Happy Birthday Maggie Thatcher

Happy Face

Do people seriously wish her dead? Genuine question.

45470[/snapback]

Well, I guess she's irrelevant now , but it might make me a bit happy, I admit. Especially if she suffered first. Not feelings I particularly like having though, I must say.

If Hitler had survived the war, would people wish him dead?

45476[/snapback]

Naïve I think, given her legacy. Also, Thatcher and Hitler are hardly one and the same are they?

See, isn't it boring when people ignore the gist of a post and pick up on the slightest thing? :razz:

45482[/snapback]

If you're referring to my monarchy comments of a few weeks ago, I think you'll find that triggered a half decent debate.

Anyway, Thatcher would have made a perfect Nazi, would have made the top despite being a woman, I'm sure. She just happened to be born in the wrong place and time. She had no heart whatsoever. Infact, it wil probably take a silver bullet or a stake for her to die.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45470[/snapback]

Well, I guess she's irrelevant now , but it might make me a bit happy, I admit. Especially if she suffered first. Not feelings I particularly like having though, I must say.

45476[/snapback]

Naïve I think, given her legacy. Also, Thatcher and Hitler are hardly one and the same are they?

See, isn't it boring when people ignore the gist of a post and pick up on the slightest thing? ;)

45482[/snapback]

If you're referring to my monarchy comments of a few weeks ago, I think you'll find that triggered a half decent debate.

Anyway, Thatcher would have made a perfect Nazi, would have made the top despite being a woman, I'm sure. She just happened to be born in the wrong place and time. She had no heart whatsoever. Infact, it wil probably take a silver bullet or a stake for her to die.

45489[/snapback]

I quoted your monarchy comment but it was a general comment. At times (to me at least) you seem to be argumentative for the sake of. You admitted as much earlier today. I think sometimes you make really good posts and other times you're just pedantic. I'm sure you'll note the irony of this comment though :razz:

I do think comparing Thatcher to Hitler is a bit much though. Incidentally, and you'll love this Renton, I read somewhere that Graeme Souness is (or was) a big fan of Thatcher. Someone even wrote a book about how he applied Thatcherite economics during his time at Rangers. Honest!

45470[/snapback]

45476[/snapback]

See, isn't it boring when people ignore the gist of a post and pick up on the slightest thing? :icon_lol:

45482[/snapback]

45489[/snapback]

I quoted your monarchy comment but it was a general comment. At times (to me at least) you seem to be argumentative for the sake of. You admitted as much earlier today. I think sometimes you make really good posts and other times you're just pedantic. I'm sure you'll note the irony of this comment though :razz:

I do think comparing Thatcher to Hitler is a bit much though. Incidentally, and you'll love this Renton, I read somewhere that Graeme Souness is (or was) a big fan of Thatcher. Someone even wrote a book about how he applied Thatcherite economics during his time at Rangers. Honest!

45513[/snapback]

Aye, I admit I tend to argue for the sake of it, mainly because I'm bored. But at least I don't pick up on peoples' spelling, sometimes incorrectly, now that is pedantry! ;)

Anyhow, doesn't surprise me about Souness. He would really suit an SS suit, I can just imagine him now in one, waving his arm in salute, at the edge of our dugout.

I only did that because it was UglyMackems although it did backfire when I also got the spelling wrong. With hilarious consequences.

:razz:

At least that's when I think you're on about.

I only did that because it was UglyMackems although it did backfire when I also got the spelling wrong. With hilarious consequences.

:razz:

45519[/snapback]

You did it again in N-O today man! ;)

;)

45519[/snapback]

You did it again in N-O today man! :icon_lol:

45521[/snapback]

Did I? Where? :razz::D

;)

45519[/snapback]

45521[/snapback]

Did I? Where? :razz::icon_lol:

45526[/snapback]

Here.

Although I think your spelling was correct in this instance, which is an improvement. :D

;)

45519[/snapback]

45521[/snapback]

Did I? Where? :razz::icon_lol:

45526[/snapback]

Here.

Although I think your spelling was correct in this instance, which is an improvement. :D

45528[/snapback]

Ah reet.

45476[/snapback]

He did you mong....

He committed suicide when he lost! :razz:

45545[/snapback]

Before he lost actually. And I'm not being pedantic here, it's clear what I meant in the first place.

45476[/snapback]

He did you mong....

45545[/snapback]

Before he lost actually. And I'm not being pedantic here, it's clear what I meant in the first place.

45549[/snapback]

He committed suicide right at the end of the war...

You make it sound as though he was killed in action FFS! ;)

Besides, I wouldn't have wished the fucker dead - he should have been made to stood trial for all the shit he caused!

45476[/snapback]

He did you mong....

45545[/snapback]

45549[/snapback]

He committed suicide right at the end of the war...

You make it sound as though he was killed in action FFS! ;)

Besides, I wouldn't have wished the fucker dead - he should have been made to stood trial for all the shit he caused!

45550[/snapback]

Er, no, I don't. I just meant if he had somehow escaped. Anyways.... :icon_lol:

You could argue the war was already over in that the result wasn't in doubt but people were still being shot left, right and centre. And it wasn't 'officially' over.

You could argue the war was already over in that the result wasn't in doubt but people were still being shot left, right and centre. And it wasn't 'officially' over.

45552[/snapback]

Not certain on dates but I think it was the 7th May when Germany surrendered. Everyone agreed that hostilities would end at midnight on the 8th.

Wonder how many people got killed in between?

who gives a fuck. hes dead and she will be soon.

45565[/snapback]

It's more relevent than wanting to save a decrepit New York music venue that you've never even been to :razz:

what arguing over whether hitler died 1 day before or after the war!? and i was there 3 months ago.

45574[/snapback]

Thatcher's relevent though shirley.