Stephen Appiah - worth a look?

smoggeordie

Ghana star Stephen Appiah has admitted moving to the Premier League would be a 'dream' for him.

The 27-year-old former Juventus star is available on a free transfer after leaving Fenerbahce last month.

Appiah is keen to secure a move to England and has held talks with a number of interested clubs, but West Ham confirmed they were in negotiations to take him to Upton Park.

The 27-year-old former Juventus star is available on a free transfer after leaving Fenerbahce last month.

Appiah is keen to secure a move to England and has held talks with a number of interested clubs, but West Ham confirmed they were in negotiations to take him to Upton Park.

Arsenal are the latest club to be linked with Appiah as they look for midfield reinforcements, while Portsmouth are also believed to be keeping tabs on the powerful midfielder.

Appiah has told skysports.com that talks are ongoing with interested parties and that he is hoping to win a move to England.

"There are contacts, there are talks - I can't say anything yet," he told skysports.com.

"I am not going to put people off, my agents are talking so I have nothing else to say.

"My dream is to play in the Premier League and with the help of God, I will realise that dream."

Would any player want to join us given the current mess?

Xisco? Gonzales?

Ones on loan and one signed before any of this stuff kicked off...

Oh yeah because i'm sure everything must have been fine on Monday.....

And the new signings were expected to know what was going on were they? :lol:

Why has no other club took a gamble on him? Why is he on a free transfer? Surely if he had been performing in Turkey, then im sure someone would have been watching

Been injured for a long time

Thanks to Fener it seems.

Would any player want to join us given the current mess?

Don't get caught up in all this bollocks, footballers talk in one language only, if the money is right they will come. A bit like the field of dreams....

:lol:

Arsenal are reportedly set to sign Stephen Appiah. The talented Ghana international midfielder is understood to be in advanced discussions with Gunners' boss Arsene Wenger, and will sign a two year deal at the Emirates.

It was reported that West Ham had also made an offer for the former Fenerbahce midfielder, but the Gunners have stolen a march on their London rivals.

Appiah is one of the most highly regarded midfielders in Africa, and Arsenal are believed to be ready to pay a whopping £35,000 a week to Appiah to bring him to the Emirates Stadium.

Since the departure of Mathieu Flamini and Gilberto Silva, Arsenal have yet to have made moves in the transfer market to replace either; apart from signing youngster Amaury Bischoff.

It is understood that Wenger has decided that bringing Appiah to Arsenal will add plenty of experience to his squad; and his signing on a free transfer would be outside of the transfer window.

When was the last time Arsenal splashed big money for a player?

After all their transfer dealing this season they've made money (but lost a good player in Flamini, and were paid too much for Hleb IMO). Arsenal are a buy to sell club. May mean they will sometimes struggle to compete with the 'Big Foreign Boys' splashing the cash about.

That said, I don't know whether it's Wenger who's so tight, or the Dorectors/Board/Owners. Nonetheless they seem to be run more responsibly than many of the other so called big clubs.

They do need to strengthen their midfield, and I guess they feel it's worth a chance with Appiah based off his previous reputation.

When was the last time Arsenal splashed big money for a player?

After all their transfer dealing this season they've made money (but lost a good player in Flamini, and were paid too much for Hleb IMO). Arsenal are a buy to sell club. May mean they will sometimes struggle to compete with the 'Big Foreign Boys' splashing the cash about.

That said, I don't know whether it's Wenger who's so tight, or the Dorectors/Board/Owners. Nonetheless they seem to be run more responsibly than many of the other so called big clubs.

They do need to strengthen their midfield, and I guess they feel it's worth a chance with Appiah based off his previous reputation.

a couple of months ago when they signed Nasri

In the current climate 12 million isn't a lot. I mean we sold off Milner for that much!

Not meaning to be argumentative, just mean that I don't think we'll see Arsenal making any 20-30 million dollar buys in the immediate future (unless they sell someone off of a similar value - ie. when they tried to rob AC Milan blind with Adebayor's asking price).

In the current climate 12 million isn't a lot. I mean we sold off Milner for that much!

Not meaning to be argumentative, just mean that I don't think we'll see Arsenal making any 20-30 million dollar buys in the immediate future (unless they sell someone off of a similar value - ie. when they tried to rob AC Milan blind with Adebayor's asking price).

american dollar? if so you basically said this:

Not meaning to be argumentative, just mean that I don't think we'll see Arsenal making any 10-15 million pound buys in the immediate future (unless they sell someone off of a similar value - ie. when they tried to rob AC Milan blind with Adebayor's asking price).