Handed my notice in today

Gemmill

:yes

Just thought I'd share that with you all. :)

(attention-seeking tbh)

44427[/snapback]

Got owt lined up mate?

44429[/snapback]

Aye and no more driving to Teesside as well. I can't wait. I've got a 3 month notice to work though. :)

<_<

Just thought I'd share that with you all. :yes

(attention-seeking tbh)

44427[/snapback]

Jumped before you were pushed, eh?

Seriously though, have you another job lined up? :)

44431[/snapback]

They actually offered me more money to stay man. :) I couldn't believe it. :lol:

<_<

(attention-seeking tbh)

44427[/snapback]

Got owt lined up mate?

44429[/snapback]

Aye and no more driving to Teesside as well. I can't wait. I've got a 3 month notice to work though. :)

44432[/snapback]

Well congratulations are in order then. Well done! :)

3 months notice? That's a canny bit when you want to leave. My contract ran out on September 30th and a new one wasn't agreed till 2:15pm on...yep...you guessed it...September 30th. Nowt like motivating your staff.

44435[/snapback]

You got a new contract? :)

<_<

(attention-seeking tbh)

44427[/snapback]

Got owt lined up mate?

44429[/snapback]

44432[/snapback]

Well congratulations are in order then. Well done! :)

44434[/snapback]

Cheers, mister.

3 month notice????!!!!!!

Seems a bit excessive. If you've got the new job then presumably you've already had the reference off them. Can't see any reason to stick around in that case if you want away.

Mind you, have you stipulated adequate loafing time in your new job?

You know, your new employers might actually want you to work....  :) :)

44438[/snapback]

I thought that when I first joined here, but after a brief period of inactivity I got back into the swing of things. :yes

3 months notice? That's a canny bit when you want to leave. My contract ran out on September 30th and a new one wasn't agreed till 2:15pm on...yep...you guessed it...September 30th. Nowt like motivating your staff.

44435[/snapback]

You got a new contract? :)

44436[/snapback]

Loafist.

Congrats young Scott, nobody wants to have to go to Teeside if they can help it.

<_<

(attention-seeking tbh)

44427[/snapback]

Got owt lined up mate?

44429[/snapback]

44432[/snapback]

that explains everything :yes

nah, pleased if its what you want though Gem, is the new job more money

3 month notice????!!!!!!

Seems a bit excessive. If you've got the new job then presumably you've already had the reference off them. Can't see any reason to stick around in that case if you want away.

44442[/snapback]

Aye 3 months is pretty much standard for what I do unfortunately. :) I don't have a reference yet, and I signed a contract agreeing to the 3 months so I'm a bit stuck. Legally I don't think they can enforce it because it's outside of European law or something like that, but I don't mind doing it really.

<_<

(attention-seeking tbh)

44427[/snapback]

Got owt lined up mate?

44429[/snapback]

44432[/snapback]

that explains everything :yes

44446[/snapback]

Running the Souness fan club doesn't pay too well but it's what he's always wanted to do.

:lol:

(attention-seeking tbh)

44427[/snapback]

Got owt lined up mate?

44429[/snapback]

44432[/snapback]

that explains everything <_<

44446[/snapback]

Running the Souness fan club doesn't pay too well but it's what he's always wanted to do.

44448[/snapback]

:yes

LM, it's similar money, slightly more, but taking the commute to Teesside and the tunnel out of the equation means I'll be a lot better off.

LM, it's similar money, slightly more, but taking the commute to Teesside and the tunnel out of the equation means I'll be a lot better off.

44449[/snapback]

How much petrol and toll money were you going through a week do you reckon? Canny mileage to Teeside, and you must have been paying £40 a month in the tunnel at least.

3 month notice????!!!!!!

44442[/snapback]

Aye 3 months is pretty much standard for what I do unfortunately. :yes I don't have a reference yet, and I signed a contract agreeing to the 3 months so I'm a bit stuck. Legally I don't think they can enforce it because it's outside of European law or something like that, but I don't mind doing it really.

44447[/snapback]

3 months sounds excessive. You cant tell me it'll take them three months to find a replacement calculator jockey! :)

In all seriousness though, despite the strict legal contractual position, the only thing that'd keep me to any notice period where I was desperate to get away would be the threat of not getting a reference if I didnt work it out. I mean beyond that if you leave early then okay you're in breach contract but it's hard to see what an employer would sue for.

Mercenary.......moi? :)

3 month notice????!!!!!!

44442[/snapback]

Aye 3 months is pretty much standard for what I do unfortunately. :lol: I don't have a reference yet, and I signed a contract agreeing to the 3 months so I'm a bit stuck. Legally I don't think they can enforce it because it's outside of European law or something like that, but I don't mind doing it really.

44447[/snapback]

3 months sounds excessive. You cant tell me it'll take them three months to find a replacement calculator jockey! :)

In all seriousness though, despite the strict legal contractual position, the only thing that'd keep me to any notice period where I was desperate to get away would be the threat of not getting a reference if I didnt work it out. I mean beyond that if you leave early then okay you're in breach contract but it's hard to see what an employer would sue for.

Mercenary.......moi? <_<

44453[/snapback]

Here man, finding someone as highly qualified, and with the wealth of experience that I have is like looking for the Holy Grail. :)

And I can't believe you were having a go at me for having no loyalty and then you expose yourself as the Ravanelli of the legal world. :yes

<_<

(attention-seeking tbh)

44427[/snapback]

44431[/snapback]

They actually offered me more money to stay man. :) I couldn't believe it. :lol:

44433[/snapback]

its funny when they do that - if you are so pissed off you have gone somewhere else all they do is PROVE they're lousy at motivation when they try and bribe you on the way out

<_<

(attention-seeking tbh)

44427[/snapback]

44431[/snapback]

44433[/snapback]

its funny when they do that - if you are so pissed off you have gone somewhere else all they do is PROVE they're lousy at motivation when they try and bribe you on the way out

44458[/snapback]

When he said 'stay' he actually meant 'go'.