Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor old Terry Mac, who the hell's going to put the cones out now?

:D

Whos going to provide the entertainment in the dressing room?

Who's going to give the gambling addicts their racing tips? :icon_lol:

Don't these people know that sacking Terry Mac means the ultimate demise of this club? It's like the ravens and the tower.

Wasn't McDermott out of the club for our most succesful period over the last 10 years - Bobby Robson's reign?

The bloke's a jinx.

:D

The Newcastle crisis hit an all time low this morning when Terry McDermott was called to St James' Park rather than handling training. In his absence a junior member of the coaching staff attempted to lay out the cones, but his failed attempt shattered what little confidence remained within the squad....

cones.jpg

Newcastle's search for a new cones man goes on, but they'll struggle to find anyone with so many years of experience.

The Newcastle crisis hit an all time low this morning when Terry McDermott was called to St James' Park rather than handling training. In his absence a junior member of the coaching staff attempted to lay out the cones, but his failed attempt shattered what little confidence remained within the squad....

cones.jpg

Newcastle's search for a new cones man goes on, but they'll struggle to find anyone with so many years of experience.

No wonder we don't have a single player that can beat his man.

Some belting odds for the next manager including Allardyce at 33/1 with Ladbrokes, no wonder they say gambling is a mugs game

Judging by that Elvis is probably at 25's

Gullit's 33s too with William Hill :lol:

Hoying this in here as the TF thread is about action and not about what happened.

To say he should have quit earlier (if he had been misled) is ridiculous imo since he must have hated having to quit for several reasons - love of the club and its fans down to stuff like knowing the press would (to steal his phrase) just love it if he did so. Not to mention the club having him over a barrel with the much talked-about £2m clause in his contract. Also, this sort of thing builds up over a while and, as I see it, the events in the lead up to the transfer window closing were the final straw for him.

Its harsh that we have different views on such an emotional and important topic but i'm not going to shy away from it. I think we're both more than capable of having a different opinion on this.

My view is that he knew for months about the situation as it was the Keegan camp feeding Louise Taylor etc about events behind the scenes (about as close to a fact as you'll get in all of this). He had serious mis-givings during the summer, which he voiced through the press. It wasnt Ashley feeding the press all summer as that would have been an insane thing for him to do. The only possible conclusion you can draw is that Keegan had a problem with the set-up since the day 'problems with the set-up' appeared in the press. Thats months ago now.

Its integrity to do the right thing by the people that you express you act in the best interests of. Ashley & co have no integrity whatsoever, they've lived and died by the same sword (PR). I've been saying that since they took over tbf too, me and LM + a few others were slating them from the start.

For Keegan, i jst want to see the details of his contract to clear up this confusion. It would appear he has had problems with the set-up for longer than the friday before the Arsenal game. If it was me, i'd have been lobbying for change, setting out my reasons why, influencing those within the club to listen. I dont think he tried any of that.

If he had sign-off on players, acting with integrity would have been to consult his lawyers for constructive dismissal the first time a contractual element of his role had been broken. Instead he issued demands asking for total control of the club and demanding that Jimenez & Wise are sacked, the day after none of that mattered for another 3 months. My personal belief is that the club were probably prepared to let Wise go but that the man who got them 12m for a player valued at 6-7m by the manager was pretty indispensable. I have a suspicion that this is what broke the possibility of them sorting it out. What i dont believe is that, having endured the set-up and problems for so long, he couldnt put up with it for a few months more, gone to the LMA and tried to sort this out from the inside out. People just accept this notion of a 'neccessity to resign' which to me sounds prescious and pompous. Could he not have thought of the greater good?

Hoying this in here as the TF thread is about action and not about what happened.

To say he should have quit earlier (if he had been misled) is ridiculous imo since he must have hated having to quit for several reasons - love of the club and its fans down to stuff like knowing the press would (to steal his phrase) just love it if he did so. Not to mention the club having him over a barrel with the much talked-about £2m clause in his contract. Also, this sort of thing builds up over a while and, as I see it, the events in the lead up to the transfer window closing were the final straw for him.

Its harsh that we have different views on such an emotional and important topic but i'm not going to shy away from it. I think we're both more than capable of having a different opinion on this.

My view is that he knew for months about the situation as it was the Keegan camp feeding Louise Taylor etc about events behind the scenes (about as close to a fact as you'll get in all of this). He had serious mis-givings during the summer, which he voiced through the press. It wasnt Ashley feeding the press all summer as that would have been an insane thing for him to do. The only possible conclusion you can draw is that Keegan had a problem with the set-up since the day 'problems with the set-up' appeared in the press. Thats months ago now.

Its integrity to do the right thing by the people that you express you act in the best interests of. Ashley & co have no integrity whatsoever, they've lived and died by the same sword (PR). I've been saying that since they took over tbf too, me and LM + a few others were slating them from the start.

For Keegan, i jst want to see the details of his contract to clear up this confusion. It would appear he has had problems with the set-up for longer than the friday before the Arsenal game. If it was me, i'd have been lobbying for change, setting out my reasons why, influencing those within the club to listen. I dont think he tried any of that.

If he had sign-off on players, acting with integrity would have been to consult his lawyers for constructive dismissal the first time a contractual element of his role had been broken. Instead he issued demands asking for total control of the club and demanding that Jimenez & Wise are sacked, the day after none of that mattered for another 3 months. My personal belief is that the club were probably prepared to let Wise go but that the man who got them 12m for a player valued at 6-7m by the manager was pretty indispensable. I have a suspicion that this is what broke the possibility of them sorting it out. What i dont believe is that, having endured the set-up and problems for so long, he couldnt put up with it for a few months more, gone to the LMA and tried to sort this out from the inside out. People just accept this notion of a 'neccessity to resign' which to me sounds prescious and pompous. Could he not have thought of the greater good?

Sorry mate, if you want me to keep reading after there you're going to have to provide some solid evidence.

Sorry mate, if you want me to keep reading after there you're going to have to provide some solid evidence.

Easy. It wasnt Ashley or the club who put out stories against themselves.

So, if it wasnt the club putting those (now proved correct) stories out, who was it? Logic tells you that Keegan's views have been heard all summer. We all dismissed them as rubbish, now its clear they came from within the Keegan camp. Just like the news of him 'leaving the club' came from within the Keegan camp last tuesday.

There are only 2 options here.

Once Keegan resigned my sympathy for him lessened to some degree. It would have been far better for the club if Keegan had said he would be stepping down due to the "misunderstandings" over transfer policy either in January or at the end of the season.

There is more than a sniff of toys being thrown, even though I still ultimately hold Ashley and Wise responsible.

Basically I've been saying that on N-O. I feel somewhat let down by Keegan. It might not have been how he wanted it, but there was still a hell of a lot to play for this season, with a squad slowly improving. I find it hard to get my head round the fact he'd give up his 'dream job' and walk away. Even accounting for the fact he might have been frustrated surely he should have wanted to work with some of the lads who have been signed?

Easy. It wasnt Ashley or the club who put out stories against themselves.

So, if it wasnt the club putting those (now proved correct) stories out, who was it? Logic tells you that Keegan's views have been heard all summer. We all dismissed them as rubbish, now its clear they came from within the Keegan camp. Just like the news of him 'leaving the club' came from within the Keegan camp last tuesday.

There are only 2 options here.

Fair enough but i wouldn't want to put my neck on the line based on that.