Allardyce criticises Ashley reign

Craig

Me and Chez discussed this a while back when Allardyce was still at the club and whatever you might think of the bloke he didn't get much to spend. That's net spending, to avoid any confusion ;)

He didn't exactly spend the money he did get very well though did he? If money was tight hardly a great idea to splurge £6m on Smith and put him on 60k a week.

I agree but I was making a different point.

Shame you didn't agree at the time when people pointed out how shit Smith was.

Coming from someone who recently said they'd hadn't been so optimistic about the club's future in ages I think it's a case of stones and glass houses.

That's my fault for thinking Keegan had grown some balls this time.

Alan Smith though, fucking hell. :(

I thought Smith was decent cover and dear with that in mind so stop trying to make out I was predictin he'd be a superstar. I thought the fans would warm to his all action style of play though, which they haven't, since he doesn't seem to have the legs any more.

:wank:

Rewind to summer last year and you were banging on about how good the squad was and how excited you were about the options, how good Geremi was etc.

Me and Chez discussed this a while back when Allardyce was still at the club and whatever you might think of the bloke he didn't get much to spend. That's net spending, to avoid any confusion ;)

He didn't exactly spend the money he did get very well though did he? If money was tight hardly a great idea to splurge £6m on Smith and put him on 60k a week.

Coming from someone who recently said they'd hadn't been so optimistic about the club's future in ages I think it's a case of stones and glass houses.

Alan Smith though, fucking hell. :(

I thought Smith was decent cover and dear with that in mind so stop trying to make out I was predictin he'd be a superstar. I thought the fans would warm to his all action style of play though, which they haven't, since he doesn't seem to have the legs any more.

:wank:

Rewind to summer last year and you were banging on about how good the squad was and how excited you were about the options, how good Geremi was etc.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=531041

Guest Stevie
Me and Chez discussed this a while back when Allardyce was still at the club and whatever you might think of the bloke he didn't get much to spend. That's net spending, to avoid any confusion :razz:

Alan Smith though, fucking hell. <_<

:icon_lol:

You're twisting what I said. What I said was if Geremi takes his pre season form in to the season, we'll have a class player on our hands is what I said. He looked like a young Bryan Robson against Celtic. I never mentioned Smith, I supported the player but feared the worst.

Me and Chez discussed this a while back when Allardyce was still at the club and whatever you might think of the bloke he didn't get much to spend. That's net spending, to avoid any confusion :razz:

Alan Smith though, fucking hell. <_<

:icon_lol:

You're twisting what I said. What I said was if Geremi takes his pre season form in to the season, we'll have a class player on our hands is what I said. He looked like a young Bryan Robson against Celtic. I never mentioned Smith, I supported the player but feared the worst.

I apologise if that's the case but the rest of the point remains. 2J's spot on like although Baggio quoting him calls for another one of these:

extreme-ironing-05.jpg

Guest Stevie
Guardian

Sometimes, the laughing has to stop. For Newcastle United, the comedy club of the Premiership (some might cite Manchester City, but they've always done a nicer line in tragicomedy), that time has come. We may think that Newcastle are simply here to amuse us, but Sam Allardyce will warm to that idea about as much as Joe Pesci in Goodfellas. Funny? Funny how?

<_< What a thoroughly brilliant piece of journalism. How hard is it to be interesting and mildly funny as a journalist? A game which as a sports journalist becomes your life? You would never EVER see a piece of reporting like this from Alan Oliver. Alan if you're reading this, I know genuinely you're not a bad bloke, you're not I've spoken to you a few times, but you're pish, and too old, can you not take over the Rugby from Duncan Madsen?

I think some of the pieces as have been mentioned show lazy reporting. If we come lower than 7th, or below Everton I will pledge £100 to a worthy charity. Fuckin 9th. Some of them mention a weak squad, the piece in today's Racing Post has us 9th, because we've only made "a few" buys. I can't remember us making 7 QUALITY buys in the space of 2 months ever.

I'll stick my neck out and say 5th. Fuck Tottenham. Jol for the sack 25/1 - seen worse bets.

I've got my money on Bolton Wanderers 1 Newcastle United 3, BSA will know exactly what tactics to employ, he'll be a gaping hole for Bolton, and I feel Sammy Lee has as much charisma as someone like Howard Wilkinson.

Bolton 1 Toon 3 25/1 at Lads 5a

Howay The Toon.

Birmingham 1 Sunderland 1

Fulham 2 Bolton 1

Man City 2 Derby 0

Portsmouth 1 Man Utd 1

Reading 1 Chelsea 2

Wigan 2 Middlesbrough 0

:razz::icon_lol:;);)

stevie you have a bit of a knack for predicting results. Do you bet on them much?

It just goes to show you.

Guest Stevie
How fucking sad you are? Nice one.

I wanted to see just what I did say about Smith ya daft cunt. Those posts were more or less on the same page.

How fucking sad you are? Nice one.

I wanted to see just what I did say about Smith ya daft cunt. Those posts were more or less on the same page.

Not sad then, my mistake. <_<

I'm not going to start agreeing with Sam Allardyce the huge headed twat just because hindsight has proven Ashley and some of his staff to be liars. He was happy enough to stay at the club...or he shouldn't have received a pay-off.

Prior to the most recent window closing I was happy chasing good bargains (Beye, Guttierez, Guthrie) and getting rid of expensive flops (Parker, Dyer, Luque, Emre). A system that seemed to break down when we sold one of the best value young players in the squad (for an excellent price admittedly) and had nothing whatsoever set up for replacing him or bringing in the several other faces needed to fill out a squad of youngsters...which the manager had consistently warned about.

I was far less happy with the crazy wages thrown at crocks (Smith, Viduka, Geremi) and robbers (Barton) by Allardyce, but then Allardyce had no-one above him telling him who to buy and who not to so he was entirely to blame when his squad didn't perform.

i doubt many people thought signing smith was a really bad idea

more the opinion "he might do well, he works hard, but 6m is too much and the wages are too high"

Allardyce's transfers aside

his tactics were shit, his training was ineffective (remember the youtube video)

he was an average manager doing well at a club that didn't expect much

he's not the kind of manager to take on a job the size of ours

Stevie mustn't have, he's been searching for quotes hoping he did though. <_<

more the opinion "he might do well, he works hard, but 6m is too much and the wages are too high"

his tactics were shit, his training was ineffective (remember the youtube video)

I think it was obvious to anyone who has seen Smith over the past few years that he was going to be shit tbh.

I think it was obvious to anyone who has seen Smith over the past few years that he was going to be shit tbh.

I hadn't much tbh, that was the problem.

Only joking btw Stevie baby.

i was excited about the start of last season because of the players we had bought, (gez,viduka, barton and beye and cacapa even though i hadn't really heard of them two) but i didn't really care about smith didn't bother me that we had signed him and wouldn't have bothered me if we hadn't.

Guest Stevie

He wasn't even that good at Leeds and he was a bit part player at Man Utd, who lost 70% of what he had (and that wasn't much) blocking Riise's shot at Anfield.

He wasn't even that good at Leeds and he was a bit part player at Man Utd, who lost 70% of what he had (and that wasn't much) blocking Riise's shot at Anfield.

He had a good season back around 2001 but even Leeds bought in the likes of Keane, Viduka and Fowler because he wasn't good enough.

Didn't O'Leary sell Keane before he sold Smith despite being him though?

Robbie Keane was one of the first to go when Leeds had to start cost cutting iirc.

They paid half of his wages for the first 3 years he was at Spurs just to get him off the books.

Me and Chez discussed this a while back when Allardyce was still at the club and whatever you might think of the bloke he didn't get much to spend. That's net spending, to avoid any confusion <_<

It's why he was a gonner.

The meeting went like this...

SA Money?

Mort What?

SA Fuck you!

Mort I'd say!

end

From the Beeb gossip page:

Former Bolton and Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce is favourite to replace under-pressure boss Colin Calderwood at Championship strugglers Nottingham Forest. (The Sun)

<_<

Former Bolton and Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce is favourite to replace under-pressure boss Colin Calderwood at Championship strugglers Nottingham Forest. (The Sun)

:razz:

In fairness he'll probably do well at a club where turning them into another Bolton is a good thing. <_<

:razz:

In fairness he'll probably do well at a club where turning them into another Bolton is a good thing. <_<

He probably will aye but (nowt against Forest either) it's another bruise to his massive ego if that's the best offer he's had since he was sent packing from here.

Guest Stevie

<_<

"Forest are the biggest club I've ever managed, the East Midlands true hot bed of football blah blah.."