 2 away game sare eveidence enough even without some of Taylors moronic defending when he was in the team.

Wey heyyy mackems below us :lol:

Roy-Keane-001.jpg

Man Utd away next week as well.

The mackems should really start shitting themselves tbh. They built their survival last season on a decent home record and they are rapidly getting a complex about playing there, they're always shit away, Blackburn match excepted. Also some of the players they have now won't be quite so much use in a relegaton dogfight as they had last season i suspect. Funny really since at the start of the seaosn tjeir fans seemed to think they had "the best midfield outside the top 4" and a striking lineup that'd be banging in shitloads of goals!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Another nightmare game for Enrique and I once had high-hopes for him.

Zoggy was disappointing, expected more from him.

Bassong is looking better all the time.

Until Kinnear gets his substitutions right he'll get no accolades from me. He should have taken Owen off not Martins if he was going to make any changes. Owen was pretty anonymous in the second half and Martins looked more of a threat. And why would he put in a less than fit Viduka when there is fully fit people on the bench.

Decent result in getting a point but I thought we were lucky to get it, Boro looked the better of two teams lacking quality on the day.

Wey heyyy mackems below us :lol:

Roy-Keane-001.jpg

Man Utd away next week as well.

The mackems should really start shitting themselves tbh. They built their surivival lasts eaosn on a decent home record and they are rapidly getting a complex about playing there, they're always shit away, Blackburn match excepted. Also some of the players they have now won't be quite so much use in a relegaton dogfight as they had last season i suspect. Funny really since at the start of the seaosn tjeir fans seemed to think they had "the best midfield outside the top 4" and a striking lineup that'd be banging in shitloads of goals!

All I keep hearing after every defeat is "Keane will kick their arses after that" and "I'd hate to be in the dressing room right now" Seems to be working a treat mind