David Cameron heading for election landslide

Meenzer

Whilst obviously far from perfect Labour have done an immeasurably better job of managing the country than the Tories managed

Except they haven't. :(

They've had a wonderful worldwide economic period in office (the best ever recorded in fact :razz:), and yet they still have utterly failed to prepare the country for the inevitable end of that never before (and probably never again) seen period of economic beneficence.

Rod Hull could have steered the UK quite happily from 1997 till 2007.... who knows he might have done a bet job of avoiding the rocks as well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assumed this thread would have been bumped because Cameron's lead has been cut to 4 points in the latest poll, but apparently not. I wouldn't bet on a tory landslide just yet.

Brown would have to call a snap election right now to capitalise on that, though. If he holds out until 2010, people will have seen through his economic "rescue" measures by then.

...again this is a worldwide economic crisis.

Is it worldwide? Or is it only limited to those countries blindly following the Chicago school model? Admittedly, that's almost all.

Brazil (Latin America's largest economy) and their state-owned oil firm Petrobras aren't doing too bad?

http://www.brookings.edu/opinions/2008/101...s_cardenas.aspx

Last time I looked the owed the world bank 900 billion dollars.$ This is after some king of write down in the mid ninetees. iirc

I assumed this thread would have been bumped because Cameron's lead has been cut to 4 points in the latest poll, but apparently not. I wouldn't bet on a tory landslide just yet.

Brown would have to call a snap election right now to capitalise on that, though. If he holds out until 2010, people will have seen through his economic "rescue" measures by then.

...again this is a worldwide economic crisis.

Is it worldwide? Or is it only limited to those countries blindly following the Chicago school model? Admittedly, that's almost all.

Brazil (Latin America's largest economy) and their state-owned oil firm Petrobras aren't doing too bad?

http://www.brookings.edu/opinions/2008/101...s_cardenas.aspx

Last time I looked the owed the world bank 900 billion dollars.$ This is after some king of write down in the mid ninetees. iirc

Didn't they pay off the IMF debt in full a few years back and save $900M in interest payments?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4527438.stm

Edited by Happy Face

If the Tories do get in next election ,we've got nothing to worry about in the North East.

I mean, they can't decimate our shipyards, they can't annihiate our steelworks, they can't wipe out our coal mines, and any homeowners worried about re-possesions can just put their name down for one of the many council houses available.

Nowt to worry about :razz: