Identify your local neighbourhood facist

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Anyone watch "The Ascent of Money" on More4 last night.

Interesting look at the negativity towards Jews descended from the times of Jewish money lenders.

From Shylock's pound of flesh to the loan sharks of Glasgow, from the 'promises to pay' on Babylonian clay tablets to the Medici banking system, Professor Ferguson explains the origins of credit and debt and why credit networks are indispensable to any civilisation.

http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites...s/episodes.html

Repeated C4 Monday 24 Nov 8.00PM

No, but I've been to the Uffizi. La-di-fucking-dah.

Edited by alex

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting look at the negativity towards Jews descended from the times of Jewish money lenders.

From Shylock's pound of flesh to the loan sharks of Glasgow, from the 'promises to pay' on Babylonian clay tablets to the Medici banking system, Professor Ferguson explains the origins of credit and debt and why credit networks are indispensable to any civilisation.

He visits there. Bit rich for local gangsters to have themselves painted into the birth of christ like :lol: .

Edited by Happy Face

He visits there. Bit rich for local gangsters to have themselves painted into the birth of christ like :lol: .

Fitting though, when you think about it.

Aye, that was worth seeing.

Regarding the 60s, did everyone forget the free sex (when it was a novelty)?

I do actually know someone who is a fully paid-up member. It would appear he wasn't taking the piss either. There's a couple of people live closer than him to me as well.

Mr. Joseph Brown - 72 yards :lol:

Get yer arse round there with a baseball bat fella. :)

I think he's on holiday at the minute. His curtains have been shut and his car hasn't moved for a few days. Either that or the fucker is in hiding :D

Mr. Joseph Brown - 72 yards :lol:

Get yer arse round there with a baseball bat fella. :angry:

I think he's on holiday at the minute. His curtains have been shut and his car hasn't moved for a few days. Either that or the fucker is in hiding :D

Leave a trail of racist type pamphlets leading to your garden...See if he crawls out. :)

No-one within half a mile of me.

Although I don't agree with this release of information, I can't help thinking there is an element of justice to it, the boot being on the other foot for a change. Certainly don't have any sympathy for them.

Okay, places like Bradford and Luton may have large amounts of Muslims living in the area but i'm yet to see any Islamic Party of Great Britain councillors elbowing their way into power in those areas.

no, I'm not.

I'm just saying that, its now only a matter of time, as things stand.

You do see this don't you ?

But even if they did, so what? those areas where they would gain power would be those with a vast majority of Muslims therefore why not have a councillor that understands them? Plus, my understanding of the Islamic party is that they promote integration rather than acting insular. Maybe they wil have more luck in getting those that currently dont attempt to fit in.

what would life be like in those areas with a vast majority of muslims, for non - muslims ?

An integrated, happy community ? Would it hell. They may be promoting integratation on the surface but is it working, will it work, are they really promoting it ?

This is the point PP. The community may well represent the population of the country, but that ends up being a muslim community, totally intolerant of anyone else, starting off in Leicester, then Bradford, the burnley, then Luton ....... etc etc

Is this desirable ? Do you think so ? If you are taking the view that its a natural process and you won't be alive when it happens, or you'll be too old to care, then fine, thats your prerogative. But thats admitting its going to happen. Personally I think a divided Britain isn't desirable at all in any shape or form.

Take some of your points on board there Leazes, but just to play devil's advocate can't you equally say this about non-muslim/'white' councils? They promote it but it doesnt happen, which ultimately is as much a failing of the non-muslims as it is the muslims. But I'm guessing (without having a go at you and perhaps wrongly) you're less concerned about it as long as it remains that way round?

There will be an Islamic party MP sitting in Westminster within 20 years. Soon after Labour will fragment itself to destruction as line are drawn.

Surely it isn't a case of legality, as (I think) Fop is suggesting. In a similar way to members of the Police Force being unable to strike or join a trade union, they also undertake an agreement not to join the BNP when they become a police officer. I would imagine this is clearly defined by an Act of Parliament and hence, covered by UK law. The argument, therefore, surely falls with a philosophical / ethical debate as to whether that should be the case.

Is that the case though?

And if so what basis does it stand up? You could write a contract with someone agreeing not to speak Welsh (or whatever), but that wouldn't mean it would actually stand up to scrutiny.

There's also plenty of professions where there's nothing legally binding, but they would get shot of BNP members in much the same way people might once have got shot of someone because they are Muslim or mixed race or whatever.

It's a strange hypocrisy IMO, and one that has to be watched, as Harmen's ridiculous sexist employment bill clearly showed this summer.

Surely it isn't a case of legality, as (I think) Fop is suggesting. In a similar way to members of the Police Force being unable to strike or join a trade union, they also undertake an agreement not to join the BNP when they become a police officer. I would imagine this is clearly defined by an Act of Parliament and hence, covered by UK law. The argument, therefore, surely falls with a philosophical / ethical debate as to whether that should be the case.

Is that the case though?

And if so what basis does it stand up? You could write a contract with someone agreeing not to speak Welsh (or whatever), but that wouldn't mean it would actually stand up to scrutiny.

There's also plenty of professions where there's nothing legally binding, but they would get shot of BNP members in much the same way people might once have got shot of someone because they are Muslim or mixed race or whatever.

It's a strange hypocrisy IMO, and one that has to be watched, as Harmen's ridiculous sexist employment bill clearly showed this summer.

I'm by no means a legal expert but it does seem to stand up. All I meant was I think challenging its legality is coming at it from the wrong standpoint, as it were. As in, you might think it's wrong, but I don't think it's 'illegal'.

Is that the case though?

I'm by no means a legal expert but it does seem to stand up. All I meant was I think challenging its legality is coming at it from the wrong standpoint, as it were. As in, you might think it's wrong, but I don't think it's 'illegal'.

Well maybe not criminally "illegal" (although I dunno with all the recent anti-discrimination legislation), but at least against civil and working practice law. :lol:

Although I'm slightly amazed they haven't managed to wangle anti-terror into it :D (I guess they don't need to).

It's a very good example of how far the rules can bet bent though, and although most maybe would agree with it in this case, it goes without saying that rules are being bent at least as far in other ways that maybe most wouldn't agree with, but get no publicity.

And mainly it weakens and undermines the whole position of British democracy and freedom. Insidious banning is the way of tyranny, even nice tyranny that you don't mind so much (so long as you don't end up disagreeing with it anyway).

The only thing that might supersede it is the Human Rights Act, not sure if there's anything in there about freedom to political expression.

Okay, places like Bradford and Luton may have large amounts of Muslims living in the area but i'm yet to see any Islamic Party of Great Britain councillors elbowing their way into power in those areas.

no, I'm not.

But even if they did, so what? those areas where they would gain power would be those with a vast majority of Muslims therefore why not have a councillor that understands them? Plus, my understanding of the Islamic party is that they promote integration rather than acting insular. Maybe they wil have more luck in getting those that currently dont attempt to fit in.

what would life be like in those areas with a vast majority of muslims, for non - muslims ?

An integrated, happy community ? Would it hell. They may be promoting integratation on the surface but is it working, will it work, are they really promoting it ?

This is the point PP. The community may well represent the population of the country, but that ends up being a muslim community, totally intolerant of anyone else, starting off in Leicester, then Bradford, the burnley, then Luton ....... etc etc

Is this desirable ? Do you think so ? If you are taking the view that its a natural process and you won't be alive when it happens, or you'll be too old to care, then fine, thats your prerogative. But thats admitting its going to happen. Personally I think a divided Britain isn't desirable at all in any shape or form.

Take some of your points on board there Leazes, but just to play devil's advocate can't you equally say this about non-muslim/'white' councils? They promote it but it doesnt happen, which ultimately is as much a failing of the non-muslims as it is the muslims. But I'm guessing (without having a go at you and perhaps wrongly) you're less concerned about it as long as it remains that way round?

There will be an Islamic party MP sitting in Westminster within 20 years. Soon after Labour will fragment itself to destruction as line are drawn.

Apparently the UK is the only country in the non-Islamic western world that even has an Islamic political party...

http://www.islamicparty.com/

Would you Adam and Eve it.

no, I'm not.

Apparently the UK is the only country in the non-Islamic western world that even has an Islamic political party...

http://www.islamicparty.com/

Would you Adam and Eve it.

Defunct since 2006.