Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

I said it wouldnt be sorted today after seeing that statement, however I did think it would be sorted by tomorrow. Now I'm not so sure.

If it comes down to lawsuits, then MA will find himself in an untenable position as the fans would turn on him anyway. Hes in a lose lose situation

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, it shows some promise, i.e. in the scouting structure. That said we've been iirc outspent by the clubs we're hoping to challenge in the near future, let alone the 'big 4' in the last two summer transfer windows now. The likes of Everton, Villa, etc. who already had better sides than us. Overall, that policy will get us nowhere.

Not even long term after getting the wage bill sorted and the dead wood shifted?

Don't believe the hype.

Ashley thinks it's Millets, stupid fat cunt.

It takes a special kind of moron to fall out with what is basically the prime asset ie KK.

Clearly Keegan has towed the party line since his arrival, publicly at least. He's pushed the boundaries a few times with the club (The Modric thing from Alex's ITK, "I don't speak to the owner" etc.) and they've been quick to remind him how they'll be running things, and Keegan has retreated to lick his wounds.

Would the Keegan of old stood for it? He resigned after a couple of weeks first time around. For him to put up with things if he was unhappy, suggests he's the one that's reacted over emotionally in the last few days and might be wondering if he's gone a bit far.

Clearly Keegan has towed the party line since his arrival, publicly at least. He's pushed the boundaries a few times with the club (The Modric thing from Alex's ITK, "I don't speak to the owner" etc.) and they've been quick to remind him how they'll be running things, and Keegan has retreated to lick his wounds.

Would the Keegan of old stood for it? He resigned after a couple of weeks first time around. For him to put up with things if he was unhappy, suggests he's the one that's reacted over emotionally in the last few days and might be wondering if he's gone a bit far.

Can't you call in some favours with Gates? :lol:

Aye, it shows some promise, i.e. in the scouting structure. That said we've been iirc outspent by the clubs we're hoping to challenge in the near future, let alone the 'big 4' in the last two summer transfer windows now. The likes of Everton, Villa, etc. who already had better sides than us. Overall, that policy will get us nowhere.

Totally agree.

Broken down to the bones it is just a money making strategy and nothing to do with football whatsoever.

KK was the only one batting for us reg what happens on the pitch, the rest of them don't give a toss.

Honestly believe this like. I was slaughtered by some on here with that story about Modric, KK's reaction etc. Seems like it was true now iyam.

I do think that the failure to strengthen the squad with some higher profiles does play a part in the current fracas. But I am not totally convinced about what part Ashley does play in this tbh. He probably has set some business rules wherein the club has to operate. But it was down to the recruitment department to make the best out of it - something they did fail despite the good signings we actually made. This is what the current assessment is probably about, but I am just guessing. After missing out on Modric, Aimar and probably loads more we don't know, Keegan was probably promised one big signing in regards to the Milner sale, which then didn't happen and causing a bit of an uproar, especially as I do think Keegan is a bit of a temperamental person with these things (for all the right reasons)...

Not even long term after getting the wage bill sorted and the dead wood shifted?

Don't believe the hype.

It takes a special kind of moron to fall out with what is basically the prime asset ie KK.

Is this today's posting strategy then Parky, Ashley bashing? You'll be praising him tommorow I bet :lol:

He tried to make the best of a difficult situation is my guess and his optimism that he could slowly get through to the jackals was probably misplaced, either way I'm backing him.

Don't believe the hype.

Is this today's posting strategy then Parky, Ashley bashing? You'll be praising him tommorow I bet :lol:

Parky Industries will not rest till this man is destroyed. You have my word.

Don't believe the hype.

I actually still think the fall out doesn't involve Ashley tbh.

Don't believe the hype.

Parky Industries will not rest till this man is destroyed. You have my word.

You're a lunatic but you make me smile so it's all good :D

On the sujbject of lawsuits (and bearing in mind I've seen Erin Brokovitch :lol:) can the fans sue Ashley for misleading us all about his commitment to aiming high and backing the manager? Especially as so many have stumped up a huge amount of money on season tickets on that basis.

Totally agree.

Broken down to the bones it is just a money making strategy and nothing to do with football whatsoever.

KK was the only one batting for us reg what happens on the pitch, the rest of them don't give a toss.

Honestly believe this like. I was slaughtered by some on here with that story about Modric, KK's reaction etc. Seems like it was true now iyam.

I do think that the failure to strengthen the squad with some higher profiles does play a part in the current fracas. But I am not totally convinced about what part Ashley does play in this tbh. He probably has set some business rules wherein the club has to operate. But it was down to the recruitment department to make the best out of it - something they did fail despite the good signings we actually made. This is what the current assessment is probably about, but I am just guessing. After missing out on Modric, Aimar and probably loads more we don't know, Keegan was probably promised one big signing in regards to the Milner sale, which then didn't happen and causing a bit of an uproar, especially as I do think Keegan is a bit of a temperamental person with these things (for all the right reasons)...

If the Milner money was supposed to be part of something big (and then wasn't for some reason that Keegan thought was rubbish, like the supposed £5m and £5m and not stretching to £6m and £6m) it could be the straw that broke the camels back.

If on top of that Barton, Smith and Owen were being touted around behind his back, then there's no decent manager that wouldn't go mental about it (would Fergy, Arse, The Special One have stood for that? I doubt it).

Don't believe the hype.

It could be more a middle management thing, maybe (and hopefully in many ways if the club is going to come out of this in anything like one piece and a positive direction).

Don't believe the hype.

He set the scene, he undermined KK, he talked down to him, he lied to him, he gave this little fuckhead Lambastard ideas that he could mess with KK....Believe me the scene was set from the top. Totally, pre-determined....

Edited by Park Life

It suggests to me that the rumours in the broadsheets of a £1m fee should Keegan walk are quite possibly true.

I've said that loads of times this morning to various people Gaz. I think everything points to that. The "LMA" saying he's in a difficult position, meaning he doesn't want or feel he should pay £1m if he resigns (to be fair he shouldn't have agreed to it), and at the other side of the coin he has been disrespected and undermined so badly that he feels there is absolutely no way he can go back. He's a man of pride, he is Kevin Keegan, I think he's above all others in our hearts, certainly more so than Shearer in mine, twice European Player of the Year, England's best player in the 70's, and he has been treat like he's a nobody. I think the only way this will be resolved is if a thinly veiled apology comes Keegan's way from the hierarchy at St James'.

Don't believe the hype.

He set the scene, he undermined KK, he talked down to him, he lied to him, he gave this little fuckhead Lambastard ideas that he could mess with KK....Believe me the scene was set from the top. Totally, pre-determined, down cold, plotting, cheating, lying CUNT.

:lol:

tactical-assassin-2-11.jpg

He tried to make the best of a difficult situation is my guess and his optimism that he could slowly get through to the jackals was probably misplaced, either way I'm backing him.

Me too.

With the lack of funds the club are willing to throw at the situation, there's only Keegan could motivate our pretty average rabble to reach for the stars.

And if/when he does come back, every one of those players would eat a milkshake of Keegans shit to play for him after seeing how he'll stand up for his players.

Don't believe the hype.

He set the scene, he undermined KK, he talked down to him, he lied to him, he gave this little fuckhead Lambastard ideas that he could mess with KK....Believe me the scene was set from the top. Totally, pre-determined....

I believe you as much as with all your other revelations/predictions/halluzinations tbh. :lol:

The thing is, you could just about accept stuff going on behind KK's back if it meant trying to bring in world class players, rather than bringing in loans and people you've never heard of while reducing the size of an already small squad.

It suggests to me that the rumours in the broadsheets of a £1m fee should Keegan walk are quite possibly true.

I've said that loads of times this morning to various people Gaz. I think everything points to that. The "LMA" saying he's in a difficult position, meaning he doesn't want or feel he should pay £1m if he resigns (to be fair he shouldn't have agreed to it), and at the other side of the coin he has been disrespected and undermined so badly that he feels there is absolutely no way he can go back. He's a man of pride, he is Kevin Keegan, I think he's above all others in our hearts, certainly more so than Shearer in mine, twice European Player of the Year, England's best player in the 70's, and he has been treat like he's a nobody. I think the only way this will be resolved is if a thinly veiled apology comes Keegan's way from the hierarchy at St James'.

I wonder if they have the humility and common decency and straight up kudos to apologise to a man they have clearly wronged. A man of great pride and heart, a man who still believes in the romance of the great game a man who always wanted to give something back. I don't see it in them I really don't - Wise, Ashley....Are these the men who we can count on?

I take your point they need to make a constructive and honest move that KK understands. I feel for him right now.

Don't believe the hype.

I believe you as much as with all your other revelations/predictions/halluzinations tbh. :lol:

You don't have to believe me, cause this time the fucked the wrong man. KK will speak to us when the situation allows.

The thing is, you could just about accept stuff going on behind KK's back if it meant trying to bring in world class players, rather than bringing in loans and people you've never heard of while reducing the size of an already small squad.

Aye I suspect he and everyone else could have happily lived with it, if it were a Hughes-esq situation.

At the end of the day, it's not just about being mislead, it's Keegan that has to be judged by this season, which must be pretty stressful if he's not getting as much control as he wants/needs.

Edited by Fop

Aye I suspect he and everyone else could have happily lived with it, if it were a Hughes-esq situation.

At the end of the day, it's not just about being mislead, it's Keegan that has to be judged by this season, which must be pretty stressful if he's not getting as much control as he wants/needs.

Not even quite to that extent but that's the sort of thing I was getting at.