Other drivers

Renton

Now I've started driving to work because I can no longer face the metro, I'm becoming stressed about what complete and utter selfish BASTARDS other drivers are! Anyway, its not doing my blood pressure any good. So what pisses you most off about other people's driving? For me it's the following top 3.

1) People who change lanes to get ahead in the queue. You selfish wankers! Every morning you see them on the Coast road/Cradlewell bypass/Jesmond road, weaving in and out the traffic queue, to make up a few seconds. There's alway some mug that lets them in, otherwise they force themselves in. The result? Even more delays for the rest of us. :)

2) People who stop on box junctions. Do you know how to fucking drive, you crettin? Admittedly, it's easy to do, but come on, some people are serial offenders, and they end up causing more chaos for other drivers and pedestrians alike. <_<

3) People tailgating me. Fuck of and die you aresholes! Do you realise if I need to do an emergency stop you will rear end me, you bastards? I swear to God I'm going to add some 6 foot spikes to my rear bumper. But then if you leave too much space, some wanker will nick in and steal your space, see point one.

:)

Ahh, that's better, needed to get that off my chest. Anybody got any other pet hates, or, more importantly, anyone do any of the above? :yes

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Useless go-slow drivers who spit their dummies out ( :) ) about all the points you mentioned!  :yes

44754[/snapback]

I'm not at all slow, but I'm obviously too considerate. Thing is, if more people were less selfish it would benefit all of us. :)

Ah Renton, we drive the same road into work every morning so I feel your pain on this one. Lane changers are an arse like, especially the one's who constantly do it. I come off at the Corner House so need to get in the left hand lane quite early, I usually stay in the left hand lane for most of the Coast Road actually as I've noticed a lot of people autmotically sit in the fast lane making the left hand lane the quickest sometimes. I also hate it when I get to the Chilli Road slip road where it should be one in and one out and when you've let someone out the person behind thinks they can come out too. I'm not a fucking charity.

Ah Renton, we drive the same road into work every morning so I feel your pain on this one. Lane changers are an arse like, especially the one's who constantly do it. I come off at the Corner House so need to get in the left hand lane quite early, I usually stay in the left hand lane for most of the Coast Road actually as I've noticed a lot of people autmotically sit in the fast lane making the left hand lane the quickest sometimes. I also hate it when I get to the Chilli Road slip road where it should be one in and one out and when you've let someone out the person behind thinks they can come out too. I'm not a fucking charity.

44756[/snapback]

I've even seen people driving up the slip roads when it's really busy, and down the other side to push in. Bastards, these people deserve death!

Now that's just brains more than arseholeism i think, i once jumped a 13 mile queue on the way to Newquay by going down the fast lane to the roundabout causing the tailbacks and just went round twice and came off at the right exit which from then on was clear all the way to the town centre. :)

Now that's just brains more than arseholeism i think, i once jumped a 13 mile queue on the way to Newquay by going down the fast lane to the roundabout causing the tailbacks and just went round twice and came off at the right exit which from then on was clear all the way to the town centre.  :)

44767[/snapback]

I'll let you off because that was in Wales, but if you are suggesting people should short cut throgh slip roads as part of their daily commute.....

Bastard! :)

Why don't we all do it, and create complete gridlock in the process?

Now that's just brains more than arseholeism i think, i once jumped a 13 mile queue on the way to Newquay by going down the fast lane to the roundabout causing the tailbacks and just went round twice and came off at the right exit which from then on was clear all the way to the town centre.  :)

44767[/snapback]

I'll let you off because that was in Wales, but if you are suggesting people should short cut throgh slip roads as part of their daily commute.....

Bastard! :yes

Why don't we all do it, and create complete gridlock in the process?

44770[/snapback]

Newquay's in Wales is it? <_< I'll have to consult my map! :)

People (mainly women) who can't work out what on earth either the inside lane or the outside lane is for on the motorway.

It's as if they sit in the middle lane thinking "well, I can't go wrong if I'm in the middle can I".

You see them pull off the slip lane and go straight for the middle lane, even if there is about 20 miles of clear road on the inside lane. If they come up behind something in the middle lane going slower than them, they'll slow right down until that vehicle pulls over again, before speeding up and overtaking them.

What's the fucking point?

I have no problem with people weaving lanes to get ahead of traffic though; at least their using a bit of common sense. If every driver just used a little bit more thought process then you wouldn't end up with the huge queue in the first place.

On the whole though, the majority of drivers are ok. You just get a few stupid/crap/thoughtless ones who ruin the journey for the rest of us.

Ban women from motorways, that's what I say!

Ban women from motorways, that's what I say!

44855[/snapback]

Bit generous to offer them the road full stop IMO....

44857[/snapback]

To be fair to them (and I am now and again) it does seem to be motorways which confuse them the most. Short journeys around town seem to be ok.

Anywhere where lane discipline is required seems to cause them massive confusion to be honest.

I was giving a woman directions once and told her to to cross over a roundabout. "which lane do i need to be in" she asked me. "The one that has the arrow painted in the direction you want to go" was my response.

"Oh I don't look at what's painted on the road, I normally just guess..." :)

The general theme when talking about poor driving appears to be the word "women".

44863[/snapback]

I cannot be a passenger when my missus is driving.....

And she's one of the better ones!

As for her mate - holds full on conversations with people on the back seat......whilst looking at them! :)

*and yes, this IS when she is actually driving!*

Women doing their makeup in a traffic queue is another one of my hates.

Pay attention you stupid bint!  :)

44864[/snapback]

In a traffic queue??

Fucking hell, you wanna drive the M25 mate, they're doing their make-up while doing 60 in the middle lane! :)

Women doing their makeup in a traffic queue is another one of my hates.

Pay attention you stupid bint!  :)

44864[/snapback]

In a traffic queue??

Fucking hell, you wanna drive the M25 mate, they're doing their make-up while doing 60 in the middle lane! :yes

44872[/snapback]

See! Middle lane! It's true I tell thee :)

people who pull out into your lane RIGHT in front of you

those who dont indicate.

motorcyclists - one minute their there, one minute their not.

old biddies on foot who think theyve got all the time in the world to cross the road.

tailgaters

all well annoying (not that i'm perfect myself)