Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

The thing is, you could just about accept stuff going on behind KK's back if it meant trying to bring in world class players, rather than bringing in loans and people you've never heard of while reducing the size of an already small squad.

This is Apocalypse Now stuff, really....KK is like Kurtz a man of vision a man of inner strength, holed up in the dark jungle which is modern football...This was KK's epitaph, he was ready one last time to bring his inner magic, his dreams, his way (the correct way) to play the game and all along he was dealing with penpushers, grocery clerks and small men...little men...men who have nothing.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, you could just about accept stuff going on behind KK's back if it meant trying to bring in world class players, rather than bringing in loans and people you've never heard of while reducing the size of an already small squad.

This is Apocalypse Now stuff, really....KK is like Kurtz a man of vision a man of inner strength, holed up in the dark jungle which is modern football...This was KK's epitaph, he was ready one last time to bring his inner magic, his dreams, his way (the correct way) to play the game and all along he was dealing with penpushers, grocery clerks and small men...little men...men who have nothing.

:lol:

My completely uninformed guess of what is happening at the minute is that Keegan is trying to put together a case for constructive dismissal to avoid paying the reported £1m and to get a few quid for himself. However, I can't see that working as the system of selling players behind the manager's back isn't unheard of.

I've really got no idea of how this will play out.

Actually I was reading something relating foreign cash injections to athletics doping, there's probably more than a bit of truth in that comparison.

The thing that must be frustrating is we're not even really competing with the 2nd string of normal clubs, although I suppose pound for pound quality-wise we're probably doing ok.

My completely uninformed guess of what is happening at the minute is that Keegan is trying to put together a case for constructive dismissal to avoid paying the reported £1m and to get a few quid for himself. However, I can't see that working as the system of selling players behind the manager's back isn't unheard of.

I have no doubt in my mind that is exactly what is happening.

That's no way for Keegan to leave football, a fiery chariot into the heavens is the only acceptable way. :lol:

The Keegan veneration is getting silly like.

The bloke's walked out on us after 8 months. And he's decided to wait and martyr himself on the last day of the transfer window rather than months ago when he was (allegedly) seething at the club letting Modric go.

Hope he stays, but at least question what's gone on rather than assuming Wise ordered him to suck his cock and enjoy it.

The bloke's walked out on us after 8 months. And he's decided to wait and martyr himself on the last day of the transfer window rather than months ago when he was (allegedly) seething at the club letting Modric go.

Hope he stays, but at least question what's gone on rather than assuming Wise ordered him to suck his cock and enjoy it.

Mainly by Parky tbf :lol:

I think it's fair to say that something (or things) happened very recently that were the final straw for the bloke. I sincerely believe he's acting with the fans best interests at heart too. I'm completely unconvinced the others are doing the same.

I think it's fair to say that something (or things) happened very recently that were the final straw for the bloke. I sincerely believe he's acting with the fans best interests at heart too. I'm completely unconvinced the others are doing the same.

I will stand with him. No worries. I have no doubt he was with us....to the end...

I will stand with him. No worries. I have no doubt he was with us....to the end...

I agree, I don't think he had any allies once Mort went either. None with any influence anyway.

I'd imagine Keegan was told that we were still chasing players on his list which he then found out not to be true, this coupled with the fact that it appears they tried to sell players behind his back must have been too much.

If he had've walked after the Modric deal fell through then I would've been even more disappointed that he didn't at least try to make a proper go of it.

anyone heard if he was at the training ground this morning? Im sure the sky cameras would have been there!

BBC have just reported that he didn't take training again..

Not that that's news mind, i'd have been fucking flabbagasted if he had - the press would have hounded him throughout the entire session!

We'll have a statement from him before he takes another training session.

I agree, I don't think he had any allies once Mort went either. None with any influence anyway.

I think we are beginning to realise what a decent man Mort was.

I'd imagine Keegan was told that we were still chasing players on his list which he then found out not to be true, this coupled with the fact that it appears they tried to sell players behind his back must have been too much.

If he had've walked after the Modric deal fell through then I would've been even more disappointed that he didn't at least try to make a proper go of it.

Which leads me to think he's hung around for personal/financial reasons. His head has been able to rule his heart...until this week.

When has Keegan ever tried to make a go of it without things being set up exactly as he wanted? Once, for England, and look where that got him.

Which leads me to think he's hung around for personal/financial reasons. His head has been able to rule his heart...until this week.

When has Keegan ever tried to make a go of it without things being set up exactly as he wanted? Once, for England, and look where that got him.

I really don't think he wanted to be remembered as the man who walked out on Newcastle twice, especially so soon after his grand return. I reckon he thought he'd wait and see how the transfer window panned out and it was only Monday when all the shit really came to light.

Of course you may be right and he may be in the shit financially but other than a bit of media speculation I've no idea whether that's true.

Kevin Keegan - Latest Club Statement

Newcastle United Football Club can confirm that discussions are ongoing between the Board and Kevin Keegan.

Both the Club and Kevin would like to reiterate that Kevin remains as manager. He has not resigned nor has he been sacked, as has been confirmed in respective statements made by Kevin and Newcastle United Football Club.